Snowpiercer TV Series

ThePhantasm

2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper
Reaction score

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...developed-by-avatar-2s-josh-friedman#/slide/1

Bong Joon-ho’s critically-acclaimed 2013 sci-fi film Snowpiercer is on the express track to series television as screenwriter Josh Friedman is adapting it for the small screen.

Marty Adelstein’s Tomorrow Studios (“Last Man Standing,” “Aquarius,” “Teen Wolf”) has purchased rights to the potential series from Korea’s CJ Entertainment & Media, which also produced the feature.

“I couldn’t be more excited for the opportunity,” Friedman said. “Marty and Becky are the perfect partners to help me bring this world to TV. I’m a huge fan of director Bong’s films, especially ‘Snowpiercer.’ It’s great the way the best sci-fi is great — thoughtful, political, funny, scary and sly. And it’s on a train. A big f—ing train. What more could you want?”

“We are very excited to be working with Josh on this incredible story,” Adelstein said. “As such a prolific and innovative writer he is the ideal person to create a massive new world in this adaptation. This is an expansive, high-concept project and we are thrilled to be a part of reimagining it for television.”

giphy.gif

Another movie being turned into a tv show...how very original.

The movie already did the premise justice so why turn it into a tv series? I can't see how this series could last more than 1 or 2 seasons.

I'm still suffering from a serious mind**** after watching the movie last night. I'm not so sure about a series. Let me know how it goes.

So, how many seasons do they think should take to travel from the back of the train to the front? :o

'Snowpiercer' TV Adaptation Lands at TNT With Pilot Order

The potential series will be based on the 2013 film that was written and directed by Bong Joon Ho in his first English-language production. The movie, which starred Chris Evans and Tilda Swinton is set seven years after the world has become a frozen wasteland, and the remnants of humanity inhabit a gigantic, perpetually moving train that circles the globe. Class warfare, social injustice and the politics of survival are questioned.

I think this could work if the first season was spent setting up the world in a compelling way. If they decide in the first episode to head to the front of the train, that'd be weird. Let the reality they live in breathe...develop the characters in various cars. Maybe the end of season 1 cliffhanger could be the decision to get to the front. Then spend all of season 2 struggling to get to the front. Then...well...thats the end. I'm not sure how you stretch it out over more seasons.

Life before or after the events of Snowpiercer. Spending each ep or season!? in one car at a time sounds like a drag.

So, how many seasons do they think should take to travel from the back of the train to the front? :o

Maybe there is like 100 cars and each episode shows them getting through one car. lol

TNT Parts Ways With ‘Snowpiercer’ Showrunner Josh Friedman (EXCLUSIVE)
TNT has parted ways with Josh Friedman, the showrunner of the TV adaptation of “Snowpiercer,” Variety has learned exclusively. Friedman was an executive producer on the project and wrote the pilot, which was shot last year. “Snowpiercer” was ordered to series by TNT earlier this month. A source close to the network cited creative differences as the reason.

Friedman's awesome. :(

Also didn't realize there was already a thread for this, not sure how to delete the recent one I created.

Cannot wait for this. What a great choice for a telly show

Hmm that’s not a good sign.

Oh well, soon I will be doing my own snowpiercer! I’ll be riding the sapsan (bullet train) from Moscow to st Petersburg. Hopefully won’t be as violent!

Bummed to hear about this. Sounds like the Friedman & Derrickson were on the same page, with the Orphan Black guy being more favorable to the producers.

Cool to see Diggs & Connelly seem to still be aboard post-pilot though.

Looks superb! I hope I can easily watch it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"