Comics Eric Larsen on OMD/BND

Sort of reminds me of Bob Kane. I heard that he praised each and every Batman film as his character come to life.

He did. However i heard he was a little taken aback when he saw Robin with an ear ring...:yay:

Very typical of men from his heyday. Did you know he and Stan were very good friends? They used to take their ladies out to dinner together.

I agree with Larsen's method on dealing with the marriage. A divorce would've been reasonable. You could have them divorce, MJ could move to L.A. or something and they both could just move on with their lives.
Divorce has a stigma. I know it happens to good people and there are innocent parties... but it has too many negatives. And it's not something you want associated with "Mr. Responsibility."

Of course, neither is making deals with the devil (HELLO!)... but there is really NO GOOD WAY to break up a marriage between two people that love each other. It's quite SICK that they were willing to move heaven and hell to do it.

No matter which path they took to make Peter FOREVER single would have been a deal-killer for me.

And hey, it doesn't necessarily have to be the end for them. Somewhere down the line, they could eventually get back together realizing that they truly do love each other.
Ha. Actually, JMS did this already and very well, IMO. In fact, it was this story that got me hooked on the comics.

After SM2, I picked up the first few graphic novels of JMS' run for my niece and nephew. The nephew would rather play video games, and the niece was a little young to get it, but me... I was TOTALLY hooked.

I also read ASM from the VERY beginning and enjoyed it too. But while I loved reading about how the characters arrived at the then status quo, I did it because I LIKED where he was... MARRIED to MJ.

Frankly, if I had known something this STUPID was even a possibility, I would have never bothered.

Now... I have a dozen or more large Rubbermaid containers that are packed with Spider-man merchandise, headed for the attic. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"