does Norman osborn suffer multiple personality disorder?

ganstaman56

Civilian
Reaction score
question: after norman's "accident" in both the movie and the comics did norman suffer from multiple personality disorder?:confused: :confused:

Not exactly. I'd say it was more of a psychotic break. But he was only normal when he had amnesia, once he regained his memory he became the goblin again. Good question tho.

ganstaman56 said:
question: after norman's "accident" in both the movie and the comics did norman suffer from multiple personality disorder?:confused: :confused:

Multiple personality disorder is 2 complete and separate "people" inside one mind. At the end, when he is pleading for his life, he is both Norman and the Green Goblin at the same time. My interpretation is that he is just generally insane. In fact, they mention the lab rats went insane. Just a general insanity. It's possible it can't be diagnosed because it is artificially produced from the syrum.

he used to but i don't believe it's the case anymore.

certainly did in the 90s animation, well portrayed i feel...

If he was insane does that mean he can be legally held to be guilty for the murders?

If he was proven insane he would of been sent to a mental institute under high security.

Arkham :)

They could break him out for sequels Murdock-style.

He was just pure insane and to his credit, i felt defoe nailed it.

ganstaman56 said:

The multiple personality was a nice blending/take on the amnesia Norman from the Lee&Romita run.

In the comic Norman whether a shock to the head(Amz 40) or somekind of personal or mental trauma(Spectacular Sm Mag 2 & amz98) would be enough to surpress his Goblin/evil personality for a while.

I agree Darkred Dafoe was awesome.:gg: :up:

Multiple personality disorder is 2 complete and separate "people" inside one mind. At the end, when he is pleading for his life, he is both Norman and the Green Goblin at the same time. My interpretation is that he is just generally insane. In fact, they mention the lab rats went insane. Just a general insanity. It's possible it can't be diagnosed because it is artificially produced from the syrum.

But is it Norman pleading or is the goblin just immatating him?

It is dual personalities but unfortunatly Norman was the weaker personality.

But is it Norman pleading or is the goblin just immatating him?

It is dual personalities but unfortunatly Norman was the weaker personality.

Yeah, I think by that point Norman's personality was completely absorbed by the Goblin. The last time we see Norman as an independent entity is the "We attack his heart!" scene. After that, he melds with the Goblin, conscious of his desires as Norman but using the Goblin to achieve his goals (his heart to heart with Harry).

But I think the serum just triggered it; there must be a suceptibility to delusions/insanity in the Osborn blood. Harry started seeing/hearing his father without touching thr serum; it was the trauma of losing his father/finding out Peter "killed him" that sent Harry off the deep end.

I think in the movie he did, but once the Goblin personality got more powerful, he was able to bring out all the worst in the Norman personality, and the two eventually just sort of merged.

I think in the movie he did, but once the Goblin personality got more powerful, he was able to bring out all the worst in the Norman personality, and the two eventually just sort of merged.

Exactly. Take for instance the Thanksgiving scene. Norman was Norman but on the evil side. It's clear by Harry's reaction that his father was different. They were fusing into one being. Norman also freaked when he saw Peter's wound that the Goblin caused. At that point, it's pretty obvious they were one. If they were seperate entities, Norman would not even know about the Goblin/Spidey fight in the burning building.

Immediately following Norman taking the syrum the Goblin slowly introduced himself and Norman was still seperate. By the end of the film, there was only one entity.

I'd say at the beginning he did but by the mirror scene they started merging until the scene with Harry in black and reconciliation where I feel at that moment Norman and GG were one in the same, which would also explain how he could be "pleading" with Peter while secretly and consciously trying to kill him as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"