Drwcomics art thread

drwcomics

1st lieutenant of lurking
Reaction score
Hey there, been coming to this site for a very long time, but haven't posted anything in a very long while. Thought I'd share my some of my stuff with you guys!

I did this one for a "Fanart Friday" event held by a superhero redesign website called project rooftop: http://www.tencentticker.com/projectrooftop/2012/07/05/fan-art-friday-captain-america/

captain_america_costume_redesign_by_drwcomics-d568w3e.png

dcau_new_52___wonder_woman_by_drwcomics-d55wqny.jpg

flashpoint__the_animated_series___batman_by_drwcomics-d55wrhu.jpg

Okay, so this next one: I read on the interwebs a little while back that the next "DC Animated Movie" was going to be based on the "Flashpoint" mini-series that DC Comics put out last year. That's when I got the idea to do a series of "Flashpoint: The Animated Series" designs. In my head, this would be done as a new season of Justice League: Unlimted, and would pave the way for JLU to be retconed to better fit with DC Comics current reeboot/new52/whateveryouwannacallit continuity. The drawing below is a WIP that is slowly but surely coming along.

flashpoint_the_animated_series__bat_men_wip_color_by_drwcomics-d59r5sp.jpg

During Flashpoint, one of the Flash's enemies altered history to the point of leaving the DCU virtually unrecognizable. One of the alterations: Bruce Wayne was killed as a child in the alleyway instead of his parents. This drove his father, Dr. Thomas Wayne, down a path that led him to become a violent (and at times, murderous) version of Batman. This scene never happened in the Flashpoint comics, but Dr. Thomas Wayne was a very different sort of "Batman" than his son, and it would have been interesting to see the two play off of each other. My original pencils for this piece are here: http://drwcomics.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d55wzp6

Last edited:
Original Pencils for my Batman Hype Fanart entry:

batmanguysnightoutpenci.jpg

Did a few "five years later," designs on some DC Comics characters. This one is my take on a 14/15 year old Damian Wayne.

damian_wayne__five_years_later_by_drwcomics-d571yh3.jpg

Another "five years later" design - Superboy. I dubbed grown-up Superboy "Ultraman."
superboy___dc_new_52__five_years_later_by_drwcomics-d59qzy1.jpg

Superman, wearing the "Man of Steel" movie costume:

man_of_steel_by_drwcomics-d5a39ri.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"