Dune

I have a special digital rip of The Batman that's like 22gbs, for when I don't want to boot up the PS4.

Untitled.png

200w.gif

Small question about the 3rd act.

When the emperor’s ship came down, what location did the final battle take place? Was that Arrakeen? It looked different.

Small question about the 3rd act.

When the emperor’s ship came down, what location did the final battle take place? Was that Arrakeen? It looked different.
My impression was that they stopped outside Arrakeen and dropped down like a portable mini-palace that's all silver from the ship. So the bulk of the action and throne room take place there, outside the city, and then once they take it, they move into Arrakeen.

My impression was that they stopped outside Arrakeen and dropped down like a portable mini-palace that's all silver from the ship. So the bulk of the action and throne room take place there, outside the city, and then once they take it, they move into Arrakeen.
Aha so the pyramid structure was inside the ship itself. I guess that makes sense. Would’ve been nice to have maybe 1 or 2 extra minutes to establish that. I was so confused.

I searched online and found the answer while previewing the Art and Soul book. It’s exactly as you described.

IMG_3777.jpeg

If anyone is still keeping track, Dune Part 2 has earned back its production AND marketing budget. While the latter isn't a requirement for profit, everything else is now the cherry on top. I do think it's an important milestone for Legendary / WB too, given that they've only now officially announced Part Three.

The extended IMAX screenings, and additional box office, digital, physical, and streaming releases don't need to pay for the marketing budget and will just lead to more profit. A great position to be in. ;)

60% domestic week 1: $66,616,600
55% domestic week 2: $35,854,637
50% domestic week 3+: $44,436,515
22.5% China: $10,432,866
40% other International: $141,492,682

Total estimated profit so far: $298,833,300

Did you see Denis/Greig's reasoning for more IMAX was whenever we're in nature (the desert). So, that's why Part One has 45% of IMAX and Part Two has more like 90%.

Yeah, not surprising Imax is extending the run. Very good film for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"