DTL Season 4-Week 4 (Set 3)

wiegeabo

Omniposcient
Reaction score
The rules:
This is one of four threads, each containing two match ups.
The threads will be in use for 6 days.
Days 1-4 (Thursday-Sunday) are strictly setup time for owners to plead their cases, tell us their team’s strategies, breakdown the match ups, and do whatever else they can/want to do to try and convince you that their team would pull out a victory. Please, let the owners do this on their own with no help from you, the fan.

When Day 5 (Monday) rolls around, I’ll post and tell everyone that voting may begin. Only after doing so will voting start. Any votes cast before I open voting will not count.
To vote, look over the matchups and read the owners strategies and take them into consideration. Afterwards, use your best judgment to decide who you think has the best chance to win the match up and post up the teams you think will prevail.
(Note: The length of a writeup is up to the owner. Do not punish owners just for having a shorter writeup.)

To vote, give each writeup a score out of 10, with the team you feel winning the match earning the higher score. No tie votes are allowed, one team must get a higher score, even if only by a single vote.

Remember, to vote for each match up or your vote will not count!

The teams with the highest vote total at the end of the 6th day (Tuesday) will get a W while the other will get an L.

The battleground for this week is: Cable's island paradise of Providence

Guyver's Goons
Chunk (DR)
Zeitgeist (MR)
Shadowoman (MR)
The Ray (DR)
Batman (Azrael) (KnightsEnd) (DR)

VS.

Funky Fresh
Spider-Man 2099 (eXiles)
Little Boy Blue (Homelands)
Batman (1 Million)
The Ghost
Brainiac 5

The Atomic Punks
Karate Kid (Pre-Zero Hour) (DR)
Angle Man (DR)
Spider-Man 2099 (MR)
Kiden (MR)
Red Hood (Jason Todd) (DR)

VS.

Simple Kind Of Lovelies
Nemesis (DR)
Engineer (DR)
Deadpool (MR)
Will O' the Wisp (MR)
Vampire Batman (DR)

Seriously Wieg, why am I always in the 3rd set? Is this my little cage now?

Yep, that's me. Always keepin' the Romanian women down. :D

Don't worry. Next week you move to set 2. And then...

...set 1!

Don't make promises you can't keep, comissioner boy. :mad:

:)

I don't know what kind of sexual games you usually play (and I don't want to know) but the object of the game is the removal of any obstacles between partners, not adding more.
:)

Hmmm

I can see Chunk teleporting people to distant places
Shadow woman and Zeitgeist causing all sports of problems in general

The ghost will be a pain but his power comes from tech, in a fight with Zeitgeist he's going to lose eventually

The Rays energy powers should come in handy as well:o

Got an exam tomorow morning. After I come home I promise I'll start working on a write-up!

Voting may now begin....

Simple kind of lovelies

Prep Time

Deadpool: Ok. Who is this Nosferatu reject and how did he get in here!?
Batman: I am not Nosferatu. I am the Vengeance. I am the Night. I am… Nemesis, what pretty veins you have.
Nemesis: Where’s my stake?
Deadpool: Steak? I’ll have mine medium rare thank you.
Nemesis: Not steak as in meal, stake as in… ah, never mind. Keeper said that the count is only here this week. We don’t have to worry about him after that.
Deadpool: Great. Hey Bats. Want a bloody mary?
Batman: Of course. Where is she?
Deadpool *rolls eyes*: Who knew vampires were such comedians. Here we go. Now, about these punks. Let me just say, how many Spidermen are in this thing!? I thought we just killed him last week.
Will: Maybe it is some kind of a clone.
Deadpool: Spiderman? Clone? That’s original.
Engineer: Regardless, we still have a pretty good idea who he is and what he can do. Unlike some of his other team mates.
Deadpool: You mean Karate kid? I doubt he’s got lazer beams coming out of his eyes with that name, toots. He’s obviously a scrapper.
Engineer: Kiden we know. There are files on her in Cable’s computers. Angle Man… The Red Hood… aka Jason Todd.
Batman: Jason! He’s alive?
Engineer: You know him?
Batman: Know him? I raised him… put him through school. Taught him how to tie his own neck tie. How to snap a man’s neck with one hand. All the things a little boy should know.
Nemesis: Is he any good?
Batman: When I raised him he had a balanced diet, worked out regularly. I suspect he’s delicious.
Nemesis: Sorry I asked. . I’ll take him. He may be a good fighter but he won’t know me, or any of my tricks.
Engineer: Will, you can go intangible. No matter how good of a fighter this Karate Kid might be. He can’t hit dissipated molecules. He’s your responsibility.
Will o the Wisp: Understood.
Engineer: I’ll handle Kiden and Angle Man. Since we won’t be leaving this island this time, I can hack into the systems. This whole place will be our 6th player. Kiden and Angle Man shouldn’t be engaged. Just let them get a sense of security and I’ll use the Islands’s security systems against them.
Deadpool: What about Spiderman?
Engineer: Batman will take care of him.
Batman: Oh. Arachnids. Hello crunchy goodness.
Deadpool:Brilliant plan Angie. Only one little problem.
Engineer: You don’t get to do anything.
Deadpool: That’s right!
Engineer: Wrong. This is your crib Wade. You get to do the clean-up.
Deadpool: I hate you guys.

