Does anyone here think its too late...

The Spawn

Better Than You
Reaction score
...to save this planet?

That we've gone beyond the point of no return?

That these alternative energy sources we've found and continue to search for along with all this recycling and resuing even more things is in vain?

If you do, does that stop you from even trying?

Or are you worried about the future?

The planet has always been on a downward spiral. We could never "save" it. I just hope it lasts for a while longer.

I think it may be possible, but I don't think it will happen. We haven't seem to taken 'alternative energy' as serious as we should yet.

The planet is fine.

The people are ****ed.

Lets say we had the mindset we have now in the 30's....when do you think earth would be at the point it is now?

I like to do my bit, when and where I can. I don't go overboard though, and I don't consider myself an environmentalist in any way, even to a very small degree. But I do my bit...

I don't litter, I don't drive an awful amount, and I recycle not because I've gone out of my way to get the different coloured bins, but because it's now mandatory - given by the government. But I've implemented these things I do into normal day-to-day life and don't give it hardly any thought.

Until Spawn ****s out another thread.

It's obvious to say that we're not making this planet any healthier, but who knows what will happen in the future? Maybe science will take the slack yet again and find a way to sustain us - this will only ever be made standard when we are in the most dire need because killing the planet makes people MONEY. Or maybe we'll burn, freeze, or drown in a toxic world that we created while looking the other way.

The planet will just kill us off, then reset itself, one big loop :D

Is it too late to prevent severe consequences? Probably.

There's nothing we can do to prevent the planet-- and most importantly, the human race-- from dying off at this point. All we can do is prolong the situation by reducing our own environmental impact, both at the institutional and grassroots levels.

Also, you can read the book in my signature to learn how we can eliminate consumer waste by designing effective products which can truly be used and re-used over and over again. I think this is something which will catch on in the next couple of decades, and I think will help alleviate matters a bit.

Humans will be here till the sun goes. To think otherwise is stupid it won't be the same, but I don't see anything happening to the human will to survive.:o

We're gonna have to start making colonies in deep space one of these centuries.

I think the planet earth itself will be fine, but I think it's game over for humans. But who knows what the future will hold.

The planet will be fine. Hell, Mars might not have any sophisticated life, but it's still a planet. Same goes with earth. We could fire every nuke we have and the planet would still be fine, as it's just a ball of dirt in orbit around a star.

Now, the human race on the other hand is probably going to end up f**ked. That's the way they should be pushing all this "go green" stuff. Drop "save the earth" and change it to "save yourselves, you stupid bastards" and people might actually listen.

The planet will be fine. Hell, Mars might not have any sophisticated life, but it's still a planet. Same goes with earth. We could fire every nuke we have and the planet would still be fine, as it's just a ball of dirt in orbit around a star.

Now, the human race on the other hand is probably going to end up f**ked. That's the way they should be pushing all this "go green" stuff. Drop "save the earth" and change it to "save yourselves, you stupid bastards" and people might actually listen.

You gotta hit people where they feel it. In their wallets.

The planet is fine.

The people are ****ed.

Bingo.

This planet has gone through new wave after new wave of dominant life forms.

It's done its fair share of protecting itself, and I don't think it has stopped. Earth will put an end to us, I'm sure of it. It's only a matter of when and how.

Humans will be here till the sun goes. To think otherwise is stupid it won't be the same, but I don't see anything happening to the human will to survive.:o
The sun won't go out for billions of years. Humans will not be around to see it go out:o I would say it is stupid to think we will still be around for it. Even if humans do live that long, which is still highly improbable anyways, we will have used up this planet and moved to another solar system by then.

The sun won't go out for billions of years. Humans will not be around to see it go out:o I would say it is stupid to think we will still be around for it. Even if humans do live that long, which is still highly improbable anyways, we will have used up this planet and moved to another solar system by then.

Hell, we won't even be recognizable as humans by then, with billions of years of evolution behind us.

Most species don't even stay dominant for as long as we have. One day, I wouldnt be surprised if it was soon (that's soon in a world sense, not as in tomorrow...but next thousand years or so), something happened that just wiped all life from the earth and sent us into another ice age.

If the super volcano under Yellowstone erupts, that's it for humanity. No way we're survivng that. Comet strikes, severe weather fluxuation (man made or otherwise), or even our own god damn stupidity through nuclear war would all easily kill of our species.

I hope the world goes to hell so we can live in a post-apocolyptic wasteland where everyone wheres leather and problems are solved by battles in the thunderdome to 80s power ballads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"