DTL Season 4-Week 10 (Set 1)

wiegeabo

Omniposcient
Reaction score
The rules:
This is one of four threads, each containing two match ups.
The threads will be in use for 7 days.
Days 1-4 (Thursday-Sunday) are strictly setup time for owners to plead their cases, tell us their team’s strategies, breakdown the match ups, and do whatever else they can/want to do to try and convince you that their team would pull out a victory. Please, let the owners do this on their own with no help from you, the fan.

When Day 5 (Monday) rolls around, I’ll post and tell everyone that voting may begin. Only after doing so will voting start. Any votes cast before I open voting will not count.
To vote, look over the matchups and read the owners strategies and take them into consideration. Afterwards, use your best judgment to decide who you think has the best chance to win the match up and post up the teams you think will prevail.
(Note: The length of a writeup is up to the owner. Do not punish owners just for having a shorter writeup.)

To vote, give each writeup a score out of 10, with the team you feel winning the match earning the higher score. No tie votes are allowed, one team must get a higher score, even if only by a single vote.

Remember, to vote for each match up or your vote will not count!

The teams with the highest vote total at the end of the 7th day (Wednesday) will get a W while the other will get an L.

The battleground for this week is: Asgard

Funky Fresh
Thanos (MU)
Black Alice (DU)
Brainiac 417 (DM)
Shiver Man (MR)
The Ghost (MR)

VS.

Chaos & Order
Silver Surfer (Earth M) (MU)
Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) (DU)
Vision (eXiles) (MM)
Proctor (MR)
Deadline (DR)

The New Superfriends
Silver Surfer (DU)
Dr. Fate IV (Hector Hall) (DU)
Vision (MM)
Gravity (MR)
Aztek (DR)

VS.

Justice Society
Superman (102nd Century) (DU)
Iron Man (Sorceror Supreme) (MU)
Comet Man (MM)
Hawkman (DR)
Devil Slayer (MR)

Prep-Time

Chaos & Order
Silver Surfer, Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner), Vision (eXiles), Proctor, Deadline

GL: "This is going to be a tough match."

Surfer: "Much more than tough. Thanos alone will provide a challenge to our team."

GL: "Yeah, well, I was just trying to lighten our mood. We've fought some of these guys before."

Surfer: "Indeed."

GL: "Yep. Thanos was one tough SOB. Shiver Man's a pain too. I couldn't even stop the guy so I had to send him away. And Brainiac's have always been technological masters. Seeing as how this one is number 417, I can't even guess how far into the future he may be from."

Proctor: "That just leaves Black Alice and Ghost. Does anybody know about them?"

DL: "Other than the chick being a hot number, not a clue."

Vision: "That is disturbing. I have no knowledge of either opponents as well."

GL: "Well that sure isn't good. How are we going to decide who fights whom?"

Proctor: "We focus on what we do know and plan our strengths accordingly. In this way, if one of us finds ourself in trouble, we can better expect help from the others."

DL: "Sounds like a plan. I say me and Proctor stick together."

Proctor: Rolls his eyes. "And why would you say that?"

DL: "'Cause I figure with our powers, they'll never even be able to touch us."

GL: "You probably won't be able to touch Shiver Man, so it doesn't sound like a bad idea."

Vision: "Then I should fight Brainiac. If he is technologically based, I may be able to interface with him."

GL: "Too dangerous. The Brainiac's are master of technology, but not always technological themselves. It's more likely he may get control of you."

Surfer: "Normally, I would agree with you, Lantern. But in this case, we cannot afford to keep Vision from his battle. You and I are both going to have to work together to keep Thanos from gaining the upper-hand."

DL: "What about that Alice babe? Whoose taking her on? And if you're looking for volunteers..."

Proctor: Sighs with annoyance. "Is it not obvious. Both the Lantern and Surfer will battle her, hoping that she can be stopped quickly enough to let them focus on Thanos." He looks at the others. "Must I really be tied to this...man...for the fight."

GL: "Just finish your fight fast, and then you can ditch him."

DL: "Hey!"

GL: "I'm just saying."

Surfer: "Perhaps we should begin scouting the area, starting with the castle in the distance. If our opponents have not already secured it, it may be a valuable resource."

