Does it bother anyone that Batman's rubber cowls won't let him look over his shoulder

It really didnt/doesnt bother me. It introduced the "hero" turn after all.lol. Keaton had it the worst, the cowl extended down with the scallops on the bottom to attach to the cape, which was attached to the armor. Heres a shot of how the cowl was velcroed down, you can also see the bolt mechanism for the symbol.
clasp.jpg

SHADOWBAT69 said:
It really didnt/doesnt bother me. It introduced the "hero" turn after all.lol. Keaton had it the worst, the cowl extended down with the scallops on the bottom to attach to the cape, which was attached to the armor. Heres a shot of how the cowl was velcroed down, you can also see the bolt mechanism for the symbol.

clasp.jpg

Nice recollection and image, may I ask where did you get that image from?

gotham_ente said:
Nice recollection and image, may I ask where did you get that image from?

Its one of the many images weve shared on BOTB. A couple of the members have been privy to actual screen used items.

Dr. Fate said:
Does it bother anyone that Batman's rubber cowls won't let him look over his shoulder?

I've never heard anyone even mention it, or notice it, except fans who have seen the movie hundreds of times.

Dr. Fate said:
I was talking about this with a friend of mine, Erin, she pointed out that because the movie Batman costume has his cowls being made out of rubber they prevent him from looking over his shoulder, so he has to actually turn his whole body around to see something coming at him from different angles.

For example, in the 1989 Batman film where Batman's fighting the Joker's thugs in the alley, and he has to turn his whole body around when facing the guy with the swords as opposed to just looking over his shoulder. Okay, that's probably not the best example. Towards the end, after he's blown up the chemical factor and the Joker flies by in his helicopter and shines the light on Batman, and Batman has to turn all the way around, or when he's in the bell tower where he turns all the way around after hearing the Joker's maniacal laugh.

Okay, those examples suck, but let me know what you think.

Hehehehe I kept thinking the same thing through the years. All the movies have him turning around way too much.

And the makeup around the eyes always bugged me too. It just always looked weird, and how is he supposed to get changed into the Batsuit quickly when he has to apply makeup every time?

When trying to get on 50 pounds of rubber as quickly as possibly, eye shadow is really the least of your worries.

SHADOWBAT69 said:
clasp.jpg

That's what i said on page 1 Eric :) But a picture says more then 1000 word's:up:

I checked out that BOTB site them brothas got some pretty cool **** over there and I thought that I was like the only serious fan out here. Nice network of brotherhood, I'll recommend that site to anyone besides my own.

I always saw his cowl as armor against a clubbing to the back of the neck so it didnt bother me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"