Battle

- Val! Jason Todd screamed as he dodged a blow coming from Nemesis, What are you doing? Are you gay or something? Why are you staring at that guy's chest!?
- I don't know, Karate Kid tried to shout back, but found that he was mesmerised by the glowing symbol on Will O' The Wisp chest.
-Don't listen to him, Wisp murmured. You don't wanna fight me. Now hold your breath for as long as you can.
- Ok.
- That takes care of that. Charis, need any help?
Nemesis's force field smashed Red Hood into the wall. She leaped above him and jabbed him over the face.
- Nah *punch* I'm *punch* good. *punch*.
She left the young vicious man uncouncious on the floor, and headed to her teammate.
- Have you noticed anything? the man asked waving his hand.
The room they were standing in was decorated very... enthusiastically. With posters of the Olsen Twins and Bea Arthur. Due to the fighting, the furniture had been ripped apart but you could still tell...
- This is Wade's room, Nemesis said.
- Indeed. We ruined Deadpool's room in our skirmish. Brings an odd sense of joy to my heart. Hey, what is this? He wondered leaning down and picking up a note book.
- What?
- It appears to be... Wade's diary. "Wade Wilson's diary. Do not read unless you're Charlize Theron and you want to get inside my big head. I have two of those by the way."
- Put that back.
- Why?
- Because it's personal. We can't... Nemesis was interrupted by the sound of flipping pages. Are you listening to me? We can't read that!
- Oh yes we can. And we should. Like for instance this 30 page poem, an ode to the mole on your posterior.
- What!? How does Deadpool know I have a mole on my... GIMME THAT!!!

- Uhm, guys. Where are you? Kiden called out. After we got here everything went dark... I... I'm getting a little freaked out here. She stumbled in the darkness, following the side of the wall. She felt some kind of control panel and pushed on some buttons blindly. The doors slided open and light flooded her eyes, making them sting slightly. Inside the room was brand new Xbox, attached to a home studio system, complete mountain dew and bags upon bags of cornchips. Engineer carefully watched the girl from her headquarters, ready to spring the killer robots just in case the teenager didn't take the bait. Kiden walked inside mesmerised. She heard the door sliding closed behind her and heard a click.
"I'm probably locked inside, she thought. Ah well... Time to play some Frogger!"

Angle Man cautiously treaded through one of the many passageways on Providence. He had been separated from his teammates for quite some time. He passed by a mirror and stopped to gaze at himself. He noticed he was looking particularly good that day.
"What do you know, he thought that South Beach thing actually works. VH1 was right for once."
He waggled his eyebrows. Pouted his lips. All the things a sexy stud does when he's checking himself out in the mirror.
- I'm a sexy beast, he growled.
- No you're not, his reflection answered back and pulled a gun on him. The glass screen erupted as a blast of energy went through and hit Angle Man in the face. Deadpool exited from the room on the other side of the wall to look at his hand work.
- Stay behind and watch my warty butt! he mumbled.

