Does anyone know how the WW script was sold?

H

harbinger14

Or better yet does anyone know Matthew Jennison or Brent Strickland? Or better than that does anyone know anyone or how to get to anyone high up at Marvel (I know this is DC) I ask because I know they sold it on spec but how? I ve written a Captain America script which is very good, and I really don't want to see it go to waste so Im leveraging all my options. Any help on how to get it to the approriate people would be greatly appreciated.

It's really a very rare occurence that the Wonder Woman script got all the way to the higher ups at Warner Bros - although there was a fan Superman script featuring Metallo that Warner Bros read and liked. Anyway, Google script submissions and learn everything you can. Good luck.

Or better yet does anyone know Matthew Jennison or Brent Strickland? Or better than that does anyone know anyone or how to get to anyone high up at Marvel (I know this is DC) I ask because I know they sold it on spec but how? I ve written a Captain America script which is very good, and I really don't want to see it go to waste so Im leveraging all my options. Any help on how to get it to the approriate people would be greatly appreciated.

Variety's Slanguage Dictionary defines a spec script as a script that is sold on the open market. In other words, there were other producers and studios that were looking at it and possibly interested in buying it. Wikipedia.org writes that spec scripts are usually pushed by the writer's agent in order to get a frenzied bidding war amongst the studios. In many cases these scripts get passed up if the studios are not interested. If I remember correctly, Joel Silver stated that the reason why they bought the script was because there were elements in it that they were already going to be used in the film and they did not want it to be out there (so that somebody else could use the idea). This sounds to me like they were afraid (not so much that somebody would use the character of Wonder Woman, but) that someone would buy the script, change the name of the characters (and maybe use Zena, or Sheena, or something like that), and one up them by releasing a film with these elements in it prior to Silver and Co. even getting the green light on filming. It sounds like writing a spec script would be a trivial thing to do and that anybody could do it, but the fact that an agent is involved might make it kind of a costly and nerve wracking process for the writer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"