DTL Season 4-Week 9 (Set 2)

wiegeabo

Omniposcient
Reaction score
The rules:
This is one of four threads, each containing two match ups.
The threads will be in use for 6 days.
Days 1-4 (Thursday-Sunday) are strictly setup time for owners to plead their cases, tell us their team’s strategies, breakdown the match ups, and do whatever else they can/want to do to try and convince you that their team would pull out a victory. Please, let the owners do this on their own with no help from you, the fan.

When Day 5 (Monday) rolls around, I’ll post and tell everyone that voting may begin. Only after doing so will voting start. Any votes cast before I open voting will not count.
To vote, look over the matchups and read the owners strategies and take them into consideration. Afterwards, use your best judgment to decide who you think has the best chance to win the match up and post up the teams you think will prevail.
(Note: The length of a writeup is up to the owner. Do not punish owners just for having a shorter writeup.)

To vote, give each writeup a score out of 10, with the team you feel winning the match earning the higher score. No tie votes are allowed, one team must get a higher score, even if only by a single vote.

Remember, to vote for each match up or your vote will not count!

The teams with the highest vote total at the end of the 6th day (Tuesday) will get a W while the other will get an L.

The battleground for this week is: A Borg Cube

Justice Society
Superman (102nd Century) (DU)
Iron Man (Sorceror Supreme) (MU)
Comet Man (MM)
Hawkman (DR)
Devil Slayer (MR)

VS.

Funky Fresh
Thanos
Black Alice
Brainiac 417
Shiver Man
The Ghost

Guyver's Goons
Quasar (Operation Galactic Storm) (MU)
Dr. Strange/Man-Thing (MU)
Atom one million (DM)
Zeitgeist (MR)
Chunk (DR)

VS.

Devastating Silence
Cable (Burnt Offering)
Dr. Doom (Power Cosmic)
Mimic (eXiles)
NorthStar (Agent of Hydra)
Forge

Pre-Battle​

Guyver's Goons
Quasar (Operation Galactic Storm) (MU)
Dr. Strange/Man-Thing (MU)
Atom one million (DM)
Zeitgeist (MR)
Chunk (DR)

Vs.

Devastating Silence
Cable (Burnt Offering)
Dr. Doom (Power Cosmic)
Mimic (eXiles)
NorthStar (Agent of Hydra)
Forge

Battle​

Enter: Battle Field....

Doom: This is good for us.

Cable: Whats happening?

Doom: We've been given no time for a pre-battle and thrust right into battle.

Cable: This could be Fun.

Doom: I am correct to hear that You are a God also?

With that, Cable dives directly into Dr. Dooms mind, smoothly inserting and watching each others lives...

Cable: Your evil.

Doom: Yes., And your a Messiah.

Cable: Savior

Recognizing NorthStar, Mimic: Juan Paul! Whats happening here!?

NorthStar: What? How do you know me?

Doom: Alternate versions of each other... We're here fighting another team of five for the dominance of taking the place of the present Exiles...

Getting in fighting stance, Mimic: Who are we fighting?

Doom: Not us,... Them.(pointing)

Pushing the team back into the shadows, Cable: Do they know we're here?

Doom: In a sense, yes. But they don't know where we are. Only that we are "Somewhere".

Cable: I've telepathically influenced Strange/Man-Thing to not but up any barriers...

Everyone on the team wences...

NorthStar: Wtf was That?!

Cable: That is all the information you need to know about them.

Mimic: How are we going to get in close enough on Zeitgeist and Strange?

Forge: We need to teleport.... Cable, mind-link Dr. Doom and myself so we can create a teleporter.

Within Seconds, Doom: Keep us Mind-Linked, Cable. Forge, you will stay next to me.... The teleporter is for NorthStar and Mimic.

Doom: Cable, stay back. I need you to run interference with your telekinesis and also influence them..

Mimic: Lets go.

