Iron Man 2 Downey Jr. and Favreau on Iron Man 2

Entertainment Weekly said:
You said you were consciously teeing up the Avengers?

Yeah. I think it would be a very smart third film in the Iron Man series. It's very difficult to keep these franchises from running out of gas after two [movies]. The high point seems to be the second one, judging by history: If you just look at the consensus in the reviews, you see that X-Men 2 and Spider-Man 2 are sort of seen by the fans as the sort of high point of both franchises, though I don't necessarily agree with that. But to be able to fold it into an Avengers is something you just couldn't do in another studio, and I think what Marvel is about is stuff you can't do at a bigger studio. They gave me tremendous creative freedom; they gave me tremendous freedom in casting, at the end of the day. Even though there was concern, they ultimately backed a decision [to hire Downey to play Tony Stark] that I don't think a studio would've, and now they're benefiting from having that nimble creative team. And that's, honestly, the most attractive aspect of working with them again.

I thought that was pretty interesting. So instead of Iron Man 3, we will get the Avengers. I wonder how much will be squeezed into Iron Man 2 with War Machine, the Mandarin and Tony's alcoholism. I would have much preferred to have seen that play out over the course of two more Iron Man movies instead of just the one, but how can one doubt Favreau at this point.

So theres going to be two villain in the second film eh?

I thought that was pretty interesting. So instead of Iron Man 3, we will get the Avengers. I wonder how much will be squeezed into Iron Man 2 with War Machine, the Mandarin and Tony's alcoholism. I would have much preferred to have seen that play out over the course of two more Iron Man movies instead of just the one, but how can one doubt Favreau at this point.

That quote tells me Favs knows what he is doing with this... he should definitely direct Avengers although I'd still bring in a guy to produce that can deliver on the action meter. If we only get one more sequel so be it. They will have to cram in a lot but it could probably be done effectively.

Didn't Favreau say in a seperate interview that he wanted to fins a more compact way for Tony Stark to turn into Iron Man instead of the assembly line like in this first film?
I think he was hinting at the attache case gimmick Tony used in the 1980s to store his Iron Man armor in the comics. Would that be cool to see?

I'm crossing my fingers that we get a third solo Iron Man film after the Avengers. There is still a story to tell past the alcoholism storyline, and trying to tie up all of the remaining loose threads in one film is too much of a gamble.

kbyrd112 said:
Didn't Favreau say in a seperate interview that he wanted to fins a more compact way for Tony Stark to turn into Iron Man instead of the assembly line like in this first film?
I think he was hinting at the attache case gimmick Tony used in the 1980s to store his Iron Man armor in the comics. Would that be cool to see?

I think it would be pretty cool if they could pull it off. Though I've never really understood the physics of it.

Cartoonwise That WAS GREAT!! But Live Action Wise...:whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"