TGS/X06 XBL Content announcement.

Mentok

Avenger
Reaction score
http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/09/18/Brinigng-it-Home-TGS-X06.aspx

Starting Wednesday, September 20, through Friday, September 29, connected gamers can access the best content from the Tokyo Game Show in Japan and X06 in Barcelona, Spain, including highlights from both press briefings, daily updates and behind the scenes videos from the show floors as well as the hottest playable game demos and videos in high definition. The majority of this content will only be available until 12:00 a.m. PDT on September 29, so be sure to download everything you want while it is available.

In total, more than 100 pieces of new downloadable content will be available to gamers during the nine day period, including a never before announced major franchise on Xbox Live Arcade. In addition to new playable game demos, there will also be new game videos from the following titles being showcased at Tokyo Game Show and/or X06:

o Call of Duty® 3 (Activision)
o Forza Motorsport 2 (Microsoft Game Studios)
o Kane & Lynch: Dead Men (Eidos)
o Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom (Microsoft)
o Project Sylpheed (Square-Enix)
o Shrek the Third ™ (Activision)
o Viva Piñata (Microsoft Game Studios)
o Plus additional high definition videos from games to be announced at Tokyo Game Show and X06

For gamers looking to further personalize their Xbox 360 experience Xbox Live will feature new picture packs and themes for titles including Alan Wake, Fable 2, Mass Effect and Forza Motorsport 2. Gamers also will be able to download a free picture pack, theme and an exclusive scene prior to the SCI FI Channel's Battlestar Galactica season premiere on October 6th (US only).

http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/community/news/events/bringithome/default.htm

Bring It Home with Xbox Live Marketplace!

Xbox Live® has your V.I.P. ticket to two of the biggest weekends in video games!

The Tokyo Game Show is one of the largest international events in video games, and it begins September 20. The theme of this year's show is, "New Excitement. New Sensations. A New Generation."

X06 is taking place in Barcalona, Spain, beginning September 27. At X06, Microsoft will unveil more plans for Xbox 360™, showcasing the breadth of the next-generation line-up of games and the next wave of accessories.

Third-party publishers and developers will also have a strong presence, and will be using X06 as a platform to unveil major announcements and showcase upcoming Xbox 360 titles.

If You Can't Be There, COME HERE!

Can't make it to Tokyo or Barcalona? Don't worry, Xbox Live is bringing the Tokyo Game Show and X06 into EVERYONE'S home on Xbox Live Marketplace.

EXCLUSIVE PREVIEWS AND DEMOS
Get backstage access to the hottest games and info before anyone else. Also get your hands on exclusive downloads from Marketplace only available this week!

GAME AND CONTENT DOWNLOADS
Check back every day for the newest downloadable map packs, themes, gamer pictures, and other content from your favorite games and the newest titles!

BEHIND THE SCENES VIDEOS
Watch exclusive coverage from the show floors, including press briefings, developer interviews, and special sneak peeks at games in development!

Prepare yourself for exclusive content, new game downloads, and behind-the-scenes show coverage on Xbox Live Marketplace. Our round-the-clock coverage begins September 20 at 7:01 P.M. and runs through September 30 at 6:59 P.M.

Still no firm word on what demos are coming though :mad: :down

Yeah... I hope its something worth the hype.

Hopefully a Dead Rising Text Patch is included during that week :woot:

New XBL Arcade title - Dig Dug

Just give me a LOST PLANET multiplayer demo BEFORE saturday :cmad:

Mentok said:
Just give me a LOST PLANET multiplayer demo BEFORE saturday :cmad:

Im looking for a Superman Returns demo, but im sure that a looooooong shot.

I'm waiting for the Lost Odyssey demo (an hour long!!!)...

I'm really pulling for that demo, if Blue Dragon also has a demo then I'll be in demo paradise...

Cth said:
New XBL Arcade title - Dig Dug

Article says - including a never before announced major franchise on Xbox Live Arcade

I doubt Dig Dug is the Xbox Live Arcade Title as according to this article it has never been aounced & Dig Dug is not major or a franchise. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't there rumor's of Perfect Dark 64 or Goldeneye 64 heading to XBOX Live Arcade someday ?

The ALL NEW XBLA title is -

Yie Ar Kung Fu

a "Japan-exclusive Xbox Live Arcade game" and "one of the very first fighting games" will be released in 2007

You can have an orgasm now Blas :up:

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/09/21/Bringing-it-Home-Day-2.aspx

Bringing it Home - Day 2

The following free content is now available on the Xbox Live Marketplace in all regions.
Items with a * are available in Japan only.

Trailers:
Vista Game Montage
Fusion Frenzy 2 trailer
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom trailer
Team Fortress 2 trailer
Table Tennis trailer*

Theme:
TGS Theme

Still no Game Demo action (Apart from the japanese only TENCHU demo) :mad:

Mentok said:

Yie Ar Kung Fu

a "Japan-exclusive Xbox Live Arcade game" and "one of the very first fighting games" will be released in 2007

Yessssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!

Mentok said:

Yie Ar Kung Fu

That sucks we are stuck with stupid ass Picture Themes & Japan gets real games. ****ing Microsoft

Just get a Japanese silver account, it's pretty easy to do. I'll probably end up doing that when they (hopefully) release the Blue Dragon demo on live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"