Dust 514

Mercenary Holocon

on Wednesday, 24 April 2013. Posted in Blog

To celebrate fanfest CCP is holding a special event. From today - April 24th through to Thursday May 2nd they will be holding the “Mercenary Holocon” and during this event period all beta testers will be eligible to receive 3X Skill Points for every battle they fight in game! The skill point cap will also be raised accordingly.
In conjunction with the Mercenary Holocon event, they are also having a 40% off discount on 7-day Active Boosters, so don’t miss out on this great opportunity to play DUST 514 and earn extra Skill Points.
See you on the battlefield!

Continue Reading

Source:DUST 514 Base

DUST 514 launch-day roundup

(4 hours ago)
Sci-Fi, Launches, MMO Industry, New Titles, PvP, News Items, DUST 514

This is it, soldier! Training is over, and it's time to head out to war. DUST 514 settles today, officially launching into the New Eden universe also occupied by EVE Online. Available only on the PlayStation 3, this shooter pits forces against each other in a ground assault while orbital strikes rain down from EVE allies and enemies above. Are you ready?

Ah, trapped behind a desk for a while still, are you? Well, don't worry; if you won't have the opportunity to soothe your itchy trigger finger until later, we've got some things to tide you over until you can join the fray yourself. Check out the factional warfare, learn about rewards, and much more in the hands-on experiences, screenshots, videos, news, and impressions after the break. Continue Reading

source:Massively

CCP claims DUST 514 is 'driving' PS3 sales

(6 hours ago)
Sci-Fi, MMO Industry, Free-to-Play, Consoles, MMOFPS, DUST 514

DUST 514 may be causing the CCP faithful to go out and buy a PlayStation 3, Vice President Thor Gunnarsson suggested. He claims that sales for Sony's console are increasing thanks to the popularity of the sci-fi MMOFPS.

"We already see that DUST 514, during open beta, had been driving hardware sales for Sony. We actually track that together," Gunnarsson said. "We know that our fanbase, DUST-curious players, are buying the PlayStation 3 to get into our game."

Recently, the studio claimed that DUST 514 was vital to the "long-term trajectory" of the company.

Will Dust make the journey to PS4 like DCUO?

They haven't really said. or I just haven't bee paying attention to them since E3 started.

ok this was the latest on them

E3 2013: Check out DUST 514's new trailer, EVE Online screenies
(2 days ago)
Sci-Fi, Galleries, Screenshots, Trailers, Video, EVE Online, Free-to-Play, MMOFPS, Events (Massively's Coverage), DUST 514, Sandbox

Sometimes a space cowboy or cowgirl just wants to gaze out of the cockpit and marvel at the beauty of the cosmos. Sometimes being that pensive is a good way to get podded, but at least those final moments are spent in awe.

So whether or not you're facing imminent combat, we've got some new CCP eye candy for you. Below are several new screenshots from EVE Online: Odyssey and DUST 514, and after the break is the E3 trailer for DUST called Fight Your Own War. Enjoy!

[Source: CCP Games]

Continue Reading

More coverage: DUST 514, EVE Online

But I think it's very likely it will .

Last edited:
Will Dust make the journey to PS4 like DCUO?

There has been no word about it. Since Dust was designed specifically for the PS3, I'm going to say it's not likely (at least not anytime soon).

DCUO can make the shift more easily because it was also built for the PC.

I'm sure they will make the effort to do so eventually.

There has been no word about it. Since Dust was designed specifically for the PS3, I'm going to say it's not likely (at least not anytime soon).

DCUO can make the shift more easily because it was also built for the PC.

That makes sense for DCUO, I don't mind if it doesn't as I keep forgetting to get back into it with all the other games floating around.

E3 2013: DUST 514 and EVE's virtual reality demo

(2 hours ago)
Sci-Fi, EVE Online, Game Mechanics, Previews, PvP, News Items, Opinion, Hands-On, Events (Massively's Coverage), DUST 514, Sandbox, MMORPG

To an outsider, CCP Games' focus on EVE Online's player panel, comics, incoming television series about player adventures, and museum induction show just how much the company works to earn its players' respect, which might sound weird for studio running a cutthroat PvP sandbox. But I've always felt as if I made stronger personal attachments through high-stakes PvP than through most other gaming activities. I don't play EVE or its console cousin DUST 514, but after stopping by the CCP booth for my interview and hands-on at E3 yesterday, I feel as if I should be doing more than reading and writing about it. Continue Reading

source:Massively

DUST 514 issues a challenge to all players

(17 hours ago)
Sci-Fi, Events (In-Game), News Items, MMOFPS, DUST 514, Promotions

There are a lot of players who have been enjoying themselves in DUST 514. Veterans and potential new players alike will have more reasons to enjoy themselves, as the Mordu's Challenge event starts today and runs until Thursday, July 18th. Mordu's Legion is one of the most respected mercenary companies in the universe of EVE Online, and as cloned mercenaries take to the battlefield in greater numbers, the company is issuing challenges to these clones to see if they can stand up to the pressure.

