Dune

90ba910eee23804c0dbe8f581edb258ec3aa2312.gifv

See I don't know if I wanna get the 4K bluray when it's possible they'll re-release it again in the IMAX aspect ratio.

See I don't know if I wanna get the 4K bluray when it's possible they'll re-release it again in the IMAX aspect ratio.

Apparently it might be.

And while we’ll have to wait for the official press release (expected anytime now) to be sure, based on the promo images the studio is sharing with some of the pre-order listings, it looks like the aspect ratio for the title may be full 1.78:1. This would replicate the maximum IMAX image area for home viewing. Again, that’s not certain yet. So fingers crossed, we’ll know more very soon.

I hope they do but given they've never released Blade Runner 2049 in that format I kind of have my doubts.

Personally I want a limited or collector's edition with many physical goodies. I'm surprised they only recently did that with both Lynch's version and the Dune miniseries, and yet not with this one.

Well, WB will need an excuse for a 4k/blu-ray re-release in 2029/2030 when Dune 3 comes out so we may have a while to wait.

Yeah I'll just wait for either the duology 4K or after Dune Messiah comes out and get the trilogy boxset 4K.

Incorrect aspect ratio is better than not having it at all, so I will double dip

I'd gladly double dip for an IMAX cut if they sweetened the deal and included deleted scenes. Not even asking for extended cuts anymore but I wish Denis would at least show the goods.

Reading a lot of Twitter comments saying it’s boring. I don’t even know what people want these days.

Last edited:
Don’t listen to Twitter. They are a vocal but very minor community in respect to the whole wide world.

700M worldwide speaks louder and means much more to what people thought.

I'll probably still go back and see the film in theater a third time, despite that release.

It's the first time I've been so blown away by a film in the context of a theatrical screening. The combo of Denis Villeneuve's savoir-faire coupled with the fact that my cinema is now classified as "excellence" (a label awarded to state-of-the-art cinemas in France) just makes the experience... breathtaking.
What really speaks to me about Villeneuve's films, and here more than ever, is that he really uses the whole palette of the medium: image, sound and editing. There's a wide variety of scenes that give me the chills, because his "mise en scène" is active on all fronts. You can really feel that everything has been thought through and has room to shine.
I'm usually fairly critical of recent blockbusters (and to be honest, I've skipped most of them in the last 6 or 7 years), but here I've got nothing to say... It's ambitious, precise, masterful.

It's ironic how the 2010s promised so many comic book adaptations and other revivals of some of my childhood heroes, and yet the project that finally hits me in the face is a license I'd never approached before. I also find it amusing how Hollywood seems once again to be making the same discovery that a film can end up being good (really, really good!) when the director behind it has a real love for its subject and a true vision for it... Yeah, what a surprise! :o

Last edited:
I'm so sick of people calling movies that don't deliver the same sh** as "boring"

You see it everywhere you go online.
I bet you that if the original Alien released today, a bunch of people would call it boring. The combination of social media and erratic, frenetically paced modern blockbusters have melted people’s attention span.

Watched it at home and it was even better on a second viewing. Although I have a quite good TV and sound system it isn't like a great theater but it still managed to inspire awe, and I think this just further proves that the film isn't all about the grand spectacle to reach the lofty heights but is rather great down to its core. No news there but still nice to see just how well it holds up in practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"