Dune

I’m just imagining all the incredible movies dropping in late 2021 now.

I’m just imagining all the incredible movies dropping in late 2021 now.
I expect numerous 2021 releases will be shifted to 2022 so I wouldnt get too hyped thinking that we're getting two years worth of films in 2021.

This year is a bust for entertainment outside of Phoebe Bridgers, Fiona Apple, The Invisible Man, and Dark s3.

There’s some interesting movies out now or coming out soon. Possessor is f’n amazing. 2020 isn’t completely doomed for art.

This year is a bust for entertainment outside of Phoebe Bridgers, Fiona Apple, The Invisible Man, and Dark s3.

I wouldn't call it a total bust. But it is very anemic when compared to the overpacked film calendar we are used to.

Extraction
The Old Guard
Relic
King of Staten Island
Juon Origins
Onward
Underwater
Call of the Wild
Da 5 Bloods
Locke and Key
Dracula
Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045

Last edited:
The comic con stream is only days away. Initially I had thought we would get a trailer with that. But now that there is uncertainty about a warner bros panel. And the Dune thing being based around publications only (books/comics). I'm starting to doubt we are getting footage this month. The scary thing is if Dune does get delayed I could see it being a much larger delay than people expect. I'm talking 12 months+

if they shift to December 2021, than they have to stand against Avatar 2, which is impossible to compete with.
November will be competition against Spiderman 3 which is also a box office crusher.
May,June, 2021 will be a possible slot

That’s what I mean about everything dropping in 2021. I can see Dune in the summer, Batman and Halloween Kills in the fall, etc.

If you want to talk about music there has been a ton of great music already this year. Besides the incredible Fiona Apple record you also got the Armand Hammer, MIKE, Hum, Charli XCX, Boris, Empty Country, Ka, Cindy Lee, Califone, Preservation, RTJ4, Alfredo, KeiyaA, 070 Shake... heck, even the new Bob Dylan is good.

It is definitely a slower year for movies for obvious reasons but Netflix has been a life-saver in 2020 with Time to Hunt, The Half of It, What Would Jack Do?, Da 5 Bloods, The Old Guard, and then we got some pretty exciting projects coming in September with Charlie Kaufman's I'm Thinking of Ending Things with Jessie Buckley, Jesse Plemons, Toni Collette, and David Thewlis and then Antonio Campos' The Devil All The Time with Tom Holland, Robert Pattinson, Jason Clarke, Eliza Scanlen, Riley Keough, Sebastian Stan, Bill Skarsgard, Haley Bennet, Mia Wasikowska... Very pumped for those two movies.

Also really liked Palm Springs on Hulu and The Vast of Night on Prime. Not to mention Sonic the Hedgehog and the really wonderful Director's Cut of Doctor Sleep.

You mentioned S3 of DARK but we also got S2 of THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY on Netflix coming. Earlier this year we got INTO THE NIGHT and S2 of KINGDOM on Netflix, too, both great. I haven't watched a lot of other new TV seasons this year, other than PICARD which had its moments but overall kind of disappointed me. It is hard to keep up with all the great TV and 2020 hasn't been any different in that regard, lot of seasons I read good things about that I haven't had a a chance to watch yet.

Videogame-wise, well, I own a Switch. So yeah. Not the best year for the Switch, haha, or even Switch news given that so far Nintendo has been real quiet about their big projects in the works.

Whats the ****ing point of a trailer right now? A week after the trailer is released they'll probably anannounce its delayed it until Chrisgmas 2021.

If they aren't absolutely committed to release the film this December by any means available to them then don't start advertising it.
The point of a trailer is to finally get some damn footage man. :funny:

The point of a trailer is to finally get some damn footage man. :funny:

It's only going to make the inevitable delay and the wait that much worse. Its beginning to feel inconsiderate and like salt in the wound. These studios know they won't commit to a release, know the chances are high that they will delay a film, and yet still want to tease us.

Thing is they already got the marketing going with the vanity fair issue. They don't want people to forget this movie is coming out. There will never be a right time to market this movie at this point. They also have to be prepared to release this film on time no matter what. And that involves a staggered release (states might get the film last). I'd rather get some footage regardless of how far off the movie is. The first trailer for top gun came out december 2019. I don't think we'll be suffering as bad as fans of that specific film.

It's only going to make the inevitable delay and the wait that much worse. Its beginning to feel inconsiderate and like salt in the wound. These studios know they won't commit to a release, know the chances are high that they will delay a film, and yet still want to tease us.
Nah. It's going to come out when it comes out, whether I see footage now or later. I just want to see some damn footage. It's the same for Wonder Woman. I want to see new and different footage.

I have a crazy idea for you...just don‘t watch those trailers until it‘s safe, when this movies will be released in cinemas.
In the meantime let those, who desperately waiting for almost 5 months enjoy a little new content

I have a crazy idea for you...just don‘t watch those trailers until it‘s safe, when this movies will be released in cinemas.
In the meantime let those, who desperately waiting for almost 5 months enjoy a little new content
be9hduD.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"