Daredevil Drew Goddard Leaves DAREDEVIL?!

I just flat out don't see how that project is even gonna work. How do you make villains protaganists that the audience is gonna give a rat's ass about? I'm glad I'm not responsible for trying to put that POS together.

That's the thing though. Are they gonna be presented as heroes? I know some of the most interesting things about bad guys is that a simple change in viewpoint can make them seem relatable, but is that how we're gonna see this? From their point of view where they're in the right?

Ummmm, have you ever seen a gangster movie or a heist movie before? Making amoral criminals the protagonists isn't a new thing in movies. They're probably going for a toned down Reservoir Dogs with super science and colorful outfits.

I submit Reggie Hudlin to direct some episodes of DD. Also Lexi Alexander.

Ugh, no Hudlin. Keep Hudlin as far away from the MCU as possible. The last thing we need is Captain "Wakandan Hypocrisy".

This seems like a bad move on Goddard's part. S6 is going to be the biggest failure in B.O. history.

About the only villain anyone would want to see a solo movie about would be Joker. No one wants to see the S6 outside of Spider-man.

Having said that, I really take this stuff in stride. I know everyone likes to panic and throw stones at Marvel Studios, but the characters are way more important to me than any individual.

This seems like a bad move on Goddard's part. S6 is going to be the biggest failure in B.O. history.

Oh come on. :whatever:

About the only villain anyone would want to see a solo movie about would be Joker. No one wants to see the S6 outside of Spider-man.

You're thinking like a fanboy, not like a studio exec or a member of the general audience. A lot of movies don't have a pre existing fan base because they're not an adaptation of anything. Audiences still get sold on the premise. The GA doesn't need to have a pre existing desire to see a movie about these specific characters, they simply need to get sold on the premise of a heist and/or gangster movie about comic book super villains.

******** here is unreal. Just because someone leaves the project, doesn't make it ok to bash it without knowing zero about it.

I wonder if Goddard could still direct an episode or if he's off directing duty completely.

Ummmm, have you ever seen a gangster movie or a heist movie before? Making amoral criminals the protagonists isn't a new thing in movies. They're probably going for a toned down Reservoir Dogs with super science and colorful outfits.

We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Ugh, no Hudlin. Keep Hudlin as far away from the MCU as possible. The last thing we need is Captain "Wakandan Hypocrisy".

cmo5.jpg

Nothing is confirmed or anything, but its highly suspected that Drew Goddard will be working on a Marvel property some time in the future. Whether its Spider-Man, or if they get him running Iron Fist, or Defenders. I'm hopeful that Drew Goddard will get to contribute more to the Marvel universe.

I hope the series is able to maintain its momentum because I noticed a lot of Goddard in the first few eps and major character moments and a lot of deknight in the last episode (slow mo, extra violence)

I hope the series is able to maintain its momentum because I noticed a lot of Goddard in the first few eps and major character moments and a lot of deknight in the last episode (slow mo, extra violence)
DeKnight was on the show before it started filming so the line begins to blur as to who was responsible for what. He over saw all the scripts before they went out and all of post-production. Deknight said Goddard had a lot of stuff mapped out already and there was already a writers room tho.

Goddard was actually at the premiere. https://twitter.com/stevendeknight/status/589118612511690753

So maybe Devin Faraci's story about Goddard leaving on bad terms with Jeph Loeb was BS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"