Does anyone know if these sequels are getting made?

rodhulk

Superhero
Reaction score
INDEPENDENCE DAY and TWISTER.

I had read awhile ago that sequels to both of these movies were going to get made, but nothing since then. Does anybody know if any sequels are planned?

I heard recently there was something being done with a twister sequel . I think Independence Day had rumours floating but it is highly unlikely.

twister 2 been rumor to be made but no firm word about it as for ID4 would been nice if they did but nothing there either

Independence Day 2 will never happen, and if they ever make a Twister 2 it would probably go direct to DVD.

No and No.

The Twister movie was in development a few years after the first one. In 1997 Jonathan Lemkin was hired to write the script, he wrote Devils Advocate. However, that was the only move and was killed by the studio soon after the hire.

ID42 was also in early pre-production soon after the first and also killed by the studio. Other rumors have popped up now and again, but nothing concrete. It's over for that one too.

Independence Day didn't/doesn't need a sequel anyway. It worked well as a one film kind of thing.

why would anyone want to see sequels of those movies?

Independence Day was already Stargate 2 and 3 put into one movie.

Roland Emmerich recently said that Independence Day 2 could happen. He needed to find the right story -- which is why the second one never came to life in early 02'.

twister 2 been rumor to be made but no firm word about it as for ID4 would been nice if they did but nothing there either

It would be nice? I shudder to think of a sequel to that "movie".

Roland Emmerich recently said that Independence Day 2 could happen. He needed to find the right story -- which is why the second one never came to life in early 02'.
And probably why it'll never be made :p

Come on! Right story for ID4 2?

And probably why it'll never be made :p

Come on! Right story for ID4 2?

Believe it or not, the mainstream audience doesn't buy the fact that Aliens could come back and exact their revenge.

I know, Emmerich was disappointed also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"