Elizabeth Banks Stars in “The Magic School Bus“ | Universal Pictures

I don't think Banks isn't talented, she's cool on screen and does her thing, but I think she might be turning into bad luck.

With this movie, we'll see if she's on Summer Glau's level.

She's the best thing in Power Rangers. Alpha 5 is pretty good too but the rest doesn't work for me much at all. The asethetic is complete trash and the choice to go so straight-forward sucked to me. I wanted something that looked bright and colorful with tongue in cheek humor where the Rangers are smart asses taking the piss out of the giant floating head and those doofy monsters they fight.

That's what I really want. Actual teenagers with attitude dealing with all the other characters being roughly their same dumb ass selves from the original series.

Maybe don't go as comedic I want but just do the show, and make the movie self-aware, lampshade the hell out of it. Get one of the two Whedon disciples who are directing now. Honestly, the time travel reboot idea could be cool if the take involves lovingly ribbing the show.

Agreed. She made the most of Rita, and I liked that little pseudo Jamaican accent she gave her too, but for sure she was the main highlight of PR. I even liked the kids who played the Rangers, I personally didn't think it was a bad movie, genuinely enjoyed it for what it was. They have to work on big little things next time, like including morphers, communicators, better designs for the zords, etc.

I think it was alright til it’s third act when suddenly it just got too similar to the kids tv show and lost what it set up

It didn't win me over much. Sucked most of the fun you can have watching the original show now. Plus when they actually do things like character arcs it stands out because IT IS Power Rangers.

I mean Riverdale works so this kinda CW/Freeform let's pretend we're serious on the surface and make everything look blue and washed out, while we're still funny in a different way thing works sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"