Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7MZlFYzD9E

ABC's 'Apartment 23' restores original *****y title
by James Hibberd

The ‘*****’ is back.

After ABC changed a new show’s mildly profane title during development, upcoming comedy Apartment 23 has now more-or-less reverted to its original head-turning name.

The official new title of the show is Don’t Trust The B—- in Apartment 23, dashing out the letters of the curse in an attempt to soften its impact (not entirely unlike how CBS solved buying short-lived **** My Dad Says last season, substituting the non-word “$#*!”). The Disney-owned network has two upcoming shows that previously used the word “*****” in their title — Don’t Trust the ***** in Apartment 23 and drama Good Christian *****es. The former was shorted to Apartment 23 right before the network’s broadcast upfront presentation in May. The latter was change to Good Christian Belles, and was then changed again to GCB. (Good Christian *****es, in particular, was singled out by some culture critics who were ready to pounce on the show should it hit the air with its original title).

In the case of Apartment 23, the new title was rather anonymous; it didn’t tell you anything about the show. The new version more clearly suggests the show’s premise — about a naive midwesterner (Dreama Walker) who moves in with a hardcore party girl (Krysten Ritter). And given that CBS’ 2 Broke Girls and Fox’s New Girl have successfully launched girl-with-new-roommate(s)-in-the-big-city premises this fall, the cleverly written Apartment 23 might likewise pop for viewers. The show does not yet have a premiere date, but is expected to debut sometime this season.

Although networks are wary about the swear word in a show’s title, on-air use is fair game. According to a story in the New York Times a couple years ago, the use of the word “*****” in primetime tripled in the last decade, growing to 1,277 uses on 685 shows in 2007 from 431 uses on 103 prime-time episodes in 1998.

I think this could be quite good. I hope ABC gives us a premiere date soon.

BTW, Krysten Ritter = :hrt:

This might be a good show.I'll watch it when it comes on tv.

The new promo with Bryan Cranston was gold.

I thought Krysten Ritter was Kate Micucci from "Raising Hope"

Krysten Ritter

christinerittersgy01510.jpg

katemicucci1.jpg

Kate Micucci

April 11, apparently.

James Van Der Beek = comedy gold

Saw this on Hulu early. Thought it was pretty lame

Yeah, the pilot sucked. Hopefully it will get better.

Please tell me it wasn't, like, Whitney levels of bad.... please. :csad:

I saw a TV spot for this and it just looked bad. I'm not sure if I'm going to give this one a chance.

The redeeming factor may be James Van Der Beek. He wasn't laugh out loud funny but I could see him get some material later on that could be hilarious. He plays a pseudo-version of himself (kind of how NPH plays "himself" in the Harold and Kumar movies).

I saw a big promo thing for it at a movie theater and my wife&I didn't laugh and actually both said"it'll get cancelled after a few episodes",I have a sense of humor/like the concept and all But just something seemed way off!!

I might give it a chance some time though so I can judge much more fairly!

Dawson is the best part already, but I think Krysten is hot so I'll watch til it's cancelled.

It belongs on another network. Probably like FX so they could make their fights more nasty and hilarious in the vain of Always Sunny.

Yeah I just thought that Kristina Ritter's character was bad and the other girl was meh. Van Der Beek seemed really funny

Guess ya'll forgot about Krysten being in this movie:

[YT]sNTK1kfMy_g[/YT]

The first two episodes are available at Hulu. The pilot is nothing special, but the second episode is hilarious. I recommend you guys watch it.

I just might check it out on Hulu because Krysten Ritter looks pretty hot, but with a title like this I think it may be better had it aired on cable so it can really go all out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"