Eight Days (Title Might Change)

Orb

Lord of Demons
Reaction score
Here is the thread for Eight Days only for PS3. I wanna ask what is going on? There was only one trailer and it was released in E3'06.What are your thoughts on it? I think it looks amazing. Here are some rumors:

- It has a new name... No I do not know it.. but it's not going to be called Eight days no more.

- It is not going to be a digital distributed game as previously thought. I.E. 1 day is a chapter released over a set period of time on the PSN. They might do this, but they have a full retail version.

- The release date is set for October of 08

- The game takes place across 8 different states and 8 days.

- You play as 1 of 2 characters... both have their own story line and both have their own abilities and specialties and what not. 1 character is a bad guy... The other a good guy. The bad guy is out for revenge on his former mob team who left him out to dry and the other is a detective who's son has been kidnapped by the mod syndicate. The two join up to get revenge or what ever.

- The animation system is like nothing you've ever seen. It even rivals that of Uncharted if you go off the dev's.

- It'll be the 1st game to ever implement Google mapper into it's core mechanics.

- The game has real time day to night. If you play at night, the game will be set at night. If you play in the day... It'll be played in the day. So forth and so on.

- The game pushes you on instead of back... The game is so expansive that you literally have no time to go back. It's all forward and you'll never revist a location. You're constantly on the move. That doesn't mean you can't go back the way you came, it just means you're better off going on your way as time and meeting new people is crucial and setting up new events leads to your ultimate goal.

for instance, if you miss a contact in "said" location and town... you'll have to try and catch up to them before its too late.
They said... Think of it as an action move. A non stop ride from start to finish. We want you always moving and going and not expecting what's next.

Source:http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=145154342&blogID=361680129

Thoughts?

Here is the E3 trailer:http://youtube.com/watch?v=RDOZvKWXDP4

i like changing objectives and realworld time effecting the game. basically have to see more or know more about the dev to get hyped tho. might have okay replayability if they keep it a decent length and you learn to push how much you can do in a certain area. obviously how shooting and driving controls would be a big factor.

Its great to FINALLY get some details on this game, I thought it looked amazing. :up:

Looks a little weird to me, but it could turn out awesome, who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"