Dune

Trailer, I summon you!
Try....
giphy.gif

Maybe we'll get a trailer or some kind of footage during the comic con at home stream late july. Also there are going to be reshoots/additional shooting in august. Oscar Isaac will be flying to hungary for it, so take from that what you will.

Well he has until whenever in august to grow it back, god forbid they have to CGI that in.

It should be a crime for filmmakers to not have him rock his beard in films... I'm looking at you Star Wars.

Hans Zimmer on Bond, ‘Dune,’ ‘Lion King’ and Scoring Amid the Pandemic – Variety

We’re all tremendously excited about the musical possibilities of “Dune,” which, last we heard, was scheduled for a December release. Where are you on that one?

Right now I’m in the middle of making these sounds. I just have these ideas, and it’s like this every day. I’m doing all these experiments, and I have no idea if any of them will ever really end up in the movie. But we are so dedicated, trying to do something different, to do solid and honorable work, and do justice to the book.

It’s such a great canvas for a composer — so many directions you might go.

And I am. And some of them will probably be complete and utter disasters. But I’m having a go. Absolutely full on. I’m being obnoxious and telling people I need more time. The usual.

Well he has until whenever in august to grow it back, god forbid they have to CGI that in.

If that’s the case, maybe Leto will just appear in a grainy cell phone video at the beginning of the movie. That way no one will ever be able to tell. Not at all.

So is it the one that Paul and Jessica escaped on?

Nice, I didn’t realise we had set photos.

Villeneuve Isn’t Ready to Rewatch ‘Blade Runner 2049,’ Says Deakins Influenced ‘Dune’

Denis Villeneuve and Roger Deakins became one of the last decade’s most prolific director/cinematographer pairings thanks to “Prisoners,” “Sicario,” and “Blade Runner 2049,” all three of which earned Deakins Oscar nominations for Best Cinematography. Deakins won the Academy Award for “Blade Runner 2049.” The success of the Villeneuve/Deakins partnership made the news that the two would be splitting up on “Dune” a bit of a disappointment. While “Dune” is in great hands with “Lion” and “Rogue One” cinematographer Greig Fraser, Villeneuve says there’s a bit of Deakins in the tentpole regardless, as the lessons he learned from Deakins loom large over the movie.

“When I am working with you, I’m going to be in a position where I’m going to learn about filmmaking every day,” Villeneuve told Deakins during a visit this week on the “Team Deakins” podcast. “I’m in a learning process working with you. It’s very rewarding and exciting. Right now I am doing VFX on ‘Dune,’ and I found myself talking about light and asking for things and I’m like, ‘I know it’s Roger.’ I know that I can do things [because of Roger].”

Villeneuve continued, “I realize how much sometimes the amount of things I’ve learned from you. I’m not saying you’ll agree with me when you see the thing, but I just know of sensibilities that I strongly increased being with you and working on ‘Blade Runner.’ It was a formative experience. To design the movie from the storyboards until the very end by your side, it’s insane the amount of things I learned.”

I still can't get over that Deakins was unavailable for this.
Maybe we'll get a trailer or some kind of footage during the comic con at home stream late july. Also there are going to be reshoots/additional shooting in august. Oscar Isaac will be flying to hungary for it, so take from that what you will.
I wonder two things. How extensive the reshoots are going to be and how they're doing them when Fraser is shooting The Batman.

I get from Villenueve's perspective about Blade Runner, but hopefully he can take some solace that people love it.

Last edited:
Did they shoot both movies at once or did they just shoot part one?

well very soon could mean in 1-3 months - with that amount of post production...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"