Do you want Affleck as the director of the next Batman series?

Bruce Malone

Superhero
Reaction score
In some media sources they are reporting it as almost a fact/shoe-in that Affleck will be the next director for the new Batman solo films, however it's still probably far off before we get any confirmation. Is Affleck as the director of the next Batman series something you think would be good? or would you prefer WB look elsewhere?

Myself i'm a pretty decent fan of his directed work and I think he'd do a pretty good job.

Yes. Even if you don't like Affleck as an actor one of the perks of him being cast as Batman is the possibility he could write/direct a new Batman series.

Gone Baby Gone, The Town, and Argo are all awesome.

you might not like affleck's acing abilities but without a doubt he is one of the top directors of the current film making era

you might not like affleck's acing abilities but without a doubt he is one of the top directors of the current film making era

But apparently being in Gigli 10 years ago over-shadows all of that. :o

Honestly I would actually be more excited for B v. S if Ben was directing over snyder, that's how good i think he'd be for a new batman series.

Yes. Even if you don't like Affleck as an actor one of the perks of him being cast as Batman is the possibility he could write/direct a new Batman series.

Gone Baby Gone, The Town, and Argo are all awesome.

Yep, three of my favorite Superhero films.:whatever: Seriously I'd be willing to not pass judgment. he's a solid director and does have an interest in the genre if a little dark for me. Batman is dark though so it might work fine. I'd prefer Snyder for Justice league though and to stay with Superman.

I would, definitely. I think he's one of the few people who could really get the same style which many of us loved from the Nolan-verse whilst also incorporating the right quantity of fantastical elements that will make the new era of Batman films original and colourful.

Affleck is the perfect choice to take batman on.

I voted yes, however I am also going under the presumption he won't merely follow in the footsteps of what Nolan has paved. By all accounts Ben is cut from the same cloth as Chris; dealing with down to earth gritty dramas and realistic backdrops. In that sense I don't want a retread, talented as he may be.

I'm counting on a natural progression of the world Snyder has opened up to. It started out as a fairly normal Earth, but the introduction of Kryptonians has now established a sci-fi DNA. So long as this Gotham City can eventually be overrun by the likes of Clayface, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Man-Bat, and the like, I'm all for it. Ben's natural directorial sensibilities in maintaining the harsh realities of human action and emotion would be a nice offset to the fantastical realm.

Undecided
I will watch his movie either way

Only if he's not playing Batman. I don't think he'd want to direct a prequel trilogy either. Just doesn't fit the mold, but I'd have him direct as long as he is willing, and if he drops out of the role, grab Fincher or someone like that.

For me, it's between Affleck, Rian Johnson and Alfonso Cuaron.

Of all the actor-directors out there, Ben is among the best of the best, and would absolutely do an incredible job as the director and star of a solo Batman film or series of solo Batman films. The projects he's picked to direct and/or star in aren't really the kind of things I'm generally interested in, but you don't get recognized by entities like the Golden Globes, SAG, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, etc. (even if he was passed over for a Best Director nomination, they still recognized him by nominating Argo for Best Picture and awarding the award to the film) if you're not immensely talented and extremely good at what you're doing.

But apparently being in Gigli 10 years ago over-shadows all of that. :o

Honestly I would actually be more excited for B v. S if Ben was directing over snyder, that's how good i think he'd be for a new batman series.

but that was 10 years ago. look at what he's done since then

The best part about this news is that Affleck will most likely direct the next Batman series

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"