As Strange is setting up a scrying pool, Mimic and NorthStar 'pop' in. NorthStar Snaps The Atoms neck as Mimic unleashes his optic blast on Dr. Strange/Man-Thing... The seperation is managed by Cable:

Still without any psionic barriers, Dr. Stange is effectively put to sleep.
Jolting into battle, Dr. Doom(with Forge) upper-cuts quasar to the out side of the cube and is unable to reenter the same hole because Cable has telekinetically block it.

Dr. Doom, Forge, Mimic and NorthStar Vs. Chunck

Dr. Doom just smashes his fist through Chunks' head to his feet....

Cables' Uber Telekinesis Vs. Quasar

Yea.... he just bashs Quasar around for a while until he bursts back in .....

I don't know people...... this borg cube thing ain't my thing....

End​

Why is Chunk not a medium? Need some scans?

Hes not easy to kill and his vacuum is the strength of the vacuum of space. and if he were to catch an uber, they'd be stuck as well

Voting may now begin....

No opponent this week so time for another quick, crappy writeup.

The combined telepathy of Iron Man, Comet Man and Devil Slayer would easily overwhelm Shiver Man and The Ghost.

Comet Man and Devil Slayer could team up to send Brainiac 147 into Devil Slayer's pocket dimension.

Superman and Iron Man would team up on Thanos trying to hold their own.

Comet Man, Devil Slayer and Hawkman would take on Black Alice. Alice would take the powers of Comet Man and Devil Slayer but not before Hawkman would be able to land a critical blow on Alice.

The Society vs. Thanos.

With Iron Man, Comet Man and Devil Slayer with their combined telepathy and Superman's overwhelming speed and near limitless strength, Thanos would eventually succumb to the might of the Society.

Dr Strange has telepathic shields and has beaten Moondragon with Mind gem in a telepathic battle.

Doom isn't beating Strange even with the surfers power. The surfer himself wouldn't beat Dr Stange.

Doom isn't beating Quasar either, Quasar can just siphon off Dooms power cosmic and use it like he has done to the surfer. Hell he's done it to a watcher:o

Quasar is totally immune to ALL telepathy so that would put Cable at an instant disadvantage. The idea that Cable could just bash a guy who has stood in the core of a sun and swam through a super nova is plain laughable. Quasars shield have withstood the entire imperial guard (including Gladiator) as well as the X-men and Avengers combined.

The atom one million can split himself into a a few million microscopic beings, he's not going to have his neck broken just like that:rolleyes:

Zeitgiest would kill all your regs without breaking a sweat all by himself. In fact not even your ubers have any defence. Coincidentally enough you never even mentioned in your write up how they beat zeitgiest:up:

Anybody who looks at Chunk in the face gets removed from battle instantly as well

over statement on each one... except Zeit, who can't be touched unless he wants and from what i understand can take a GREAT deal of damage and just... come back.(but his still a reg)

Chunck doesn't make people, Just Disappear. he has to get them locked in his gravitational pull.

And as for SS stuff... remember now. Dr. Doom tends not to hold back. and if quasar is more powerful than SS... hes too uber(if not just be the way you just described him).

And as for ANY and ALL Magic... I think it should be banned....

My votes are

Justice Society 3
Funky Fresh 1

Guyver's Goons 3
Devastating Silence 2

Justice society 4
Funky Fresh 0

Guyver's Goons 3
Devastating silence 4

AnnoyingSilence said:
over statement on each one... except Zeit, who can't be touched unless he wants and from what i understand can take a GREAT deal of damage and just... come back.(but his still a reg)

Chunck doesn't make people, Just Disappear. he has to get them locked in his gravitational pull.

Rubbish, he looks and you pop. He teleports the Flash away for petes sake!!

And as for SS stuff... remember now. Dr. Doom tends not to hold back. and if quasar is more powerful than SS... hes too uber(if not just be the way you just described him).

LOL No...Qusars powers are perfectly suited to take on someone with the surfers power set. He can siphon away an INFINTE amount of energy. the surfs powers are energy based

And as for ANY and ALL Magic... I think it should be banned....

That isn't happening

Voting is now closed.
Final vote is:

Justice Society 7
Funky Fresh 1

Guyver's Goons 10
Devastating Silence 9

Guyverjay said:
Rubbish, he looks and you pop. He teleports the Flash away for petes sake!!
So you saying hes an uber?

