• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you work with someone who won't shut up?

quite a few years ago, I was riding the bus after work and this woman sat across from me and proceeded to engage me in non-stop conversation about her grandson that she seemed SO proud of... it was just a non-stop high praising of all his 'cute' little achievements and accolades... she just kept looking at me and going on and on and on... she could just find NO fault in him... I just kept nodding and nodding, but never said a word to her of acknowledgment... and to top it off, I had never even SEEN this woman before as a regular on the bus... I had just finished work a few minutes earlier and basically, was in no mood to hear about her little darling, but I was trying to be polite, so I kept on with the nodding... but after about 10 minutes of all this fawning, I just couldn't take it any longer, so I just proceeded to say to her in a low tone of voice that no one really gives a s**t about her little brat and no one cares except her, and that could she kindly PLEASE shut the hell up?... and I DID say all that in those words... she just had this shocked look on her face, but she shut up after that and never said a word again during the ride... a few of the other riders nearby may have had shocked looks, as well, but I think the majority of the looks I got were ones of relief and not one word of defense was raised for the woman and her jabbering... do I regret it?... hell NO...and I would do it again if the situation ever rose again, because the last thing I want to hear after a long and hard day at work is someone endlessly WORSHIPPING the s**t that their little brat dumps and their belief that it doesn't stink in the least...

Couldn't you have just told her you were in no mood to talk?

Couldn't you have just told her you were in no mood to talk?

not the way SHE was just gushing about the little brat... I remember you just couldn't get a f**king word in edgewise... typical motormouth...

Social media spoils people in their control of whom and how long they discuss things with. In real life you have to be around workers you don't like, and just put up with it.

My coworker just returned from the bathroom and described her bodily fluids to the person sitting next to her. First, she apparently isn't aware that everyone in this room can hear her, or maybe she is? Second, no one besides her cares about the state of her bodily fluids and its effect on her health. Third, sitting in the same room with her has changed from just making me feel annoyed to physically ill. I need to get a new job...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"