• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ellen Page to Star in Freeheld

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=66138

Source: The Hollywood Reporter
May 18, 2010

Ellen Page (Inception) will star in a dramatic feature based on Cynthia Wade's award-winning short documentary Freeheld for Endgame Entertainment.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Ron Nyswaner (Philadelphia) is writing the screenplay "based on the true story of New Jersey car mechanic Stacie Andree, who'll be played by Page, and her police detective girlfriend Laurel Hester, who both battled to secure Hester's pension benefits after she was diagnosed with a terminal illness."

Wade's doc won the Oscar for best short documentary in 2008.
Little bit of Oscar bait for Ellen.

I'm a big fan of Ellen and this sounds like another great role for her. Plus, it will be fun watching her make out with another chick, although I'm sure the movie will be really depressing (as it should be).

Playing a lesbian? Not too much of a stretch for her, I think.

Playing a lesbian? Not too much of a stretch for her, I think.

:whatever:

I know that there have been internet rumors about this over the years, but unless Ellen comes out and says she's a lesbian, making unfounded statements like this is pretty obnoxious.

:whatever:

I know that there have been internet rumors about this over the years, but unless Ellen comes out and says she's a lesbian, making unfounded statements like this is pretty obnoxious.

Calm down.

I do love that SNL sketch with her talking about hugging another woman with her legs.

Ellen Page lesbian scene! Alright!:awesome: haha I remember being disappointed when she dropped out of another film that had her play a lesbian.

Reading some posts in this thread is kind of amusing now. :hehe:
I was thinking the same thing. :funny:

I'll probably be checking this one out eventually, sounds like it could be good.

http://cdn.****************.com/wp-content/uploads/freeheld-poster.jpg
http://cdn.****************.com/wp-content/uploads/freeheld-1.jpg
http://cdn.****************.com/wp-content/uploads/freeheld-2.jpg

Sounds like it could be really good. That's an impressive cast and it's an important story to tell.

Isn't Julianne Moore a little old for Ellen Page?

Well, Laurel Hester, the woman Moore is playing, lived to be 49, which is close to Moore's age. And the woman Page is playing, Stacie Andree, was 30 at the time. So they're pretty close to the age of their real-life counterparts.

Hey, Julianne Moore has the body of a 25-year-old and that scene in Chloe PROVED it. :D

Release date for ‪#‎Freeheld‬ has been announced by Kate Aurthur via Buzzfeed. October 2nd in limited cinemas and October 16 worldwide! Trailer will be revealed soon! ‪#‎equality‬
from the Facebook page.

[YT]FX9KLZlE344[/YT]

Looks really good, Julianne Moore is a phenomenal actress and Ellen Page is one of the best young actresses working today. The supporting cast is also strong.

What I thought worked in the trailer is that they have an important story to tell and there is obviously going to be a great deal of sadness in it, but they also seem to be showing the happy side of their life together and infusing even the serious parts with a dose of humour, which I think is a good idea in films that are built around heavy material, you want to get a sense of the people not just their worst hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"