GL: "Sounds good. I always wanted to see where gods lived."

DL: "Yeah, about that, what was this place called again?"

Vision: "Asgard. Home of the Norse gods."

DL: "As in Vikings, right?"

Vision: "Correct."

DL: "Nice. Those guys knew how to party. Let's find something to drink." He begins heading in the direction of the castle.

Surfer: "Do you think it wise to imbibe before what will certainly be a massive battle?"

DL: Shakes his head. "You don't get it, do you? That's the perfect time!" He takes to the air and leaves.

GL: "You know what, after seeing what Thanos could do last time, I'm with DL on this one. Last one there buys the first round." Kyle streaks off after Deadline.

Surfer: "I will make sure they do not expose themselves to the enemy, and ensure the castle is secure." The Surfer launches into the air.

Proctor: Watches them leave for a moment. Without taking his eyes off of the sky he asks, "What are our chances of survival?"

Vision: Takes a moment to run the calculations. "Do you really want to know?"

Proctor: "No. I suppose I don't."

Proctor disappears as he teleports away and Vision flies into the sky to catch up with the rest of Chaos & Order.

Battle-Time here...

Quick run down:

Green Lantern and the Surfer take on Thanos in a battle of energy. But Black Alice interrupts using Captain Marvel's abilities, pulling Kyle off of the fight. The Norrin/Thanos battle rages away from the castle and into some mountains...

Deadline is surprise by Ghost and Shiver Man. Of course, being intangible, the don't harm him and end up being surprised by Proctor teleporting in. Of course, being intangible or able to teleport/regenerate makes it hard for Proctor to mount an effective attack. The fight continues with Ghost and Deadline trying to hit each other and failing, and Proctor and Shiver Man hitting each other but failing to take the other out (Shiver Man regenerates and Proctor can't die as long as he holds the Ebony Blade)...

Vision and Brainiac track one another down. Vision's beam passes through Brainiac harmlessly. Brainiac releases the Mon'elves, but they pass through the phased Vision who is able to slow them down with his energy attacks. Brainiac tries to interface with Vision, who wisely retreats to look for help and figure out how to fight his opponent...

Deadline and Ghost continue to fight, finding themselves in a large room full of ancient weapons. Deadline retreats as the Ghost's technology adapts to Deadline's phasing, allowing him to hit the assassin. But DL is able to keep ahead of Ghost by using his enhanced hearing to listen for attacks. Lurching back from an attack, DL feels a pain on his shoulder. A small trickle of blood drips from the wound, and he looks at the blade of an ax a statue is holding to see his blood on it. This impresses Deadline since, not only is his skin incredibly durable, but he was phased at the time. Using a gas cloud to cover his tracks, DL grabs the ax and swings just as the Ghost exits the cloud. The blade connects with his torso, embedding itself in Ghosts armor. Sparks fly as Ghost shifts from being intangible to invisible and back again. Deadline fires a few blasts and Ghost falls. He picks up the ax, tests its weight and balance, and moves on.

Proctor and Shiver Man get nowhere fast. Proctor is hurt badly, but still going and healing rapidly. Shiver Man has lost more limbs than Proctor can count, but still keeps getting them back. "Duck," a shout from behind says, and Proctor does so. An ax flies over his head and plants itself between Shiver Man's eyes, sending him back and pinning him to a wall. His body flails, but the mystical enchantments on the ax prevent him from healing from the attack or escaping. A rumble causes them to turn and watch the wall behind them fall as Thanos enters, dropping the injured Surfer on the floor. "Next." the Titan says...

(Part II later...)

Voting may now begin....

Yet another non opponent for this week so:

Iron Man would be able to take down Fate, it would just be a matter of time.

This version of Superman would be able to hold his own against the Surfer until help from Stark arrived to take down Surfer.

Comet Man would have a hard time with Vision, but with the aid of his team, Vision could be turned into scrap metal.

Gravity and Aztek would be no match for even Superman alone, much less all of the Society.

My votes are:

The New Superfriends 1
The Justice Society 3

Voting is closed.
Final vote is:

Funky Fresh 0
Chaos & Order 6

The New Superfriends 1
The Justice Society 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics