Dr. Gordon Returns to Saw 7

teewee1432

Civilian
Reaction score
Lionsgate has announced that Cary Elwes will reprise his role of Dr. Lawrence Gordon from the first Saw movie in Saw VII 3D, coming to theaters on October 22. The full cast includes Tobin Bell, Elwes, Costas Mandylor, Betsy Russell, Sean Patrick Flanery, Gina Holden, Chad Donella, Laurence Anthony, Dean Armstrong and Naomi Snieckus.

In the seventh installment, as a deadly battle rages over Jigsaw's brutal legacy, a group of Jigsaw survivors gathers to seek the support of self-help guru and fellow survivor Bobby Dagen (Flanery), a man whose own dark secrets unleash a new wave of terror...

Directed by Kevin Greutert from a script by Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan, it is the first theatrical feature to be shot on the SI-3D digital camera system.

Last edited:
They should have done this since part 4.... Costas Mandylor can't carry this series.

I feel Costas has done a pretty good job as being the Jigsaw heir. But in all honesty, this could really be an amazing thing if done right. I guess we'll see Dr. Gordon in the role as Jigsaw survivor?

Lionsgate has announced that Cary Elwes will reprise his role of Dr. Lawrence Gordon from the first Saw movie in Saw VII 3D, coming to theaters on October 22. The full cast includes Tobin Bell, Elwes, Costas Mandylor, Betsy Russell, Sean Patrick Flanery, Gina Holden, Chad Donella, Laurence Anthony, Dean Armstrong and Naomi Snieckus.

In the seventh installment, as a deadly battle rages over Jigsaw's brutal legacy, a group of Jigsaw survivors gathers to seek the support of self-help guru and fellow survivor Bobby Dagen (Flanery), a man whose own dark secrets unleash a new wave of terror...

Directed by Kevin Greutert from a script by Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan, it is the first theatrical feature to be shot on the SI-3D digital camera system.

I think it's cool Flanery is in this . Almost as good as bringing back Dr Gordon.

Hmmm...as much as I HATED Boondock Saints 2, I can't blame Flanery for that. I'm still a fan of his. And since Elwes is in it, I guess I'll have to check this out.

Oh damn it, does this mean I have to go watch Saw V and VI? Crap. I stopped at IV.

Nice. Saw IV and V were crap, the rest were good though.

Just glad Robin Hood is getting work somewhere.

It's sad that Elwes, the actor who was BORN to play Robin Hood, got stuck playing him in a parody film when they should have went after him for a serious version.

Don't get me wrong, I love RH: Men in Tights. But can you just imagine how amazing Prince of Thieves would have been with Cary Elwes going up against Alan Rickman's Sheriff?

I am thinking that Gordon scenes will be flashbacks and I bet they did this because they know fans/non-fans will flock to see it now.

Im pretty sure its been confirmed that hes actually back and not just in flashbacks

Im pretty sure its been confirmed that hes actually back and not just in flashbacks

Well if it's confirmed that Gordon is actually back then that's great news.

My co-worker believes that they pulled an Eric Matthews and either have Gordon as an unwilling accomplice or held prisoner as part of another test.

Thanks for spoiling it for me, a**hole!

Hey, where's the love for Saw V? I liked it better than IV or VI. Plus it had Megan Good in it, and that was enough for me.

Though I agree with the poster that said Costas can't carry the series. When he took the reins in IV I almost gave up on the franchise, but later caught V and VI, and I'm willing to close it out with VII, which should be the final one correct?

I think V and VI removed my total disdain for Costas's character, I still don't find him all that compelling, or interesting enough to want to watch without some flashbacks to the original Jigsaw thrown in there.

"Battle for Jigsaw's Brutal Legacy." My guess is that Gordon is part of the survivor group (probably the head of it) but he ultimately leads them into the trap as he is trying to claim Jigsaw's legacy for himself.

I thought IV was great. The twist at the end with it all taking place concurrently with Saw III was a stroke of genius in my book. V I didnt care much for and kinda made me a little apathetic about VI but then VI blew me away. The only part in V that gave me chills like the other movies was the scene with John and Hoffman. That whole scene was put together great "Murder is distasteful!!..... To me" Love the way Tobin delivered that line

Anyone believe they should've kept this secret? I think Lionsgate made a mistake by confirming Cary's involvement instead of having it as a surprise.

"Battle for Jigsaw's Brutal Legacy." My guess is that Gordon is part of the survivor group (probably the head of it) but he ultimately leads them into the trap as he is trying to claim Jigsaw's legacy for himself.

So who else would be part of that survivor group other than him?

I guess they had to give something to the fans from stop seeing PA2 and then instead. Well, atleast opening weekend.

Anyone believe they should've kept this secret? I think Lionsgate made a mistake by confirming Cary's involvement instead of having it as a surprise.
With the internet nothing can be kept secret nowadays.

I guess they had to give something to the fans from stop seeing PA2 and then instead. Well, atleast opening weekend.

Does PA2 even have a director? I haven't heard anything about this.

@Mace- While that is true, remember how they managed to keep Donnie Wahlberg's appearance in Saw 3 a secret? I think Cary's involvement should've been a surprise.

Does PA2 even have a director? I haven't heard anything about this.

@Mace- While that is true, remember how they managed to keep Donnie Wahlberg's appearance in Saw 3 a secret? I think Cary's involvement should've been a surprise.
Actually yeah, but he's a no name director who's a nobody.

I don't think they've even started to shoot yet, even though Saw 7 is done. I doubt it even comes out this year and if it does, it'll be later on. PA 2 I mean. PA was a fluke and all hype, but failed to live up to what it was suppose to be.

Even though I do like the Saw movies, I'm still skeptical about this one because I loathe 3D in movies.

The twist at the end with it all taking place concurrently with was a stroke of genius in my book.

That was the worst part of the movie. Actually, I take that back. They were stupid enought to kill off THREE main characters in the same movie! If anything was brilliant, it was Hoffman's reveal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"