Duck Dodgers cameo: great idea, or Greatest Idea?

greenloonternmoviedaffy.jpg

greenloonternmoviekilow.jpg

greenloonternmoviedaffy.jpg

greenloonternmoviehalda.jpg

And ICYDK these are all lines from the cartoon.

Last edited:
This is gonna turn into that Christian Bale/Kermit the Frog comparison. Except Daffy Duck > Kermit the Frog.

A CGI Daffy Duck would kill any semblance of seriousness in the movie, but part of me wants to hear "YAY TEAM!" after the big Lantern Wide Oath.

A CGI Daffy Duck would kill any semblance of seriousness in the movie, but part of me wants to hear "YAY TEAM!" after the big Lantern Wide Oath.
Really? A Black CG duck with arms would look out of place in the background of a crowd that includes a giant pink space hippo, a birdman, a giant fly, whatever Salaak is, and the Guardians? It's not like anyone is campaigning for him to have a major role or lines. Just be one of the Lanterns in the background.

Really? A Black CG duck with arms would look out of place in the background of a crowd that includes a giant pink space hippo, a birdman, a giant fly, whatever Salaak is, and the Guardians? It's not like anyone is campaigning for him to have a major role or lines. Just be one of the Lanterns in the background.

Well those are In-Universe characters. They fit in to the Universe, they're aliens and even if they're rather goofy looking they're serious Lanterns who are all fighting for the same thing. Daffy Duck however is a Looney Toon, a pop culture icon known for being silly and wacky, and is more recognizable than the Green Lantern. If people see him in the movie, they'd stop and think "Wait a second....is that Daffy Duck?" and it'd take them out of the story.

I'm all for sticking him in the background as an Easter Egg, as long as it's subtle enough for only GL fans to catch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"