DTL Season 4-Week 2 (Set 3)

wiegeabo

Omniposcient
Reaction score
The rules:
This is one of four threads, each containing two match ups.
The threads will be in use for 6 days.
Days 1-4 (Thursday-Sunday) are strictly setup time for owners to plead their cases, tell us their team’s strategies, breakdown the match ups, and do whatever else they can/want to do to try and convince you that their team would pull out a victory. Please, let the owners do this on their own with no help from you, the fan.

When Day 5 (Monday) rolls around, I’ll post and tell everyone that voting may begin. Only after doing so will voting start. Any votes cast before I open voting will not count.
To vote, look over the matchups and read the owners strategies and take them into consideration. Afterwards, use your best judgment to decide who you think has the best chance to win the match up and post up the teams you think will prevail.
(Note: The length of a writeup is up to the owner. Do not punish owners just for having a shorter writeup.)

To vote, give each writeup a score out of 10, with the team you feel winning the match earning the higher score. No tie votes are allowed, one team must get a higher score, even if only by a single vote.

Remember, to vote for each match up or your vote will not count!

The teams with the highest vote total at the end of the 6th day (Tuesday) will get a W while the other will get an L.

The battleground for this week is: Frozen Antarctic Tundra

Funky Fresh
Despero (DU)
Darkseid (DU)
Brainiac 147 (DM)
Shiver Man (MR)
The Ghost (MR)

VS.

The Atomic Punks
Nimrod (MU)
Samaritan (DU)
Nightshade (DM)
Karate Kid (DR)
Kiden (MR)

Simple Kind Of Lovelies
Captain Atom (DU)
Wonder Woman (DU)
Gambit (fully powered) (MM)
Deadpool (MR)
Will O' the Wisps (MR)

VS.

Guyver's Goons
Quasar (Operation Galactic Storm) (MU)
Dr. Strange/Man-Thing (MU)
Atom one million (DM)
Zeitgeist (MR)
Chunk (DR)

FUNKY FRESH!

Despero.jpg

Despero: 1; 2; 3

darkseid.jpg

Darkseid: 1; 2

Brainiac147pic.jpg

Brainiac 147: 1; 2

ShiverMan-1.jpg

Shiver Man: 1; 2

Ghost03.jpg

The Ghost: 1; 2; 3

Well, since my opponent is an ownerless team, I won't bother with a writeup. But, I will provide at least a few paragraphs on why and how my team would win.

First off, in preptime Ghost would know about Samaritan and Nightshade, having fought along side them in the previous week. Brainiac 147 would definitely have info on the legendary Legionnaire, Karate Kid. It's debatable whether they'd be able to get info on Nimrod, and I doubt my two Marvels would find anything on Kiden. So, that's at least one mystery opponent.
As for their info on my guys, they'd know the Ghost since he fought with them last week. Despero and Darkseid should be in the Legion data base. Karate Kid would no nothing about this future Brainiac, but I'd imagine he'd still make the educated guess that he's super intelligent (like his Brainy); his other powers and the M'Onelves would be unknown to him. They wouldn't know a thing about Shiver Man. So that's one unknown facter they'd have to deal with as well.

As for the battleground, the elements would not really bother either team too much. Despero and Darkseid would not be effected by the biting cold, Brainiac is an intangible being, Shiver Man is a wraith-like being, and, when he's not phased, the Ghost's suit should protect him. As for the other team, Nimrod and Samaritan should be good to go, and the others would have access to Legion transuits, which would make them immune to the freezing temperatures of the Artic.

As for the battle...

Despero would be more than capable of taking on Samaritan. He's one of the top bruisers in this thing, one of the top telepaths in the league, is extremely durable (Superman level at least), superhuman reflexes, is a powerful telekinetic, and has an hypnotic third eye that can entrance damn near anyone. Despero versus Samaritan would be a good fight, but I think Despero would pull it off. If not, he could certainly hold his own until he is able to get a hand from a teammate (Brainiac could always release the M'Onelves - flea-sized Daxamites - to give him a hand, for instance).

Darkseid would take on Nimrod. Though powerful, I doubt the super-sentinel would be able to take a full-on blast of the Omega Effect. If Darkseid is feeling somewhat merciful, he might just trap it some where in time or teleport it into a black hole or the heart of a star. Or he could just erase the machine from existance entirely. Either would work.

Brainiac 147 would take on Nightshade. Being naturally intangible, and that fact being unknown to the other team, there'd be nothing Nightshade could really do to harm him. It may take him a bit, but, eventually, he'd be able to put her down for the count either through the M'Onelves, trapping her in the timestream, or using some other piece of future tech at his disposal.

Karate Kid would be hunted down by Shiver Man. Val is a great fighter, able to take on being much more powerful than he is and hold his own. But the Shiver Man would be a tough opponent with his phasing powers and the fact that he is impossible to track (even Wolverine with his enhanced senses was unable to detect him); can't go toe-to-toe with a being you can't see or touch. Add to the fact that he'd be an unknown opponent (Karate Kid may have been on my team, but he and the Shiver Man never got a chance to work together) would just add to the problems the Kid would have. Shiver Man is also immune to pain; he had his arm lopped off and simply picked it up and reattached it like nothing happened. So, any serious blows dealt by the Kid wouldn't throw Shiver Man off balance or make him falter. Still, Val is an experienced warrior, and would definitely last. But, in the end, I'd put money on the Shiver Man pulling it out (either by himself or with the aid of a teammate).

That leaves the Ghost to take on Kiden. No doubt Samaritan and Nightshade would inform the young lady what the Ghost is capable of since they fought together a week ago. Her powers over time would definitely be a pain for the Ghost, but nothing he couldn't handle. He has plenty of ranged weapons at his disposal, and with his ability to go intangible or invisible, he'd be able to get a sneak attack on Kiden to take her out cleanly and quickly.

There might be a few characters from my team that get taken out, but, all in all, I don't see them losing this fight.

Voting may now begin....

Im working on my story at te mo and its a big un. I haven't got te battle parts yet. So I'll just say why I think my team would win

First of all Captain Atom has next to no chance against Quasar. Virtually no energy manipulator has. Quasar can drain/control virtually an infinite amount of energy (see him absorbing all of Egos power and absorbig the power of sa star) and send it to the Quantum zone. He can use Captain atom own power against like he has done with the Phoenix and a watcher. Plus he has his constructs that have kept the combine might of the avnegers and X-men at bay. Not only that but he durable enough to swin through a super nova unharmed.

Chunk only has to look at an opponent and they end up a few light years away stranded

Nobody in Lady Vaders team can take down Zeitgiest I'd wager

The Atom on million can split himself into a million atom sized versions of himself and cause all sorst of damage to anyone he decided to venture into

And we have the Trump Card Dr Strange, who could quite honestly probably take the two ubers by himself if I'm being honest. Time freeze, teleporatation to the crossroads etc etc

I'm going to hold off voting in this thread so that if any want to finish their write ups they can.

Funky Fresh 6/10
The Atomic Punks 2/10

Simple Kind Of Lovelies 2/10
Guyver's Goons 4/10

Funky Fresh 5/10
The Atomic Punks 1/10

Guyver's Goons 5/10

Guyver's Goons 4/10

Funky Fresh 5/10
The Atomic Punks 1/10