And if i remember right, when he was flashs enemy, flash didn't even HAVE SPEEDFORCE... Well, he did, but he couldn't got any faster than 700 mph(which still sound like a medium on Chunks end).

Guyverjay said:
LOL No...Qusars powers are perfectly suited to take on someone with the surfers power set. He can siphon away an INFINTE amount of energy. the surfs powers are energy based
Um. so are Quasars... Which would mean that there at the same level.

AnnoyingSilence said:
So you saying hes an uber?

Find the word uber in post....wait it isn't there:eek:

And if i remember right, when he was flashs enemy, flash didn't even HAVE SPEEDFORCE... Well, he did, but he couldn't got any faster than 700 mph(which still sound like a medium on Chunks end).

Medium? LOL. he's been reg since the DTL started and NOW you're saying otherwise? Light cannot excape a black hole. Chunks powers are based on the quantum singularity his body is bonded with.

Um. so are Quasars... Which would mean that there at the same level.

Yeah because everybody with energy based powers are the same level:rolleyes:

Read some Quasar or be silent because you honestly don't have any clue what the hell you are droning on about

Find the word uber in post....wait it isn't there

are you being sarcastic or are do you just not seeing how chunk being able to just "Puff" people away is a Very Uber power, or at the VERY least a Medium.

Medium? LOL. he's been reg since the DTL started and NOW you're saying otherwise? Light cannot excape a black hole. Chunks powers are based on the quantum singularity his body is bonded with.

as long as i(or anyone else) make a clear enough point, i'm sure wei will agree to make him a medium... besides... you just did a great job

Yeah because everybody with energy based powers are the same level

ARE YOU THATS ****ING IGNORANT?!?!?! if you can't get what i said then you need to reread the pasts posts

Read some Quasar or be silent because you honestly don't have any clue what the hell you are droning on about

Yes, because you can keep an O so meaningless conversation, where you end up not knowing whats being said and think that your characters are the top out of every class...

Silver Surfer (THEE TOP OUT LEVEL UBER) = Cosmic Power = Energy and Elemental Manipulation

Quasar CAN NOT, by the RULES be more powerful than SILVER SURFER.. (Quasar(from what i can understand is a superhero), if anything would fall along the lines of Silver Surfer and holding back(seeing how he is a good guy)(even if not as much)

AnnoyingSilence said:
Find the word uber in post....wait it isn't there

are you being sarcastic or are do you just not seeing how chunk being able to just "Puff" people away is a Very Uber power, or at the VERY least a Medium.

Are you a moron or have you not been here since the beginning?

as long as i(or anyone else) make a clear enough point, i'm sure wei will agree to make him a medium... besides... you just did a great job[

Yeah because Chunk is a a NEW character that I haven't wrote a gazillion times already:rolleyes:

ARE YOU THATS ****ING IGNORANT?!?!?! if you can't get what i said then you need to reread the pasts posts[

I got what you wrote, it just happens to be the ravings of an imbecile:up:

Yes, because you can keep an O so meaningless conversation, where you end up not knowing whats being said and think that your characters are the top out of every class..

LOL this coming from Annoying "I wank over my team sheet every day" Silence? :D

Silver Surfer (THEE TOP OUT LEVEL UBER) = Cosmic Power = Energy and Elemental Manipulation

Um ever heard of Thanos or Dr Strange?

Quasar CAN NOT, by the RULES be more powerful than SILVER SURFER.. (Quasar(from what i can understand is a superhero), if anything would fall along the lines of Silver Surfer and holding back(seeing how he is a good guy)(even if not as much)

You are so idiotic it beggars belief. You don't have to have more RAW power than someone else to be capable of beating them:rolleyes:

Its the type of powers that counts. Quasar abilties give him an advantange over energy maniupulators, it has nothing to do with him being more uber than the surfer.

Oh yeah I won

*Does moonwalk*

:D

I do not concede defeat by far guyver, but this is killing my write-up time(and i have a active member this week)

It doesn't matter what you "concede", your ass lost:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"