BvS Do you really care what RT critics say?

Like Daredevil superior?

latest

thats what the RT numbers show...such a flawed system

There is no problem with RT. The critics are just expressing their opinion, the fans are also expressing their opinion. Nothing to complain about.

It's flawed in the way Sharknado can have a rating in the 80s with 150 less reviews. And BvS has a current 33 rating. So therefore by RT standards Sharknado is a better critically acclaimed movie.

That's not RT standards. That's straight math. It doesn't make sense that the same number of people reviewing a major motion picture would review a C-level movie on basic cable. If you're really only going by just a percentage and not looking at the whole picture, then that's your fault, not RT.

It's flawed in the way Sharknado can have a rating in the 80s with 150 less reviews. And BvS has a current 33 rating. So therefore by RT standards Sharknado is a better critically acclaimed movie.

It has 17 reviews. :funny: Therefore it has a smaller sample size, meaning it has a higher chance of avoiding criticism.

Well why can't RT have the same amount of reviewers for each movie? Base it off of 100 reviews. That way each movie has the same amount of reviews. Bigger budget movies get more reviews than the independent ones. If every movie gets reviewed by the same number of people then the percentages would make more sense for comparison.

Some people don't even look at the number of reviews. They just go off ratings. The first thing I look at is if it's fresh or rotten. Not how many people reviewed it.

Last edited:
There should be an option for "I tend to not read too much into RT scores as it's all just opinions but, i mean... it's only 33% ffs."

If it was even on 50 I'd say it was divisive and wouldn't make assumptions but 30-35% is really bad.

They're there for a reason. If they didn't matter they won't be on DVDs saying "this movie is certified fresh". It would be nice if the consensus of reviewers agreed that a movie was good.

If BvS was rated good then this thread wouldn't even exist. So obviously they count for something.

I guess some people need the opinions of others to form their own opinion. Personally I've been waiting for this movie for 2.5 years. Have the reviews deflated me? Yes. But I'm still pumped up and am going in with an open mind when I see it tonight

More people have given it a rotten rating. Even the fresh ratings I'm seeing, most of them are consisting of 3/5 from reviewers.

Open-minded pofessional reviewers, or those fortunate enough to get in work, are slating it. Fans are either bashing it or liking it, at least in some aspects, and hardcore fanboys are praising it with waving guns.

Just face it, it's not a great movie. But it's not a totally terrible one either. I'm saying that and I haven't seen it yet! The power of reviewers, man!!!

I'll be honest I do put some stock in RT, it does sway me on whether I see some movies. I didn't see the new FF because of its RT rating for example.

But there are some movies I will go and see no matter what critic score they get, and this is one of them. I often agree with critics, but with Zach Snyder movies we do not see eye to eye at all.

MOS and Watchmen are 2 of the best CBMs ever made IMO and are both in my top 15. The likes of Thor 2, IM3 and AOU all have much better critical scores and none of them would make my top 30.

So RT is certainly not the be all and end all for me.

That other RT thread is infested with negative people. To the point where I can't even go in there anymore.

This is a direct quote from a critic who gave it a rotten on RT:

For example, it's never explained why Superman (far removed from the old Christopher Reeve traditional -- and far more enjoyable -- interpretation of the character) simply doesn't fly around Earth really fast, reverse time, prevent young Bruce Wayne's parents from being gunned down (seen not just once, but twice in the film), and thus prevent Batman from ever existing. Game, set, match.

I mean, I can't even process this guy's line of thinking here in 2016.

Source: http://www.screenit.com/ourtake/2016/batman_v_superman_dawn_of_justice.html

Mind, that would be a mind-blowing way of defeating his enemy, but also saving 2 lives and sparing a child everlasting pain... Not to mention saving Gotham from a barrage of inspired villains and branded sex traffickers from death in prison.

"Do you really care what RT critics say?"

Shouldn't that say "Do you really care what critics say?" because RT is just an aggregation of critical reviews? Terminology is important

Mind, that would be a mind-blowing way of defeating his enemy, but also saving 2 lives and sparing a child everlasting pain... Not to mention saving Gotham from a barrage of inspired villains and branded sex traffickers from death in prison.

Ohhh like Flashpoint? Never thought of it like that. Would actually like to read that story

Also to add o my earlier point, I simply cannot believe that this is a worse CBM than the likes of Daredevil, FF2 and X-Men 3. Sorry but I just can't.

More people have given it a rotten rating. Even the fresh ratings I'm seeing, most of them are consisting of 3/5 from reviewers.

Open-minded pofessional reviewers, or those fortunate enough to get in work, are slating it. Fans are either bashing it or liking it, at least in some aspects, and hardcore fanboys are praising it with waving guns.

Just face it, it's not a great movie. But it's not a totally terrible one either. I'm saying that and I haven't seen it yet! The power of reviewers, man!!!

Rotten Tomato's critic score essentially has it as a 2 star movie in a 4 star rating system.

Also to add o my earlier point, I simply cannot believe that this is a worse CBM than the likes of Daredevil, FF2 and X-Men 3. Sorry but I just can't.

I haven't heard anyone say it's worse than those. Who has?

I care what critics say, because it will FOR SURE affect the box office. People DO look at what critics say.

RT score is worse than those movies. And even though that's not exactly how RT works, people are going to look at RT and come away with that conclusion.

RT has BvS as a 5.2.

FFINO is 3.4
FF2 is 4.8
Daredevil is 5.2
X-Men last stand is 5.9
Man of Steel is 6.2

RT score is worse than those movies. And even though that's not exactly how RT works, people are going to look at RT and come away with that conclusion.

But how many movie goers are actually going to look at Rotten Tomatoes to decide whether or not to go to a movie?

But how many movie goers are actually going to look at Rotten Tomatoes to decide whether or not to go to a movie?

A whole lot, I think. And the ones that don't will hear bad word of mouth from the ones that do. And THAT will spread like wildfire.

That overall % consensus does. That's why it's so damning, the film is put in that league. Can't imagine people are looking at the score and giving the film a benefit of doubt.

Do you really assume anyone is taking the time to read through the reviews? Highly unlikely, they just see the number. Takes 3 seconds and I'm out, this % tells me it's ****, F4-level bad.

That's not how RT works. That's the entire point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"