DTL Season 4-Week 4 (Set 4)

wiegeabo

Omniposcient
Reaction score
The rules:
This is one of four threads, each containing two match ups.
The threads will be in use for 6 days.
Days 1-4 (Thursday-Sunday) are strictly setup time for owners to plead their cases, tell us their team’s strategies, breakdown the match ups, and do whatever else they can/want to do to try and convince you that their team would pull out a victory. Please, let the owners do this on their own with no help from you, the fan.

When Day 5 (Monday) rolls around, I’ll post and tell everyone that voting may begin. Only after doing so will voting start. Any votes cast before I open voting will not count.
To vote, look over the matchups and read the owners strategies and take them into consideration. Afterwards, use your best judgment to decide who you think has the best chance to win the match up and post up the teams you think will prevail.
(Note: The length of a writeup is up to the owner. Do not punish owners just for having a shorter writeup.)

To vote, give each writeup a score out of 10, with the team you feel winning the match earning the higher score. No tie votes are allowed, one team must get a higher score, even if only by a single vote.

Remember, to vote for each match up or your vote will not count!

The teams with the highest vote total at the end of the 6th day (Tuesday) will get a W while the other will get an L.

The battleground for this week is: Cable's island paradise of Providence

Claws of Veeshan
Aztek (DR)
Zauriel (DR)
Carnage (MR)
Shadowcat (MR)
Killer Frost (DR)

VS.

The Collective POWdER of the Superegos
Ghost Rider (MR)
The Ray (DR)
Prometheus (DR)
Taskmaster (MR)
Morph (MR)

Tea Baggers
Death Wolverine (MR)
Amazing Man II (DR)
Fantomex (MR)
Adolf Hitler (Spear of Destiny) (DR)
Namorita (MR)

VS.

Devastating Silence
Thunder (DR)
Northstar (AoH) (MR)
Blink (MR)
Plastic Man (DR)
Tap (DR)

Pre-battle​

Tea Baggers
Death Wolverine (MR)
Amazing Man II (DR)
Fantomex (MR)
Namorita (MR)

Vs.

Devastating Silence
Tap (DR)
Blink (MR)
Thunder (DR)
Plastic Man (DR)
Northstar (AoH) (MR)

Thunder: where is this and wh-

Some teams are led by 'Gods'. Some teams are lead by Men. But no matter what team it is, thier all led by thought... Thunder pauses under the flow of information that she is recieving.... This 'Awareness' is something that saves a whole lot of prep-time... What does this 'Awareness' do? Simply put it, gives each character information about everyother character on the team....

Watching Thunder come back to reality, Blink: Yea, we all get that moment. It only lasts a while if you don't know anyone.

NorthStar: It-

Thunder: Yes I know what its called and what it does... Thats why I just knew what you was going to say...

Captain Marvel: If you all would look around, you would notice that none of you have high ranked powers.​

Thunder: Who the )(*& are you?! And why are you the only one I don't know about?!

Tap: I wouldn't smart of to'm. He let one guy get killed by Doomsday... Just because.

Captain Marvel: Wheres all that info at Miss Blink? And thee only other information hook-up around here, Thunder?​

Blink: All of the Marvel guys seem to be of the 616 descent, so it was alittle easier this time...

Death Wolverine. Well, Wolverine from the X-Men, but a HorseMan for Apocolyps. Here, it says he has invisibility and a sword that eletricutes, extra..
Fantomex is alittle less known, but is telepathically immune with his helm on, amazing hand-to-hand and has an exterrior nervous system that is also a UFO.
And Namorita is just Namor, but female...

Thunder: AmazingMan:

Well, the night goes on. What can I say? Prep time really isn't my thing unless Forge is here.

Battle​

Tea Baggers
Death Wolverine (MR)
Amazing Man II (DR)
Fantomex (MR)
Namorita (MR)

Vs.

Devastating Silence
Tap (DR)
Blink (MR)
Thunder (DR)
Plastic Man (DR)
Northstar (AoH) (MR)

(From out of no where Amazing Man II has been considered a middlewieght and has vanished from the playing field)

This week, Both Teams arrive by air craft. Watching each other get lowwered to the ground... The Rules were. No attacking until you hit the ground... Or you dead., Period..
.. Lets listen in on the teams as they are lowwered from the sky, slowly... .. . Tea Baggers:

Death: I'm travelin on foot to sniff'm out and tell ya where they are. NorthStar, Thunder and Blink are the main objectives. I'll take Plastic Man and Tap..... O. An won thing.. Hitlers in charge...

Namorita: Nody will know what the retch says.., How is he to be leader?

Death: Once he gets yellin... You'll understand'm.(Wolverine smirts and walks off)

... As they hit the ground they jump into Eva and fly through the city at street level so to keep thier planned behind the back attack on track.

(Both teams hit the ground)

FantomeX: You Herd wut ze man siad... Lez go.., Eva, Lets fly..

Devistating Silence:

NorthStar: Wolverine is going to be on his own., Thunder. Your with me. Blink, Tap and Plastic Man. Have a tour of Providence... The most Peaceful Organized Paradise on the Planet.

Thunder: Was that an advertisement?...

The two fly off, leaving Blink, PlasticMan and Tap to themselves...

Walking... And Whistling, PlasticMan: ...

NorthStar and Thunder Vs. Death (Wolverine)

Some time later.., NorthStar: Wolverine!.. Wolverine! I know your out there...

On NSs back, Thunder: How do you know hes out there?

NorthStar: Easy.. You see this divice? Hydra has made this divice specifically for Logan.

Thunder: Talk about being wanted.

From below, Death: Thats right girl.., Now get down here and get killed!

NorthStar: Toss your sword.. Even I'm not arrogant enough to take you while your invisible..

Thinking for a moment, :

End​

AnnoyingSilence said:
I dropped Norstar for Dr. Doom and temp picked up thunder (DR) (F)

(and you do know that the spear puts all meta/supers under the wielders command right?)

(so, battle over(everyweek for him). he has the spear... spear takes over team(not a short distance thing... took control over Jay G. from... MILES away)... team kills themselves...)

Pre-battle​
- Doc Doom is uber.
- The Spear worked with the whole Axis terroritory thing. Now it's just a really cool and corrupting weapon, or at least I assume we play it like that.

Oh, like that. It wasn't awfully clear AS. I'm pretty sure the version we're using of the Spear is the one we saw later on in the Ostrander-Spectre version. Corrupting and with a load of magic potential. As it was used in WW II it summoned a mini version of Ragnarok and mind-controlled people. Ragnarok-summoning isn't allowed and the mind-control thing was Axis-territory only if I recall. Don't go off on my word though, just wait for Wieg says.

I only let the spear in with the understanding that it wouldn't take control of all the characters. It can corrupt a character using it (I assume to make them do Adolph's wishes), but they'd actually have to use it the Spear.

If he does anything tuber with it, just call him on it after the battle and try to get the vote to sway to your side. Just don't go overboard with the accusations.

- No, I'm not telling you off, AS.
- I take it you mean: wouldn't take control, Wieg?
- The Spear doesn't corrupt them into doing Adolf's wishes, but basically just turns them into a nazi kinda guy with a Gollum complex.

Voting may now begin....

Set #4
Claws of Veeshan: 0
VS
Superegos: 1

Tea Baggers: 0
VS
Devastating Silence: 5

Claws of Veeshan: 1
Collective Powder of the Superegos: 0

Tea Baggers: 0
Devastating Silence: 6