Lauren Shuler Donner Speaks

narrows101 said:
I still believe the last of the TRILOGY remarks. I think there will be more and they may be done in bunches of threes - sort of like Star Wars.

I agree. I think this closes the chapter for THIS trilogy that has been building up but I would never write off further films. THIS IS HOLLYWOOD. They love money. No matter how you swing it they have an easy money maker with this franchise. I don't see why they wouldn't do more.

Anthony05 said:
I agree. I think this closes the chapter for THIS trilogy that has been building up but I would never write off further films. THIS IS HOLLYWOOD. They love money. No matter how you swing it they have an easy money maker with this franchise. I don't see why they wouldn't do more.

In the Premiere magazine article, Hugh Jackman stated that he was in the office of a very high up at Fox, and that person said that this is the end of the X-Men franchise as we know it.

Meaning, the Wolverine spinoff, and perhaps a Magneto spinoff or something, but that's it.

As much of an X-Men fan as I am, the series needs to end at 3 if it's to keep any kind of credibility.

These movies are telling a bigger story than any one movie, and when telling a story, there is a method to it. An introduction, a rise in action, a climax, and the resolution. X-Men was the introduction, X2 was in the rise in action, and X-Men 3 will be the climax and resolution.

You can't add to a story once it's concluded.

And it wouldn't be very effective to go from huge building conflict against Magneto and his Brotherhood, and his ideals, with a serious real life message behind that, and then just all of a sudden go to some new guy who poses a threat, and the X-Men have to beat him. I don't want these movies to become "this year's X-Men adventure"... I don't want to see recasts, and I don't want to see X-Men movies without the important X-Men like Jean Grey, Cyclops, Xavier, Wolverine, Storm, etc... and have a core of Kitty Pryde, Iceman, and Rogue, even if it does mean that Gambit will be introduced.

These movies aren't the comics, they can't go on forever and tell every story of the 'X-Men' mythos. They have to end sometime, so what better way to end it than on top, after you've told an amazing overall story, and included many great subplots like Weapon X, Phoenix Saga, The Cure, and God Loves, Man Kills?

Don't get me wrong. I understand that there are other stories in the lore to work with. And I understand there are other characters to introduce. Getting what I'm asking for would mean I'd never see my FAVORITE CHARACTER OF ALL TIME on the big screen. But I feel the movies, as a whole, in the grander scheme of things, will be better off in the long run with a great trilogy where every movie ties into each other, than to keep it going just because of it's name and money-making power, just because there's more characters to introduce and stories to tell. Quite frankly, those other stories aren't the stories for the movies.

And I really find it ironic also...

Everyone around here is *****ing about the "rush" job that this movie is, the runtime, and the "hacks" that are Ratner, Kinberg, and Penn... saying that this movie is going to suffer in quality so that the studio can put out a short movie, get a lot of shows per day in, to make a quick buck...

Yet they want even MORE movies, under the justification that "as long as these movies make money..."

You people are *****ing about the quality of THIS movie, talking about everything wrong with it, that it's just a studio politics driven film to rake in the cash, but you think that the studio is only going to get MORE artistically inclined with these movies, after the big story of the trilogy has already been told, brought to a climax, and the issues resolved, and there's nothing left to tell in terms of the stories for the movies?

That's really funny.

For the purposes of good storytelling, there should NOT be an X-Men 4 or beyond. And if there are anymore 'X-Men' movies, I don't want to hear a single whine or moan from anyone on these forums, because you all asked for it, and used the whole "studio can make money off these movies" arguement as justification...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"