So what can you get out of participation? A whole lot of weapons and armor, that's what. Kill 100 enemies, hack 100 objectives, assist in 100 kills, or destroy 100 installations, and you get an appropriate set of gear for your preferred playstyle. Hit all four objectives and you get an even bigger prize. There's no registration required, so take the time over the next week to log in and start showing how great you can be.

DUST 514 1.4 update to bring usability changes, taxes

(1 hour ago)
Sci-Fi, EVE Online, Patches, PvP, News Items, Free-to-Play, MMOFPS, DUST 514, Sandbox, MMORPG

dust514.jpg
On September 3rd, CCP will deliver its biggest update yet to EVE Online-linked, PS3-exclusive shooter DUST 514. Among the changes are performance tweaks, bug fixes, and controller/mouse control improvements, along with the introduction of a hub for collecting player data.

And because this is CCP we're talking about, DUST 514 players can also look forward to the addition of corporation taxes. Simply put, player corporations can set their tax rates to whatever they please, and members of those corporations will see the proper amount of ISK deducted from end-of-battle rewards. As in EVE, corporations are free to spend tax revenue in whatever manner they see fit; corps that exist in both DUST and EVE will have one tax rate for both games.

It's worth noting that tax rates will be publicly available to players searching for a corp, only rewards greater than 100,000 ISK will be subject to taxation, and NPC corps will have 0% tax rates.

IF I download the game will there be tons of big updates?since there's like 14 DLC items I'm guessing they are tied into updates and so it'd be a long time to download the game and I fear hours of updates plus game being installed.

I'm thinking of just waiting for Planetside 2 on PS4 But I get very curious about this every time I see it on the PSN Store

It depends how much space you have on your hard drive . And if you want to play it badly. As for planet side 2 most definitely pick that up for the ps4.

CCP still sees 'massive opportunity' on PS3 for DUST 514

(3 hours ago)
Sci-Fi, MMO Industry, PvP, News Items, Free-to-Play, DUST 514

CCP is apparently content to keep DUST 514 on the PlayStation 3 for the time being, even though there's no exclusivity deal preventing it from appearing on other platforms. CEO Hilmar Petursson recently told Eurogamer that "there isn't anything preventing us from doing anything like that other than focus and prioritization."

"It's easy to go and look at all the new shiny things that are coming but we don't want to be doing that. We want to stick to our guns," Petursson said. "There are 80 million PlayStation 3s and we have a free-to-play game; I think there is a massive opportunity in continuing to work on that throughout next year." If that sounds like CCP isn't quite sure whether or not it will bring DUST to the upcoming PlayStation 4, well, yes. "We just haven't decided," Petursson said. "It's just as simple as that. It can, technically, be [on the PS4]. There's nothing preventing it, it's just not what we're focusing on."

Dust 514 'Uprising' update brings streamlined tutorials, new corp roles

(21 minutes ago)

An update coming to CCP's PS3-exclusive, free-to-play shooter Dust 514 is expected to completely revamp the game's tutorials, offering players a more focused breakdown on how to be successful in the game. As stated in our original preview of Dust 514 when it went into beta in 2012, the shooter's systems can be daunting. The new objective-based tutorial system aims to streamline the game's mechanics for new players.

"Our target audience is, for the most part, gamers who are familiar with other console first-person shooters and want to try something a little more interesting. This led us to focus primarily on teaching the differences between Dust and other FPS games, rather than trying to teach people, for example, what a gun is and how to move around," CCP Senior Game Designer Matthew Woodward explained in a post on the European PlayStation Blog. The tutorials will focus on how to join battles, proper outfitting of gear (dropsuits) and training skills.

The new tutorial system will arrive in an update dubbed Uprising, scheduled for release in "early October." The update also includes the ability to find and join squads and the new corporation roles that allow for better delegation from corp (somewhat like clans) bosses.

!
494_32.png
DUST 514: Uprising Dusts off DUST Uprising 1.5, the largest and most comprehensive patch since DUST 514 debuted last year, has made a lot of players very happy. We check in with Atli Mar Sveinsson to find out more about the changes brought about with Upr ... Read more...

494_32.gif
DUST 514: Focused on More MMO in The MMOFPS
During a recent event in Las Vegas, we spent time with CCP's DUST 514 team talking about the future of the MMOFPS. As the title indicates, devs have a clear-cut goal in mind for the future. See why they're focused as such before heading to the comments.
With that in mind, the focus for the Dust team over the next year will be to put more “MMO” in their “MMOFPS”. The first step in accomplishing this goal is to make it relevant to people who know nothing about EVE get into the game. The lore and meaning behind what you’re actually doing and how it relates to the other game can be confusing to those who aren’t familiar with it. Finding a way to make the game appeal to a broader range of players is a constant work in progress for any MMO, and while they aren’t quite ready to tell us everything they have in mind down the line, they do promise something cool and immersive.
Read more of Blake Morse's DUST 514: Focused on More MMO in The MMOFPS.

source:mmorpg.com

Last edited:
DUST 514: Uprising upgrades factional warfare, vehicles, and more

(10 hours ago)
Sci-Fi, EVE Online, Game Mechanics, PvP, News Items, MMOFPS, DUST 514

The Uprising has begun. Today, CCP rolls out DUST 514's 1.7 update, dubbed Uprising, which includes new weapons, a new volcano-themed battleground, and an overhauled vehicle system. On top of that, the studio is strengthening the link between the ground game and EVE Online. Oh, and you can shoot your comrades now, too!

