Revenge of the Fallen Empire Online's ROTF Trailer Breakdown

rashad

Hype Board Junkie
Reaction score
Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen Trailer Breakdown
With exclusive quotes from the cast and crew about what's really going on
http://www.empireonline.com/feature...e-of-the-fallen-trailer-breakdown/default.asp

There's 19 slides in all. But here's a few with some interesting tidbits.

8.jpg

Twin Engine
But not all the new robots are hellbent on eviscerating humanity. Two of the new additions to the Autobot team can be seen here, behind Bumblebee. Called Skids and Mudflap (aka "The Twins"), they are hybrid cars who can transform separately or combine into one big 'bot, and were actually dreamed up by Bay himself. "I had the idea to introduce these two dumb little Transformers," he explains. "They're brothers who are really stupid and argue with each other all the time - they're great for kids."

10.jpg

The Sands Of Prime
"This movie is Lawrence Of Arabia meets Apocalypse Now," promises ILM's Scott Farrar. Indeed, the second half of the movie takes place in the camel-ridden deserts of the Middle East, from Oman to Luxor. Here we see Sam, Mikhaela, Simmons, Bumblebee and The Twins in Petra, Jordon, where the climax of Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade was set. "We're giving this movie a sense of adventure that the first movie didn't have by going all over the world," promises Lorenzo diBonaventura.

11.jpg

A Bit Glyphy
These ancient symbols play a key role in the plot. "We're going to show you that the hieroglyphics in the pyramids are actually pictures of Transformers," says diBonaventura. "The movie actually opens before the pyramids were built. We tie the Transformers into the beginnings of civilisation."

14.jpg

Blade Two
After hacking off Bonecrusher's head in the first movie, Optimus Prime has now upgraded his weaponry to include a secondary blade (this may be the geekiest sentence we have ever written). But despite his ash-kicking in the trailer, there is evidence to suggest that Prime will not survive the sequel. His vehicle form wasn't on set in Cairo and Sam's scream of "Optimus!" here implies something horrible is happening to him off-screen.

19.jpg

Total Devastation
Devastator hoovers up the Sahara in the final battle. "I personally thought the ending of the first movie was pretty weak," admits Bay. "For one thing, I had to shoot the city battle on five separate blocks, which made it confusing and hard to follow. But the climax here is much clearer in terms of the landmarks and what the endgame is. And it's a really cool scene. You'll never have seen anything like it before."

It was definitely a good read.

If Prime dies...AGAIN. I am not going to be happy and might have to skip Transformers 3. it's like one person telling a joke they find to be really funny and everyone else just wants to punch them in the face.

If Prime dies...AGAIN. I am not going to be happy and might have to skip Transformers 3. it's like one person telling a joke they find to be really funny and everyone else just wants to punch them in the face.

Yeah, good read but dont want Prime dying this early, maybe, MAYBE I would be okay with it in the 3rd movie, but as of yet they havent introduced an Autobot that could suitably replace him.

lol Maybe they will introduce Rodimus .

anyone else notice the website on the back of the guys shirt in the image of turturro?

pretty sure its www.therealeffingdeal.com

just comes up asking for a username and password.

If Prime does die, it would have to be at the end of the movie after he has combined with Jetfire.

I do get a real bad feeling about Sam screaming "Optimus" in the trailer..... :(

We see Optimus is Robot mode in Egypt in the trailer. I assume that they didn't take the truck over there because it would have required a larger plane to ship it over.

Isn't Prime suppose to combine with Jetfire at some point as well?

Sam screams "Optimus!" because Megatron, Starscream and Blackout are kicking his ash. That's all. Either another Autobot comes into rescue, or Prime will get up and go double-swords on some Decepticon asses.

I don't see Optimus dying.

His combining with Jetfire seems like it would fit in for some heroic entrance in the final battle with The Fallen and Devastator.

Prime's not gonna die.

The part with the swords probably takes place after Megatron throws him. He gets up, whips his swords out and starts kicking arse.

Trailers are all over the place. You'd think Empire would know this, being a movie magazine and all.

Are the spoiler boxes necessary in the "Spoilers" forum?

:p

Thanks for the link

Prime's not gonna die.

The part with the swords probably takes place after Megatron throws him. He gets up, whips his swords out and starts kicking arse.

Trailers are all over the place. You'd think Empire would know this, being a movie magazine and all.

Well perhaps they know more then we do. EMPIRE is doing the the same thing us forums uers are doing , which is trying to form a part of the story by combining news reports , trailers footage , spy reports etc.
In their case they've probably seen the cars of various other bots ( like bumblebee & the twins) being present at the desert shoot.

Then again why would you need the the truck when the script calls for Optimus to fight in his robot form

Edit :
Also if i'm not mistaken , the children's color book did have Prime fighting in the final desert battle

Am I the only one getting a Jar Jar Binks vibe after reading Bay's comment about the twins?

So Skids and Mudflap are the Transformer version of Casey Affleck and Scott Caan from the Ocean's # movies.

Prime's not gonna die.

Yes I think so too. Kinda like Prime is meeting with them in order for them to form an alliance to take down Devastator (or the fallen). And Prime tries to be the bigger man and Megatron doesn't want to show his fellow decepticons that he needs the autobots help, so he kicks Prime flying away. And Prime gets up and is all like "That's it" and flips out his swords and kick their asses.

Optimus get's hurt really bad, close to death. Jetfire combines/sacrifices himself to save Optimus. The combined Optimus/Jetfire enters in the last minute to whoop some Decepticon's arse. Most notably defeating Devestator.

My two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"