Dune

I'm guessing pre-production is taking a bit more than they thought, hence the small delay. Otherwise it makes little sense, as they took it from October that so far has zero competition and placed it at the same date as Hunger Games. Sometimes I wonder how they choose the dates in WB. They also have Shazam the same week as Avatar.

Actually it makes more sense to push it back. You take advantage of the Holidays as well as put it closer to awards season.
I'm guessing HG moves.
I'm down for the Zendaya vs Hunter promotional tour/red carpet fashion showdown though.
giphy.gif

I'm guessing pre-production is taking a bit more than they thought, hence the small delay. Otherwise it makes little sense, as they took it from October that so far has zero competition and placed it at the same date as Hunger Games. Sometimes I wonder how they choose the dates in WB. They also have Shazam the same week as Avatar.

WB pushed that back by five days once that teaser hit. There’s room for both films during that period.

That Hunger Games prequel is going to move off November 2023.

WB pushed that back by five days once that teaser hit. There’s room for both films during that period.
I know. They're still coming out at the same week, just not the same weekend. The films are oriented towards very similar crowds and when big movies are coming at the same time it usually hurts both, as they steal screens from each other.
That Hunger Games prequel is going to move off November 2023.
It should. But as of right now, in terms of competition, they placed it in a much worse day and it has become somewhat of a pattern with WB. They also had Matrix five days after Spider-Man last year and The Flash (regardless of all the controversy now) is supposed to come a week before Indiana Jones next summer. Those two films were supposed to be big.

Supposedly Pugh will be there which is leading people to believe it is Kaitain.

Last edited:
Regardless of what locations it ends up being its a perfect location to shoot. Looks like it was made to fit in with the first film's art style and set design.

But let's wait and see if it even ends up in the film. These scenes might suffer the same fate as many scenes in Part 1, and end up in the trash.

It feels nice to know he’s really going to complete this. I remember how up in the air it all was when it was announced only the first part would be filmed. Like IT, there was a good chance we’d never see the second half adapted.

I think Villeneuve should consider himself lucky that WB decided to move their 2020 slate to streaming. Because if they didn't I don't think they would've greenlit Dune 2 before even seeing the Dune 1 results.

But I'm happy for Villeneuve. One of the best directors working today

Regardless of what locations it ends up being its a perfect location to shoot. Looks like it was made to fit in with the first film's art style and set design.

But let's wait and see if it even ends up in the film. These scenes might suffer the same fate as many scenes in Part 1, and end up in the trash.
What scenes were those?

Actually it makes more sense to push it back. You take advantage of the Holidays as well as put it closer to awards season.
Pretty much. After all, the first movie was set to come out in December 2020.

Man, I don't miss those days in 2020 when trailers came out with release dates that you just knew weren't going to happen.

This is the most complete breakdown out there I know of. Not everything that's discussed was filmed but from the photos floating around a lot was.

Man I would be so down for an extended version hope we get it some day.

He has explicitly said so himself.
The director’s cut is what people are watching in theaters right now. There will be no other cut. Yes, I could have made a much longer, more contemplative movie, but that was not the plan.
It's true he did however say that some scenes may appear in the second film, giving the example of Gurney singing that was cut from the first part.

Oh hell yeah, crushed on her hard... the first time I saw Climax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"