Dune

I wonder if the Bene Gesserit HBO Max series is still hapening?

Yeah right. It’s gonna be all reality, all the time

It still has a great back catalog and lot of good movies. But yeah, those days are numbered.

It still has a great back catalog and lot of good movies. But yeah, those days are numbered.
Fortunately I've got a lot of their back catalogue movies on disc, but I agree the older animated stuff and classic television is still a deal for anyone wanting to watch those things.

Another major concern about Zaslav is him cutting funding for preservation efforts and archive films. He could dispose of old films and film elements and eliminate storage and maintenance costs. He could also cut back on 4K and 2K restorations and physical releases of the classic catalogue.

Unless it moves to HBO proper it's dead.
Maybe there's something that I'm missing, but since it is primarily a Legendary production they can technically develop a TV show and more content in another platform. Look at what they're doing with the MonsterVerse. They are currently filming a movie with WB, a TV series for Apple and an animated show at Netflix.

HBO/HBO Max Layoffs Hit; Amy Gravitt & Sarah Aubrey Get New Duties – Deadline

The divergence is bigger in drama. where Max has been going for broader, pop culture content. Aubrey’s focus going forward will be on big, largely IP-based tentpoles. (Joey Chavez remains as EVP Programming and lead for Max Originals drama, reporting to Aubrey.) That includes high-profile DC series The Peacemaker and the upcoming The Penguin and Green Lantern, which are all moving along, as well as another upcoming series, Dune, which is now casting, and an It series adaptation, which is in fast-track development. In addition to The Peacemaker,Max has had success with dramas based on WB series IP including Pretty Little Liars and Gossip Girl.

Yeah great. Want to see a more action driven Dune film.
The first one felt flat, the cinematography didnt impress me, too much of the same shots and alot of flat sandscape shots. The choppers where great.

Was worried about this with everything else at Max getting cut. This will probably just end up under the HBO branding.

Was worried about this with everything else at Max getting cut. This will probably just end up under the HBO branding.
According to that article the plan for WBD is to keep HBO for more traditional dramas like they're releasing now and to have Max for bigger IPs. So All the aforementioned shows will supposedly hit the latter.

According to that article the plan for WBD is to keep HBO for more traditional dramas like they're releasing now and to have Max for bigger IPs. So All the aforementioned shows will supposedly hit the latter.

But I thought WBD was gonna combine Discovery+ with Max to create a new streaming service?

But I thought WBD was gonna combine Discovery+ with Max to create a new streaming service?
Yeah and they're not going to stop making scripted shows entirely for that platform. They're just going to keep the more popular male skew :whatever: content there.

I boggle at the idea that having two or more separate streaming services is supposed to be a good thing, as opposed to having just one. Though the emphasis that audience gender got during the business presentation suggests an answer: Zaslav is a marketing guy who thinks in terms of demographic cuts. Which sort of makes sense ( in a gross-if-you-think-about-it kind of way ) for advertisement-based TV. . . but these are subscription services. You aren't trying to package up a 90% "Male 12-25" audience to sell to the advertisers, your audience is paying you directly.

With Legendary considering terminating their arrangement with WB Discovery, it's gonna be interesting to see how that affects the future of this franchise.

Not trying to be a downer but I strongly disliked the movie. It bored me to tears and I vastly preferred Lynch’s version.

Might see the second one in theaters on a high dose of Delsym. The times I’ve accidentally done that have been some of the more enjoyable movie theater experiences (Green Lantern and Black Adam).

I really like the general story of Dune, enjoyed the original film, and love the cast/director of the current series. But for whatever reason it just didn’t work for me. Maybe I should read the book and I’ll appreciate it more. Can’t bring myself to branch outside of Stephen King lately though, dudes writing is so magnetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"