Transformers Do you think they should have the same transforming sound as G1?

Alpha Omega Red

Civilian
Reaction score
I think they should make them sound like they did in G1 when they transform. I think too many people are trying to make this "movie" into reality. Let's face it people, this is just a movie. It's o.k. to have something a little unrealistic in there and that sound is the best that anyone has EVER used for any kind of transforming robots.

Oh they had better, thats one of the things that i really really want them to include in the film!!

I'm sure that some variation might work, but the sound, AS IT WAS, from the show, might not.

I think this thread should be about that one guy who voted no.

ObakeTora said:
I think this thread should be about that one guy who voted no.

Yeah, sure...and I backed up my answer...

Do I think they should use the SAME one? No...but a variation that makes sense with the film.

It would be cool. But i can't see them doing it. They'll want to put their own stamp on this film and call themselves 'updating' the sound.

Does anyone know how the original sound was made anyway...????

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
Does anyone know how the original sound was made anyway...????

Maybe by that guy from Police Academy?? :);)

skorponok said:
Yeah, sure...and I backed up my answer...

Do I think they should use the SAME one? No...but a variation that makes sense with the film.

thats what I was thinking to. Just so it blends in properly with the film.

As the Japanese G1 shows marched on they gradually weened themselves off of the "classic" transforming sound. By Victory it was practically non-existant. Beast Wars didn't have it, either (save for one instance). And those shows were just as much "Transformers" as anything else.

The old sound effect is cool and nostalgic, but like soneone else said, if they're to use it in the new movie they should really tweek it to sound less like a cartoon-noise.

As it stands, the transforming-effect sounds like it came from Hanna Barbara's sound file and I'd rather they didn't use that version in the movie.

God no. Have to ask yourself why would they (transformers)make that 80's cartoon transforming sound? I really cant think of a reason..Wouldnt they make sounds cause by gears and hydrolics and metal grinding and such.

Why does KITTs red-sensor thingy from Knight Rider make that cool swooshing sound?

Who cares? It sounds cool as hell! The G1 TF sound effect stays dammit!

I don't think it should be the same exact sound.... but it should be reminiscent of the sound. Something like a more industrial piston and metal sound that sounds LIKE the original transformers sound. That sound is one of the most memorable and iconic things of the cartoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"