Which idea should WB take on the JLA movie?

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
Here are my three MAJOR ideas of what WB should do for the JLA movie. Below I've typed every possible idea for not only to make the movie good to them and us, but marketable as well.

The things that each share is that the story should be that or similar to JLA: Year One. And the origins of heroes like Wonder Woman or Martian Manhunter will be tied into the films since, in Wonder Woman's case, there is no franchises yet for them.

The first three below presents the JLA without Superman nor Batman in the team:

1) Wonder Woman & the JLA

BACKGROUND: What many people don't know, or don't remember, is that the JLA started without Superman or Batman. Instead it was Wonder Woman with the Silver Age Flash & Green Lantern with new characters (at the time) Martian Manhunter & Aquaman. Wonder Woman is the leader, with Jonn being second-in-command. Basically I can see the story for this in three ways: 1) Wonder Woman's origin is tied to the origin of the JLA and a team is formed during the fight to stop Ares. 2) Again, WW's origin is tied into JLA's origin, Ares and all, but the second villian is the White Martians which either they captured MM, basing that to JL/JLU, or not. 3) More like taking the X-Men/Ultimate Avengers approach where the characters are already established, with backgrounds of each explored for the non-comic book audience, and the origin is of them creating the team.

Wonder Woman & Flash have two reasons to be in this: because their franchises haven't started and these two are universally known to be in the JLA. The only other character is Martian Manhunter because he is the core member for the JLA's existence, so him in the movie would have to be since of how important he is to the JLA. As for the rest, the other two that make up the five is Green Lantern & Aquaman. JLA: Year One should be looked upon as how Green Lantern and Aquaman should be handled not just in character, but backstory as well. Now if Aquaman isn't in the likely yet, as we're dealing with someone with his own kingdom under the sea, then I think we should have another female in the group: Black Canary. How she could work is by beign Diana's friend when she first comes to Man's World (again, this move using WW's origin) before she meet's the rest of team.

The only alternate team lineup for this are using the four DC-related characters that are in development hell. Wonder Woman & Flash of course, along with Green Lantern & Captain Marvel (who is DC-related even though the last I heard his movie is being developed at New Line).

=======================================

2) Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman & the JLA

BACKGROUND: When people think of JLA, Superman, Batman & Wonder Woman are there in their minds. While the idea of having those three are 50/50, because its a movie and there are problems and concerns, people still want them. The Big Three are important to the DCU and to the JLA anway, since they staretd the team and there is no JLA without the big three. But the problem is the screen time and the concerns of how much do the three, or even the two of Batman & Superman, get used in the film compared to the others. Thats the problem.

The film shoould have Superman & Batman, already know each other but never fought together. Just like the first idea, and all ideas I should say, Wonder Woman's origin is tied to the JLA's origin. So when the three meet, the first act becomes that of the DC Trinity. Now the others to appear that make up the team depend on how many and how important they are. If they add one more, it could be either Flash (because just like Wonder Woman, he doesn't have his franchise up) or Martian Manhunter, since he is again the important character for the JLA's existence. If they want to add two, then its Flash & Green Lantern. The Big Five. If they take this, but want to add some more, I can only see them addign just one more to the addition of Flash and Green Lantern tot he big three and thats Martian Manhunter again. I cannot see the big seven unless for a sequel. So no to Aquaman. This is all because of Superman & Batman in the film with Wonder Woman.

The story could be anything, it just has to be about how these heroes formed the JLA. And having Wonder Woman, Flash, and Green Lantern in the film could jump start those their franchises.

=====================================

3) Superman/Wonder Woman & the JLA, Batman & the Outsiders

BACKGROUND: I recently thought of this and this could be the way to go. Now Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman, the big three, are known to be in the JLA. But if you look at it, Superman as the first superhero could be the leader of the team with Wonder Woman being second in command. In a more real mode, Batman may or may not really work out with the JLA. Am'I repeating what Jett said? Yes and no. Yeah, Batman may not work with a real JLA but then again it could work out anyway. But also, back in the eighties/pre-Crisis, Batamn had his own superhero team. Then I thought of this: how about a JLA franchise with Superman & Wonder Woman in it and another new franchise for Batman and the Outsiders. This could work.

I can see a similar storyline with the first idea of still tying Wonder Woman's origin and have Ares plot a third world war. But he's not alone, Luthor has supplied money to help the countries battle each other, where you get Superman. Then you could add the White Martians, where you get Martian Manhunter. The three would meet and team up, but they then realize they need more help. Thats where Flash & Green Lantern come in. Then at the end, a similar scene from JL - Secret Origins happens where Superman comes up with the idea to have a team to face the battles one hero can't handle. So thus the JLA is born. As for more members in the sequels, I can see there being those who are "superheroic". Like Captain Marvel, Hawkman & Hawkgirl, Firestorm, and since I didn't mention him in the first film idea above, Martian Manhunter.

Now for Batman and his Outsiders, I don't have an idea of how the story could be, but it still could use the origin found in the Batman and the Outsiders first issue back in the 1982-1983 (with the obivious action of taking out the JLA scenes). The members in this franchise, this team, would be more grounded and more in a way associated with Batman. So I could see Zatanna, Huntress, Black Lightning and his daughter Thunder, Katana, Metamorpho, Grace, and if the JLA doesn't have her, they could have Black Canary AND Green Arrow. With maybe Arsenal (or Speedy).

So thats it: two superhero franchises of Superman/Wonder Woman & the JLA and Batman & the Outsiders.

=====================================

Overall, I looked at what I said and I can say that I like, and want, the first or third ideas. If I were to rank them, one would be the first idea (Wonder Woman & the JLA), second would be the third (Superman/Wonder Woman/JLA & Batman/Outsiders) and finally the second (Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman and the JLA).

I hope WB will hear me.

So which should they take?

I don't think it would feel right without the big 3.

If this were even going to happen they would focus on fan favorites. There is no JLa without the Trinity.

How about Batman/ Wonder Women/ Green Lantern/ JL. I mean this will likely be Bruce Wayne head quarters so Batman shoudl be in. Why does Superman have to lead everything. Why can't WW and GL get some bigger screen time. Lets have Green Arrow or some other characters then Flash and Aquaman. Why can't Superman be off else where. Does it have to be Supermans league. Let WW run it and Batman kinda seems like the out side member but he is there when is needed. But i guess with the LOD or Likely Dark Said Superman ha sto be in it. Sorry if i am a Batman liker. Its just WW and GL need some leader roles too.

How about Batman/ Wonder Women/ Green Lantern/ JL. I mean this will likely be Bruce Wayne head quarters so Batman shoudl be in. Why does Superman have to lead everything. Why can't WW and GL get some bigger screen time. Lets have Green Arrow or some other characters then Flash and Aquaman. Why can't Superman be off else where. Does it have to be Supermans league. Let WW run it and Batman kinda seems like the out side member but he is there when is needed. But i guess with the LOD or Likely Dark Said Superman ha sto be in it. Sorry if i am a Batman liker. Its just WW and GL need some leader roles too.

Superman would need to lead it. Hes the only one with experience (at least 10 years of it).

The others (with the exception of Batman) are all newbs.

Now that depends on which Wonder Women and Green Lantern. For GL is part of the Lantern society or whatever it is called and i don't think he is a rookie. WW has the young one like in the cartoon and an older one in the TV show. I wonder if we will see a flame between Superman and WW for it be cool. But ofcourse he love Lois. I think everyone has thaught of this super hero hook up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"