Episode 01/06 "I'll Be Judge, I'll Be Jury"

Discussion in 'Batwoman' started by Dr., Oct 26, 2019.

1. Dr. From parts unknown

Scheduled airdate: November 10, 2019

NOTHING AS IT SEEMS – A disturbing death has Gotham reeling and the city reaches out for their new vigilante hero. Luke (Camrus Johnson) confides in Kate (Ruby Rose), while Sophie (Meagan Tandy) asks Jacob (Dougray Scott) for a special assignment. Alice (Rachel Skarsten) continues her nefarious plot against the Kanes, with Catherine (Elizabeth Anweis) being a conduit to part of her plan. Batwoman pays another visit to Mary (Nicole Kang.) Scott Peters directed the episode written by James Stoteraux and Chad Fiveash (#106).

2. Dr. From parts unknown

Promo:

3. NotNickFury Registered

A name-drop of Jack Napier. Nice quick nod to Tim Burton's Batman. That or there's a Joker out there still laying on some pavement after a hard fall.

4. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

So two people know Kate's identity as Batwoman.

5. Dr. From parts unknown

I’m liking the personal character dynamics - and also the smaller scope to the stories. (If I need world-threatening catastrophes and meta-human supervillains, there are other Arrowverse shows to choose from.) However, smallness shouldn’t apply to the action and fight choreography; and they’re still a tad underwhelming. Even if BW can’t physically overpower the bad guy, her smarts and gadgets should prevail.

Observation: This appears to be the first episode without Chicago location scenes. Perhaps the budget for those has finally been depleted. :word:

6. Dr. From parts unknown

Luke and Alice have known for some time. Now, it seems that Sophie and "Mouse" do as well. So, four so far. Batwoman still has a ways to go to get up to Supergirl's level of a non-secret secret identity. :cwink:

Thome216 and vantheman77 like this.
  7. Frodo Registered

Solid episode overall. It attempted to comment on racial profiling and the justice system in its own way via the villain ,albeit in an hour long superhero show with other storylines .

So, not bad overall.

8. Thome216 Registered

It was good one. I'm liking how Batwoman is fumbling as much as she is winning and when she gets overpowered, she gets overpowered. So still showing an amateur vigilante growing into the role. Really liking her interactions with Fox over the radio too, and that apparently Alice/Beth is living just down the street from Wayne Tower!

As to too many people knowing who she is, I'm expecting Sophie and Mouse to die by the time they are done dealing with Alice. Maybe even Alice too, and hopefully they won't have anyone else getting the gist besides Supergirl in the near future.

9. Mani-Man Registered

It was fine.
    I think they have effectivly broken me and turned me into a "Ah the hell with it, lets watch another episode, just for the sake of it" kind of guy.
    I dont really get invested but i somehow dont want to miss a episode either...very weird.

Mysterious and Thome216 like this.
  10. Joined:
    Mar 10, 2015
    Best episode yet

Mysterious likes this.
  11. Thome216 Registered

Insidious is the word.:cwink:

12. Frodo Registered

The show is fine and it has potential imo. Its still finding its sea legs and it does have its flaws which have been pointed out, but all in all , I feel like the show is improving.

I've been critical about aspects of the first few episodes but I keep coming back because there are aspects of the show I like . I certain like it much more than I did Gotham.

I actually like Ruby Rose, and the actors who play Luke, and her stepsister. I've been a Dougray Scott fan going back 20 years now , back to when he was almost Wolverine.

If I didn't like the show at all I wouldn't be watching or commenting on it period.

Mysterious likes this.
  13. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I laughed at the opening and court room scenes.

The voice changer should be used at all times except for people who know she's Batwoman.

Mysterious likes this.
  14. Supperhero Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity

Don't believe the negative hype.

Ruby Rose delivers the best, she has charisma and a good "badass"-type acting.
    Cinematography is far better than The Flash or Supergirl. Great direction too.
    There's the spirit of Batman in this series, and it's fairly entertaining. I love the main plot.

The pilot has been a success, and second and third episodes performed very good nonetheless.
    Episodes 4, 5 and 6 were absolutely brilliant, especially 5 and 6.
    I just finished Episode 6, and it was stunning.

Watch it if you're a Batman fan!

#14 Supperhero, Nov 17, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  15. Supperhero Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity

Nothing to laugh at.

16. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Well, I did.

17. Supperhero Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity

You're weird.

What made you laugh? (warning: do not troll)

18. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

You can keep that warning. The scenes were shot in such goofy ways, I found them funny.

19. Supperhero Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity

You need new eyes. The direction was great, and the scenes were bad-ass.

20. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

lolz