Enola Holmes | Netflix

This was a fun sequel and on par with the first movie for me even though I definitely missed the addition of Sam Claflin, but at least we got more scenes of Mille and Cavill who have pretty solid chemistry together.

I'd be down for more sequels/spinoffs in this franchise.

A unique sequel... that expands this world. Cavill continues to Excell in his unique performance as Sherlock. His skills are considerably high quality. That being said Millie definitely owns this part as Enola.

I'd like to see a Spin-off with this version of Holmes having his adventures with Watson. The ending teases that seems to be where things are heading

Solid sequel, still very fun, if I think it might have run a tad too long. Brown continues to be delightful. Cavill is fun enough in the role. I do greatly appreciate them leaning into him being Buff Sherlock with the jokes about his size.

Man, I'm sure the racists and misogynists are fuming though.

And hour and twenty minutes in and so far I'm not enjoying it nearly as much as the first. Only thing that has my interest is the Sherlock stuff. And pretty sure they could cut some of this down so it's not over 2 hours.

I'm about a half an hour from the end, and I've enjoyed this more then the last one. The biggest problem this time is the love story is so blah, just like the last one. But the pacing and mystery is much better this time around. Basically, this is the flick I was hoping the first would be.

Last edited:
I enjoyed it as well.
I liked that Cavill, aka Sherlock, had a more prominent role and this one .

I think I liked this one more than the previous one, though the previous one may be better by a hair.

It definitely helps that Enola isn't just playing off Tewkesbury.

Still, the bit with Enola carrying Buff Sherlock was hilarious.
He really is the worst. Like, I'm sure the actor is fine in other things and is a great guy in real life. But his character is vanilla as anything can be, and I feel like he takes away from Enola. Enola's interactions with her family and other major and minor characters is so much more interesting and fun. Like I genuinely enjoyed her with Sherlock here. Well, when he wasn't doing the deer eye thing. That stuff is so obviously put on. :hehe:

I thought the first movie was modestly charming — mainly due to Brown. But I found the plot and mystery a tad dull. (Based on a single viewing. Perhaps I should give it another try.)

The sequel, however, seemed much more engaging. I also appreciated how showcasing Enola’s detective skills didn’t rely on denigrating Sherlock’s (which would have been the easy/lazy way to elevate the protagonist.) Instead, each sleuth was allowed to shine in their own way.

Watched both of these over the weekend. I liked the first one overall but struggled to stay engaged, but Millie’s charisma carried it. She really is an incredibly gifted actress and i think big big things are ahead for her. I found Enola 2 a lot better, though and enjoyed myself throughout. I didnt quite follow all the plot threads and how one thing led to another but i found both movies fun, affable and charming.

Millie and Cavill are very good together and their brother/sister dynamic really works. This is a good role for Cavill, and im glad they beefed up his part in the sequel, I’d like to see a solo spinoff with his Sherlock, he seems to fit this version of Sherlock well.

I hope theres a 3rd movie.

Last edited:
Still have to watch this but I’ve caught a few cute little videos Millie and Henry did together. The one where they talked about their ideal dance partners was really funny. They really have a great brother/sister dynamic.

Finally watched this today and absolutely adored it. Millie continues to shine as Enola; she’s charming as hell and her fourth wall breaks are as good as anything in She-Hulk or Deadpool. Cavill also is great here; while his huge physique might make someone initially think he’s miscast as Sherlock, his self-serious demeanor and get-out-of-my-way confidence really works for the character. The scenes of Enola and Sherlock working together are really cool and neither character feels like they are being undercut to prop up the other one. Helena Bonham Carter is fun as always and Tewkesbury is a great match for Enola.

I also really liked this new take on
Moriarty. That’s one character that I feel a lot of recent adaptations have gotten wrong… I don’t mind putting a new spin on the Napoleon of Crime, but I didn’t care for Jared Harris (mainly just because the movie sucked overall) or Andrew Scott (poor man’s Joker). But reframing Moriarty as a brilliant Black woman who has grown disgusted by being overlooked and suppressed by all the s***ty men around her? Yes, please. Bring on Enola Holmes 3 and let’s see Enola, Sherlock and our new John Watson (Himesh Patel, hell yeah!) go up against this new Moriarty.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"