Spiderman and Batman really get into it. Trading blow for blow. Blood gushing out their noses, each one looking like Sylvester Stallone at the end of the first Rocky only without the little nerdy chick to come up and hug them. In an attempt to subdue the dark knight, Miguel bites into his hand hoping that the poison will knock him out instead, Miguel retreats feeling something is... not quite right.
- What's happening? he asks crouching down in pain.
- You are becoming a vampire.
- Nah, I'm already half spider! I got my animal motif.
- Sucks to be you, literally. If it's any consolation, Batman said wrapping his cloak around him, you won't be a vampire for long. Engineer, lights please.
The room was flooded with UV light. Spiderman turned ro ashes, as the skin that was showing through the rips in his costume quickly absorbed the concentrated light and then incinerated.

30 minutes later

Deadpool: Eat up fellas.
Nemesis: I can't believe Wade invited us to a barbecue.
Will: Yes *chewing*. But these are exceptionally good hamburgers.
DeadpooL: Here ya go Bats, nice and bloody. Just for you.
Engineer: Wade. This hamburgers are delicious.
Deadpool: The secret is in the grilling babe. And the ashes.
Everybody (except Batman): The ashes? What ashes?
Deadpool: How do you like the word bug burger? Has a certain ring to it, doesn't it?
Everybody: (spitting out their food) BLEAGH!
Batman: Do you mind!? Some of us are trying to eat here!!

The end.

Tough match up this week, but that works both ways.

Chunk would be priority number one to take out after knowing how dangerous his power is from week 1. Blue would take care of that. With his invisibility, teleportation, and polymorphing powers he'd be able to get close enough to lop off his head.

Out of all of them, Zeitgeist would be the toughest challenge. Thanks to the Crystal Palace, they'd be able to find out the exact dimension he's from. With a genius like Brainiac's and the dimensional hopping tech from the Palace and the general tech from three different time peroids (21st, 31st, and 853rd centuries), I'm sure he'd be able to rig something up to allow one man to go to his home dimension and stop him there.

Batman 1 Mil would take out Azrael. He's a much better martial artist and has better tech at his disposal.

Some of my guys would definitely go down as this would be a tough fight, but I can see one or two being the last one's standing in the end.

Set #3
Guyver’s Goons: 4
VS
Funky Fresh: 5

The Atomic Punks: 0
VS
Simple Kind of Lovelies: 7

Guyver’s Goons: 2
Funky Fresh: 5

Simple Kind of Lovelies: 7
The Atomic Punks: 0

Guyver's Goons 2
Funky Fresh 4

Johnny Blaze said:
Tough match up this week, but that works both ways.

Chunk would be priority number one to take out after knowing how dangerous his power is from week 1. Blue would take care of that. With his invisibility, teleportation, and polymorphing powers he'd be able to get close enough to lop off his head.

Out of all of them, Zeitgeist would be the toughest challenge. Thanks to the Crystal Palace, they'd be able to find out the exact dimension he's from. With a genius like Brainiac's and the dimensional hopping tech from the Palace and the general tech from three different time peroids (21st, 31st, and 853rd centuries), I'm sure he'd be able to rig something up to allow one man to go to his home dimension and stop him there.

Batman 1 Mil would take out Azrael. He's a much better martial artist and has better tech at his disposal.

Some of my guys would definitely go down as this would be a tough fight, but I can see one or two being the last one's standing in the end.

Bah what about Shadowoman and The Ray?

Plus Teleporting to another dimension is leaving the battlefield to fight my character. You leave the battlefield for an extended period (and you'd have to because even physical Zeitgiest is a trained mercenary) and that character has lost automatically imo. Not to mention the fact thats you really are just assuming he materialises from another dimension, its never stated. PLUS for all you know going to Zeitgeist "dimension" could literally be the size of his body allowing noone else in. Hell its a Dimension so its probably the size of a universe. Its not like you travel to his dimension and he'll be standing there in front of your character with a "kill me " sign attached to his forehead. You'll have to search a universe, at the very least a planet. By then reinforcements could arrive or he could escape. I could give Zeitgeist the shadowkey and he could easily escape from dimension to dimension for4 example. Not only that but all he'd need to do his call Chunk and in an instant he's teleport there and ******** any intruder.

Bah technically Chunk could just teleport the entire battlefield away in about 2 seconds:o

Anyway as I said The Ray and Shadowoman would obviously take some beating

My votes are
Guyver's Goons 3
Funky Fresh 2

The Atomic Punks 1
Simple Kind of Lovlies 7

Final scores are:
Guyver's Goons 11
Funky Fresh 16

The Atomic Punks 1
Simple Kind of Lovelies 21

Users who are viewing this thread