DTL Season 4-Week 7 (Set 2)

wiegeabo

Omniposcient
Reaction score
The rules:
This is one of four threads, each containing two match ups.
The threads will be in use for 6 days.
Days 1-4 (Thursday-Sunday) are strictly setup time for owners to plead their cases, tell us their team’s strategies, breakdown the match ups, and do whatever else they can/want to do to try and convince you that their team would pull out a victory. Please, let the owners do this on their own with no help from you, the fan.

When Day 5 (Monday) rolls around, I’ll post and tell everyone that voting may begin. Only after doing so will voting start. Any votes cast before I open voting will not count.
To vote, look over the matchups and read the owners strategies and take them into consideration. Afterwards, use your best judgment to decide who you think has the best chance to win the match up and post up the teams you think will prevail.
(Note: The length of a writeup is up to the owner. Do not punish owners just for having a shorter writeup.)

To vote, give each writeup a score out of 10, with the team you feel winning the match earning the higher score. No tie votes are allowed, one team must get a higher score, even if only by a single vote.

Remember, to vote for each match up or your vote will not count!

The teams with the highest vote total at the end of the 6th day (Tuesday) will get a W while the other will get an L.

The battleground for this week is: The sinking, unpopulated, Titanic.

The New Superfriends
Silver Surfer (MU)
Dr. Fate IV (Hector Hall) (DU)
Vision (MM)
Gravity (MR)
Aztek (DR)

VS.

Funky Fresh
Thanos
Black Alice
Brainiac 417
Shiver Man
The Ghost

Justice Society
Superman (102nd Century) (DU)
Iron Man (Sorceror Supreme) (MU)
Comet Man (MM)
Devil Slayer (MR)
Hawkman (DR)

VS.

Guyver's Goons
Quasar (Operation Galactic Storm) (MU)
Dr. Strange/Man-Thing (MU)
Atom one million (DM)
Zeitgeist (MR)
Chunk (DR)

FUNKY FRESH!

blackalice.jpg

Black Alice: 1; 2

Thanos11.jpg

Thanos: 1; 2

Brainiac147pic.jpg

Brainiac 417: 1; 2

ShiverMan-1.jpg

Shiver Man: 1; 2

Ghost03.jpg

The Ghost: 1; 2; 3

Something coming soon...

Now, Jb. Do you have the new or old Ghost?.. Difference?

New one relies totally on his armor.
Old one has all the gernades and what not.

And am I the only one who is going to do a write-up?

I'll be doing a write-up, probably some time this evening.

Just because you didn't see him use his grenades in the mini does not mean he doesn't have them. The only real difference between them is character design. :o

And I'll hopefully have something up by late Monday.

Voting may now begin....

Since it looks as though Guyver won't be doing a write up, I will have a short one up in a bit.

Justice Society
Superman (102nd Century) (DU)
Iron Man (Sorceror Supreme) (MU)
Comet Man (MM)
Devil Slayer (MR)
Hawkman (DR)

VS.

Guyver's Goons
Quasar (Operation Galactic Storm) (MU)
Dr. Strange/Man-Thing (MU)
Atom one million (DM)
Zeitgeist (MR)
Chunk (DR)

Comet Man would be able to take out Atom (One Million) with telepathy.
Devil Slayer and Comet Man would be able to send Chunk into a pocket universe from DV's cloak.
Hawkman would get taken out, there is no way he could really fight anyone of his opponents.
Iron Man (Sorcerer Supreme) would match up well and defeat Strange/Man Thing, because of his suit, and his being able to conjure the spells quicker.
Superman (102nd Century) and Quasar would match up well, but Quasar could take the advantage by starting to drain Supes of his power, but it would take a while because of Supes determination.
Iron Man (SS), Comet Man and Devil Slayer would have to team up to take out Zeitgeist, but a "Whence" spell by Iron Man should be able to do the trick, by not allowing Zeitgeist to enter out dimension.
Justice Society vs. Quasar would be a nice battle, as Quasar can do quite a few things, but if Iron Man were to reenergize Supes, with his muscle, and Iron Man's mystical forces, along with Comet Man and Devil Slayer's telepathy, Quasar wouldn't stand a chance.

Not my best, if I could vote for myself I would give myself like a two or something. Not much thought, but like I said, it appears as though I don't have an opponent for this week.

The New Superfriends 1/10
Funky Fresh 5/10

Justice Society 4/10
Guyver's Goons 1/10

My votes are:
The New Superfriends 1
Funky Fresh 2

Justice Society 4
Guyver's Goons 1

Voting is now over.

Final scores are:

The New Superfriends 2