Downey Jr. Is The New Lestat?

I do think Bale's a great actor BUT I do think he's in the crossroad in his career where he's trying to juggle big movies and small movies. This year, he's mostly done big movies so I'm hoping that he gets back into smaller dramas, starting with The Fighter.

Again.

:dry:

<Shakes head in pity and shame.>

:dry:

Honestly, do you guys just judge him based on Terminator and Batman or something? :wow:

If someone can watch Empire of the Sun, Henry V, Newsies (a freaking musical), American Psycho, The Machinist, The Prestige, Rescue Dawn, 3:10 to Yuma and even his relatively reserved performance in Public Enemies and still call him a bad or limited actor....well there are just no words to describe that.

I've got one...IDIOTIC.

And even in Reign of Fire he was pretty good for what he had to work with.

And I LOVED Cruise as Lestat. He NAILED it. Maybe they could do the ol' Benji Button trickery for him?

People don't like Cruise, which is fair enough. But I think he is a truly outstanding actor who has a lot more range than people give him credit for. I mean even in a silly film like Tropic Thunder he was an absolute phenomenon.

Last edited:
I'm sure there are plenty of young, tall, blond haired, blue eyed actors out there that can do the role more justice than casting men pushing a 40-50 years old because he is a name.

What's his name got to do with anything?

I'd rather a proven actor who has nailed the role before over some young no body who looks good.

And to be frank; young, talented American actors are pretty thin on the ground right now.

There are many talented young people but the Hollywood system is filled nepotism and xenophobia, it's not even funny!

:hehe: I can't tell whether you are being sarcastic? Either way, tis funny.

But honestly there isn't many good young American actors out there right now I don't think. They are all a bunch of pretty boys who the girlies scream about but don't have any actual talent.

BTW I'm not talking about Patterson. I hate Twilight with a passion but I'm not a idiot, he's a decent actor.

Technically, Lestat should be a "pretty boy". He's not some Dracula type...

Wait so is this really happening?. Has RDJ been cast as Lestat?

Bale needs to just go away. He is good as Batman but thats the only thing that I like him in. That man isn't a great actor and just cause he was able to save the Batman movies doesn't mean he needs to be in everything.
Lol, pathetic. :up:

The Machinist, Empire of the Sun, Laurel Canyon, Velvet Goldmine, Public Enemies, I'm Not There, Rescue Dawn, American Psycho...he's one of the most exciting, versatile, and dynamic actors of his generation. Too bad you're so enclosed in internet comic book/movie geek land that you can't see it.

Technically, Lestat should be a "pretty boy". He's not some Dracula type...

Yea I understand that.

But most of these "pretty boy" actors cannot act themselves out of a paper bag. They are simply just "pretty boys"

IMO neither RDJ or Bale are right for the role. You know who should be Lestat? Jonathan RHys Meyers. He has the look and can definitely pull of the attitude....Just watch The Tudors. It will be the only convincing you need.

The Machinist, Empire of the Sun, Laurel Canyon, Velvet Goldmine, Public Enemies, I'm Not There, Rescue Dawn, American Psycho...he's one of the most exciting, versatile, and dynamic actors of his generation. Too bad you're so enclosed in internet comic book/movie geek land that you can't see it.

Wow, yeah that was hate full. I was just stating my opinon which I thought I was aloud to do. And if you want to say who is more enclosed look at our post counts. You are far more involved then I am.

I do enjoy him in movies but I am so tired of the "Get _______ _______ they are the best!" fan boy crap. There are other actors out there but Bale and Jr. seem to be in everything latly and I want to see other actors.

This might be a dumb suggestion. But how about Bradley Cooper as Lestat?

But when I read Interview, Vampire Lestat, and Queen of the Damned I always kind of pictured him in my head.

bradley-cooper-image_242x358.jpg

Bradley Cooper can be in anything as far as I'm concerned.

The guy's solid.

I'd rather see Cruise reprise the role again to be honest - Lestat's still one of his best, most menacing performances to date; so much so that even Anne Rice, who absolutely savaged Cruise when she heard he was cast, took out a full page editioral to say how wrong she'd been after she'd seen the movie.

Anyone who needs confirmation as to just how good he was in the role need only watch Stuart Townsend portrayal of the character in Queen of the Damned.

I think Cruise is still youthfull looking enough to be buyable too, not to mention that makeup and SFX makeup will be used also.

Exactly . They should bring back cruise. Not that I don't love RDJ , i want Cruise to return.

Bale needs to just go away. He is good as Batman but thats the only thing that I like him in. That man isn't a great actor and just cause he was able to save the Batman movies doesn't mean he needs to be in everything.

This statment kind of confuses me.

I'm glad that we can always depend on the likes of yourself Sarge to say the things that the rest of us are too passive to say. :woot: :up:

Originally posted by KenshinAtrain
IMO neither RDJ or Bale are right for the role. You know who should be Lestat? Jonathan RHys Meyers. He has the look and can definitely pull of the attitude....Just watch The Tudors. It will be the only convincing you need.

I'm not really a fan of his and that's coming from a fellow Irishman! I think Cillian Murphy would be pretty good.

I'm not really a fan of his and that's coming from a fellow Irishman! I think Cillian Murphy would be pretty good.
Holy crap I almost forgot about him. How could I?....Cillian would also be fantastic in that role

I would prefer to see James Franco as the Brat Prince more than Bale or Downey Jnr.

jamesfrancol.jpg

I like the Jonathan Rhys Meyers suggestion.

I like Franco but...no.

I think he would be awesome. Ever since I started watching The Tudors I thought he would make a great Lestat or Jean-CLaude(who is a fav vamp of mine from a series I read)

Rhys Meyers could convey that regalness that Lestat kind of carries about him. I just re-watched Queen of the Damned last night, talk about a god awful movie. If you go into the deleted scenes they actually gave the Ancients some lines and reason for being. I think it's a great idea to reboot the Vampire Chronicles. They oughta start at Interview and take it all the way through to the Queen of the Damned. Don't combine The Vampire Lestat and QotD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"