Stephen King's The Stand on CBS All Access

Finally been catching up on this. There’s been a couple huge missteps here, but holy hell did they miss the mark with New Vegas. How is it possible to miss the point this hard?

This was all pretty mediocre and forgettable. I had some fun with it, but this should've been way bigger and better. Maybe the money went to the actors since they somehow got some big names for this. It's a shame because people were talking about a new adaptation for years, and this is what we ended up with...

I didn't hate it, but it really went off the rails in the second half. I was actually quite enjoying the first couple of episodes but when they introduced Ezra Miller's character I just couldn't take this show seriously anymore.

Such a over the top and laughably embarassing performance from a guy I do think is actually pretty talented, but he needs to start choosing his roles better.

Its impressive the amount of actors they were able to get for this though, but man at the end day I still can't figure out how they got them since most of them were pretty much glorfied camoes.

About half way through and it feels like a decent B-minus show that is extremely undermined by its non-linear structure. Seriously, if these scenes had been put in order, the show would have worked so much better.

Finally been catching up on this. There’s been a couple huge missteps here, but holy hell did they miss the mark with New Vegas. How is it possible to miss the point this hard?

Yeah, that was perhaps the biggest mistake in the show. Turning Vegas into a neo Sodom & Gomorrah completely robs all the nuance of the greater good vs. evil conflict of the story. It's just so much less interesting than Flagg's authoritarian regime in the novel.

Ultimately I didn't hate this, and parts of it I actually think are very good, especially the majority of the cast. But I couldn't help but feel disappointed in the whole thing, looking back at it now. To have waited such a long time, with actors of this caliber, and it still feel like a pale cliffnotes imitation of the story. It constantly felt rushed, like there wasn't enough time within the nine episodes to do the full scope of the book justice, and though I thought there were episodes where the nonlinear structure worked, overall it was not necessary. And it sucks especially because there probably won't be another adaptation of this for a long time, and the book is one of the great American epics of the last century.

I feel like this show was supposed to be bigger than what it was? I dont hear about it ANYWHERE

The Stand was supposed to be The Lord of the Rings of horror. This should've been on the level of hype as IT.

Yeah unfortunately this was more like the tv show of The Mist and Under the Dome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"