Two new rifles join the game's arsenal: the Minmatar Combat Rifle (short and medium ranges) and the Caldari Rifle (for long range). The vehicle changes, while streamlining vehicle fitting and laying a foundation for future vehicle variations, also address some players requests; temporary lock-timers will prevent anyone other than vehicle owners and squadmates from hopping in a vehicle (for five and 15 seconds, respectively) after it is deployed.

If you want higher stakes in factional warfare, you've got it, as friendly fire has been enabled. Additionally, players participating in factional contracts will receive loyalty point that can buy exclusive faction-aligned weapons. And those orbital strikes? Those have to be earned by capsuleers in EVE Online by securing orbiting satellites. More details are available on the official site.

[Source: CCP press release]

DUST 514 jacks up its arsenal but nerfs damage output

(1 day ago)
Sci-Fi, Patches, Previews, Free-to-Play, MMOFPS, DUST 514, Dev Diaries

DUST 514's small-arms arsenal is getting a few new options with Uprising 1.8. The patch will add three new guns and reduce damage to allow for longer fights.

The new guns include the Caldari Bolt Pistol, a high-DPS, small-clip handgun; the Caldari Magsec SMG, a semi-automatic with higher damage than other SMGs; and the Gallente Ion Pistol, a plasma-shooting beast that punches right through enemies' armor and shields.

The devs said that they will be tweaking time-to-kill in 1.8 by reducing the power of high-level damage modifiers, taking one grenade away from what players could previously hold at a time, reducing base damage for several weapons, and applying weapon proficiency skill bonuses against either shields or armor.

hmmm haven't touched this in a while

Kill lots of DUST 514 players and you'll get to name the weapon you used

(13 hours ago)
Sci-Fi, Contests, Events (In-Game), Game Mechanics, MMO Industry, PvP, News Items, Free-to-Play, DUST 514

dust.jpg
Want to name a weapon DUST 514? Log in and start killing, then. CCP is hosting a competition to name the new officer variants of everything from assault rifles to mass drivers to shotguns in its EVE shooter sidequel. From now through July 21st, players with the most kills on a single weekend using a base prototype weapon will get to pick that weapon's name and will also receive 30 copies of it.

Each weekend's score is tallied individually, CCP says. Full details are available at the DUST 514 website.

Not yet. They made two other new ip's from the eve universe those that will be on the ps4. though one of them was cancelled or I should say is being reworked into something else.

you'll have both planet side 2 a
nd Destiny in the mean time. So you'll kinda won't miss this. Besides you don't want to overload it with one to may MMo's they demand a lot of space as it is ad the other games you might want to play won't be tolerated by those for space. o matter how pc like the dev's of the console claim i't become like

Last edited:
Project Legion first look: shooting and looting in the Eve Online universe

at 10:00 on 23 July 2014

Dust 514 was a PlayStation 3-only FPS set in the EVE universe. Its limitations and flaws were obvious. Now CCP are bringing a reimagined version of Dust to PC, with a greater focus on community, customisation and emergence. It’s an attempt to marry the freeform, story-generating magic of EVE to a modern multiplayer shooter. DayZ, curiously, comes to mind.

Also with

Dust 514 developers talk Project Legion: "New Eden deserves a PC shooter"

20-03-2015 • 4 days 14 hours ago

dust%20514%20legion%20header.png

At last year’s Eve Fanfest, CCP announced a free-to-play PC FPS named Project Legion. It was to be developed by the Dust 514 team in Shanghai - built on the PS3 shooter’s foundations but taking into account what they’d learned making it.
The message this year is quite different. Project Legion isn’t dead, but the focus for now is on making Dust better, before working out how it might translate to the PC.
Comments2

source: Pc gamer & Pc gamesn.com

Last edited:

DUST 514 : Player Trading Feature to be Added Soon

Posted Apr 15, 2015

The DUST 514 team has published a new developer blog that reveals the first details about the forthcoming Player Trading System to be implemented later this month. According to the blog, player trading will be a "trust-based system" with mercs able to send items and ISK back and forth among those on contact lists.
Based on Loyalty Rank 4, Corporation Logistics Officers will also be able to collect and redistribute items among members to facilitate Planetary Conquest battles.
Read more about the basics of Player Trading on the DUST 514 site.
DUST.jpg
Permalink | 4 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/page/2#p2PwroTmfsrurmEp.99

source: MMORPG.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back