Doom Eternal

2 days ago
Check Out This Awesome DOOM ETERNAL Video That Commemorates The Series' 25th Anniversary
The DOOM series has been around for 25 years and, in order to celebrate this occasion, we get a new video that shows off some of the best moments of the DOOM Slayer over the years.Read more

Also with

2 days ago
Panic Button's New Update Increases Performance For DOOM On The Nintendo Switch
DOOM on the Nintendo Switch has just got a brand-new free update by Panic button, which increases the game's performance and adds some interesting stuff that players will likely appreciatRead more

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

1 day ago
This New Video Analyses The Performance Improvements In DOOM For The Nintendo Switch
Panic Button released a new patch for DOOM on the Nintendo Switch, and this new video by Digital Foundry shows us the slight enhancements the game got by comparing the older version to the upgraded one.Read more

| 12/21/2018
Filed Under: "DOOM" Source: Digital Foundry
12779.jpg

Last week, on the 10th of December to be precise, the original DOOM by id Software was celebrating its 25th anniversary, and Bethesda released a video commemorating 25 years of demon-slaying greatness.

Bethesda wasn't the only ones celebrating the 25th anniversary of the DOOM series, since Panic Button also gave Nintendo Switch players a present that came in the form of a new patch for the latest DOOM.

The DOOM Patch 1.2 gave players the option to add recent players they've met online to their Friends List, as well as some minor improvements that promised to make the gaming experience slightly better.

This new analysis video by Digital Foundry goes over some of the improvements this new patch is adding to DOOM on the Nintendo Switch. The new patch does, indeed, make the game perform better than before, with a slight change in resolution that has gone up from 1080x684p to a more standard 1080x720p in dock mode.

DOOM for the Nintendo Switch, after the patch was added, is still locked at 30fps, but it does seem to be more stable than it was before. Then again, the game is running on a handheld console, so it is to be expected that such a demanding game drops frames every now and then during heated battles.

Overall, it is nice to see that Panic Button is still working on improving the game; not to mention that they had already done a wonderful job porting the game to the Nintendo Switch in the first place, which is, quite frankly, already worthy of admiration in and of itself.

DOOM is a brutally fun and challenging modern-day shooter experience, now available for Nintendo Switch! Obliterate demon hordes in the single-player campaign, or compete against your friends in numerous multiplayer modes.

DOOM is currently available for the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC.

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

Yeah. Saw the trailer. It looks like weak trash. Actors are miscast, the cgi look terrible and the monsters look cheap with a low effort zombie and an unidentifiable grey mess. Probably just made to stop the rights from losing despite no real appetite to make real Doom movie.

Top developer or publisher execs should be producers or at least hands on consultants in movie adaptions

It does seem unusual for them to be completely frozen out. Someone must have screwed up when negotiating film rights for the original film.

Last edited:
I am so goddamn hyped for this game. I loved Doom 2016, got the platinum, what a ride. This is looking to be even better.

Also the fact that Id Software embraced the DOOT meme is hilarious.

I still play the 2016 game to this day. A true masterpiece of game design. I recommend the noclip documentary, really interesting.

Cannot wait to rip and tear into Heaven.

I still play 2016's multiplayer often

I put some time into it, even though I was a year late to the party, activity was moderate. But the level up grind was way too much for me. The sheer number of levels was daunting.

I'm liking the MP idea for Doom Eternal far more. Demons vs Doom Slayer, as it should
be. I normally don't get excited for MP, but this time I'm looking forward to it.

Plus they have single player expansion DLC as well, that there is huge plus for me.

Last edited:
Delayed until March 2020.

Well, we get Doom64 as a pre-order bonus, so I'm good with that. Sucks it'll be delayed, but I'll take Doom64 for free.

Oh well, I was struggling to find time to slot it in anyway. March is probably better

Well shirt. I've been playing a lot of Doom 2016 recently and am so ready for Eternal

Well ****. I've been playing a lot of Doom 2016 recently and am so ready for Eternal

I'm also really excited for Eternal. While I enjoyed Doom 3 I was happy that Doom 2016 was a major step up in the franchise. Those frantic parts in the game where they just throw an onslaught at you after you punch that red core or heart or whatever it was at certain points in the game.

Well, we get Doom64 as a pre-order bonus, so I'm good with that. Sucks it'll be delayed, but I'll take Doom64 for free.

Wait, what?! Looks like I'm pre-ordering. I enjoyed Doom64 a lot and played through it quite a few times. It's only for the Deluxe Edition I take it?

Only issue is what games it is now going to be sandwiched between.
Yep. I am still excited for it, but now it is coming out around the same time as Last of Us 2, FF7 Remake and Cyberpunk? No mas.

Yeah, I'm in no hurry to play this. Going to wait for the Steam sale in December next year.

Delayed until March 2020.

I have less than zero faith in Bethesda or any developer they lord over. I think one of two things is happening. Either Bethesda is making id retool the game to increase microtransactions and grind in the game, or they are retooling the game to decrease microtransactions in reaction to Wolfenstein New Blood being a PR and sales disaster. Either way I dont think this delay has anything to do with quality assurance. Bethesda doesnt give a single fork about quality.

They definitely haven’t had a good track record lately. They used to be the gold standard but they’ve just been making the most idiotic of mistakes. I get the economics of the industry are hard but they would make more money if they weren’t jamming in money spending stuff all the time.

hopefully whatever is going on they fix it before elder scrolls comes out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"