Dreamland Comics

Scarletspiderman

Civilian
Reaction score
These guys are really starting to annoy me. I have subscriptions with Dreamland and I have yet to get my april comics. Alot of times when I call them up I really don't get any useful information from them.

Has anyone else been having problems with Dreamland Comics? :mad:

I'm seriously thinking about moving my subscriptions to a different comic site.

Any thoughts?

Well I placed an order I wanted to cancel, and they said they don't cancel orders...be nice if they said that somewhere on th' site.

I also contacted them about them sendin' me two of 1 issue instead of an issue I ordered, but have yet to get a response.

I just had a problem with them, too. I ordered a couple of TPBs and their site said my order was unbilled for longer than usual, in my experience ordering online, but when I checked my credit card statement there was a charge to Dreamland. I asked about it and they said they'd look into it. Two weeks later, same deal. I asked what was going on again and I got no response. Pretty crappy service, as far as I'm concerned. I'll probably go back to Mile High and wait for their sales and stuff.

Lackey said:
I've used www.mycomicshop.com a few times and have never had a problem with them.

www.westfieldcomics.com is another one you might want to look into, but I've never personally ordered from them.

Neither of those sites has a subscription service. Well mycomicshop has one but not really. With their system you have to manually preorder comics every month.

I have recommended this company before to everyone for ordering but due to recent events I can no longer endorse them. I was ordering about $100 in comics a month from them since October or November of last year and had minor problems throughout. Nothing major, but I would have to go to a comic shop 60 miles away and fill in some gaps every month. It was difficult to get anyone on the phone when I called and when I did get them on the phone or e-mailed them the problems were not fixed.

The most recent event involves my credit card being charged over 2 weeks ago and me never receiving my books. I never received an invoice like they normally send and I never received a tracking number. I tried to call them for 2 days about 5 or 6 times and only got voice mail. They never returned my call, so I had to contact them by e-mail.

Here is my e-mail....

"Alright, I am beyond irritated with you guys. I have left messages for the last 2 days on your voicemail and have yet to get a response. My credit card was charged exactly 2 weeks ago for an order I have yet to receive. I have not even received a tracking number or an invoice, and yet I have been billed. See my problem? If I don't hear back from you by 4:00 pm today, my credit card company is going to see my problem and will most likely be contacting you and then you will see my problem more clearly.

I'm sorry to be writing in such a threatening manner, but I have tried to contact you by phone and you have had more than enough time to respond back and more than enough time for my order to be in my hands.

I'm also tired of the "we're growing" excuses. Not my problem. If you can't handle the business, get out of it."

Here is the response from them....

"Keith, we are in the middle of moving our warehouse,
we can't access the phone it is packed in a truck.I
will find out what happened to your order but I do not
appreciate the threats and the condesending comments
of "get out of the business".I do everything I can to
satisfy customers but who the **** do you think your
talking to? If you talked to me like that in person
you would be lying on the ground.I will refund any
charge to your credit card ,cancel any outstanding
orders and go ****ing buy somewhere else ass-monkey.
Rich/dreamlandcomics.com"

Here is my response to them....

"First of all I don't appreciate having to come at you in a threatening manner to get a response from you. If you'll go back and read my e-mail you'll notice I apologized for having to be that way, but phoning you was getting no where. How was I to know you don't have access to a phone. Not having a phone? Just another in the list of excuses I have heard from your company.

And as far as who I think I'm talking to? I thought I was talking to an adult, but it sounds like I'm talking to someone in middle school with the kind of language and manners you are using. I tried in good faith to contact you this week and got no response. What else was I to do? You backed me in a corner, but you want to play the blame game and not take responsibility for poor service. That's fine.

If this had been the first time I had problems with my order it wouldn't be a big deal, but every month it is something. The invoice never matches the books I actually receive. I never get all of the books I order, I never get a Previews that I was promised originally, my credit card is billed way ahead of the shipment.

Thank you, but I will be taking my business elsewhere. If you do find my books, kindly refund my card. If you have a tracking number please forward it and I will track them on my end and if I do receive them by all means bill my card. I'm not looking for a freebie by any means, but I do expect good service when I pay for it. Please cancel any future orders I may have with you effective immediately."

I will seek my comics from another source. Probably PopularComics.com. I have a friend that is ordering from there and is satisfied with their service.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Good luck to you if you are currently dealing with them.

Ya know, why th' hell do all th' complaints come 3 weeks after I made an order with them?

WOLVERINE25TH said:
Ya know, why th' hell do all th' complaints come 3 weeks after I made an order with them?

Have you heard of other complaints?

When I would order just from the store I didn't have a problem.

But the subscription service has just gotten out of control. I don't know how many times I have heard "We're moving our warehouse because we have outgrown it." I'm glad for them that they are growing, but good grief you have to keep up with your customer service. There's no excuse.

I think Mile High has subscriptions. I dunno, I still go to my shop.

You and all your ilk owe twy's links an apology. They're very upset. :(

I use Midtown comics. It's not as much of a discount as you would get at Dreamland, but at least your stuff ships on time. I've never had any big problems with them at all.

www.midtowncomics.com

You need at least fifteen books to subscribe though, so, I hope you're reading more than just Spider-Man and X-Men or something.

Anubis said:
I use Midtown comics. It's not as much of a discount as you would get at Dreamland, but at least your stuff ships on time. I've never had any big problems with them at all.

www.midtowncomics.com

You need at least fifteen books to subscribe though, so, I hope you're reading more than just Spider-Man and X-Men or something.

Actually their minimum is 10, but that's still too much for me. I have 6 subs with Dreamland atm. (and I already spend a fortune on Spidey books :p )

I have to say, I'm not thrilled with my first experience with Dreamland, either. I finally ordered some trade paperbacks I'd been wanting (getting into Exiles! Yay!) from them a week ago... it still says "In Process" and "Unbilled."

By comparison, the stack of comics I won off eBay, which I had expected to come later, came in the mail two days ago.

It's not shamefully late yet-- but it is taking long enough that I was thinking of canceling the order and getting my comics elsewhere, only thanks to this thread I find out they don't cancel orders...

I'll give 'em more of a shot before I get riled, but I am not amused so far. :(

I'm real sorry guys. I've been recommending Dreamland for some time now, because I never had a problem. I think I heard they're shifting their warehouse or somesuch, and that's causing headaches for all of you

Elijya said:
I'm real sorry guys. I've been recommending Dreamland for some time now, because I never had a problem. I think I heard they're shifting their warehouse or somesuch, and that's causing headaches for all of you

That must be a huge warehouse, because they've been using that excuse to me since last summer. I think they just need to get their act together. It's cost them a good customer over this nonsense.

Again, where was all of this before I tried them out? Dang it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"