BvS Do you really care what RT critics say?

RT is an amalgam of reviews though. RT doesn't dictate one movie being better than another. That's not how it works.

True, but even so, I can't accept that this movie warrants more negative reviews than those movies did. I am sorry but I just can't.

True, but even so, I can't accept that this movie warrants more negative reviews than those movies did. I am sorry but I just can't.

I think people are more willing to forgive campy bad movies than joyless bad movies. At least campiness is entertaining and not draining.

hell no! come on guys,who cares what the critics say. the movie is for us,lets support it so we continue. plus any mistakes any film has,can be fix later and no movie is perfect!

I think people are more willing to forgive campy bad movies than joyless bad movies. At least campiness is entertaining and not draining.

Ah well, that's something I disagree with, I like serious movies and I can't believe this movie is joyless when even bad reviews have stated how much they enjoyed certain parts of the movie.

Well why can't RT have the same amount of reviewers for each movie? Base it off of 100 reviews.

Why can't every forum on SHH have the same number of guests?

Because some forums are more popular than others. If I'm a critic, am I going to review a big budget movie where I can get more eyeballs to read my work or some low level movie that only a very specific group of individuals will care about?

If the consensus in RT is unanimous or nearly unanimous... I believe it. If it's mixed... I'll wait until $2 Movie Theater, Redbox, or Digital. Going to the movies is pretty expensive and I don't want to be spending so much only to be disappointed by the movie.

So far, I have a pretty good track of watching fun and outstanding movies... don't want to simply see a movie because it's divisive and I need to make up my own mind or something to what has been implied throughout this forum.

Joyless is looking like the new buzzword. I don't think you need literal joy in a movie to give you joy as a viewer. It was a sad movie, for sure, but I very much enjoyed the experience. I had fun watching the movie.

No one's asking you to. It's your call.

:huh: I know that, my point was I will be making my own mind up.

Joyless is looking like the new buzzword. I don't think you need literal joy in a movie to give you joy as a viewer. It was a sad movie, for sure, but I very much enjoyed the experience. I had fun watching the movie.

I very much doubt the movie is joyless, with Snyder you are guaranteed great action and gorgeous visuals at the least.

Joy used to come from flights of imagination, from seeing dreams and outlandish concepts realized. Not it apparently comes from jokes and certain facial expressions.

Critics obviously sway people to go to the movies or stay home. I would have never seen any of those Oscar nominated movies like Spotlight or the Reverant. I had no interest in those movies, but all the buzz around them from critics and stuff made me want to see them

Look at deadpool. He doesnt have a ginormous following, hes more of a cult character, but it got reviewed really high so girls were bringing their boyfriends to see it on valentines day even if they had no clue who deadpool was...if it was rated horrible would they bring them? Probably not...if it was rated badly would it have grossed all that money? Probably not

all the negative reviews around BvS will cause a lot of people to skip it....its sad to say but its true...it needed a good RT score, and all the bad buzz will only hurt its box office numbers and get the DCEU off on the wrong foot

That's true of any aspect of life where there are critics. People aren't going to go to a restaurant if it gets bad reviews. People aren't going to buy certain models of cars if they don't get good reviews. But then if you decide to still go to that restaurant, or buy that car, or see this movie and wish someone had told you how bad it was, then you only have yourself to blame.

That's not true across the board.

People buy what they like.

Marketing, word of mouth, and personal preferences can sway people, too.

That's true of any aspect of life where there are critics. People aren't going to go to a restaurant if it gets bad reviews. People aren't going to buy certain models of cars if they don't get good reviews. But then if you decide to still go to that restaurant, or buy that car, or see this movie and wish someone had told you how bad it was, then you only have yourself to blame.

basically thats what the RT score is doing to BvS. The critics are hammering it. therefore it will turn people off to spending their hard earned money for it.

So this thread was pretty much created to justify that bad reviews and RT scores dont matter.....but they do.

The critics with RT could sway people from watching the movie. However the OW returns are big already so its not the end all be all. If people enjoy it they will put their money where their mouth is. This is also to add that WOM could be decent for this movie despite the reviews.

This movie is clearly a big performer even with such hardcore and overly harsh criticism.

basically thats what the RT score is doing to BvS. The critics are hammering it. therefore it will turn people off to spending their hard earned money for it.

So this thread was pretty much created to justify that bad reviews and RT scores dont matter.....but they do.

Nailed it. This thread is the Kumbaya circle of fanboy denial.

The critics with RT could sway people from watching the movie. However the OW returns are big already so its not the end all be all. If people enjoy it they will put their money where their mouth is. This is also to add that WOM could be decent for this movie despite the reviews.

This movie is clearly a big performer even with such hardcore and overly harsh criticism.

This movie is clearly a big performer for its first weekend. Already the User rating for BvS has dropped to 78% and it gets LOWER the more people that see it. What will it be after this weekend? Still I ALWAYS see superhero movies in theaters. I refuse to miss out on any opportunity in this "Age of Superhero" movies we live in. But to make bank people are going to need to see it again AND convince people who really don't care to go see it. Et Deadpool.

A whole lot, I think. And the ones that don't will hear bad word of mouth from the ones that do. And THAT will spread like wildfire.
I personally can count on one hand the amount of friends and aquaintances who have ever checked RT before making a movie decision.

Bad reviews can sink a movie like, say, Jupiter Ascending, but I think BvS is much more relatable to Transformers. It can sell itself on the name alone.
Joy used to come from flights of imagination, from seeing dreams and outlandish concepts realized. Not it apparently comes from jokes and certain facial expressions.
Now, I love jokes too, but this right here couldn't be more true. Joy does not equal comedy. You can have a positive movie that's uplifting without it being laugh-a-minute.

I personally can count on one hand the amount of friends and aquaintances who have ever checked RT before making a movie decision.

Bad reviews can sink a movie like, say, Jupiter Ascending, but I think BvS is much more relatable to Transformers. It can sell itself on the name alone.

Now, I love jokes too, but this right here couldn't be more true. Joy does not equal comedy. You can have a positive movie that's uplifting without it being laugh-a-minute.

One of the most joyful moments I've had watching a film is at the end of MEET JOE BLACK.

"It's hard to let go, isn't it?"
"That's life. What can I tell you?"

Just freaking perfect.

Nailed it. This thread is the Kumbaya circle of fanboy denial.

Nothing's stopping you from going back to the Rotten Tomato thread now is there? This is a thread for people who haven't seen the movie yet to come up with their own opinion after they've seen it and who are still hopeful. Shouldn't bother you. You have more than enough fan service kissing your feet in the other threads. Leave this one to the people who still have their minds intact.

The trolling from some members is starting to turn into insults and attacks. Hey some of us are over the RT negativity and look forward to this. Deal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"