Does it annoy you?

The reason he doesn't just walk in there and wipe them out is because he's after the bigger picture. He wants to play his cards. Aside from that, I don't think Blade has the capacity to go up against an entire house. Even in the films there was always barriers in his way.

the only thing that'll justify blade not fighting with the sheer capacity of his movie counterpart is if when the house of cthon falls,he'll tell kyra it was a test for her to bring down the house as a sort of initiation into his organization of vampire hunters around the world and that he fought half-assed so that she woudn't totally depend on him.but then again, maybe my idea sucks but anything within this realm of reasoning with greatly help this series out in terms of blade's skills.

I just rewatched the first Blade movie last night and the Blade was getting whupped quite a bit (firstly by the Black girl vampire doing Karate, and then by the two chinese vampires - one of them dislocating his right arm)

The fight scenes are a little better than before, I have to admit. But still I don't understand why they need to have someone else helping him win a fight in some of these fights (He had Krista's help[who at that time was human] to slay an average vampire, and in episode 6 he had to get help from Vanessa to slay a female vamp).

Personally I think in the series Blade has way too much reliance on his guns (which begins to tire me a bit since he uses guns to slay the vampires nearly every time), and why does he get runs over by cars (twice already: once by Fritz, second time by Bad Blood)? I mean he is supposed to have all of vampires' strength and none of their weaknesses - in the pilot it shows Chase just mega- jumped over the buildings to knock out Krista, and Krista after being turned to Vampire leaped to another building from the Chthon building. Shouldn't Blade be able to easily evade the vehicles coming to ram him?

The thing is shows like Buffy and Angel were able to make good fight scenes with the main character having not much trouble dealing with the average vamps, but maybe a bit of trouble dealing with special boss-type foes, and it worked.

My personal opinion is that Blade as a drama series is quite good, but as an action series it's a flop. And until they really start to improve the fight scenes - I'll never really be a fan of this new series like I am with Buffy or Angel (I will still watch it though and see how it turns out because I'm a good fan of Blade and it's free thanks to Loki)

49erVenom said:
Plus we haven't got an explanation on how all these houses of vampires survived the Daystar virus.

At least it's easy to see Daystar's effect on Blade. Being a hybrid, they didn't know how it was going to effect him in Trinity. Judging by the lackluster fights, it clearly castrated him. The TV Blade is a wuss. That's the only thing about this show that I don't like. His constant struggle with common vampires is more then annoying. I like the concept, cast and storyline but they need to give Blade his balls back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"