• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Episode 4 - 'Invasion of the Secret Santas!' Discussion Thread

Superman has had 3 references in 4 episodes. This one with Star Labs...

It was a Christmas episode, so I wasn't expect much from it. It was OK

I liked it. I mean...I am certainly liking the GOOOD cheese I get from this show.

I liked seeing the annoying brat Bruce once was. It was an interesting thing to see.

It should be noted that the episode was written by Beechen, a terrible comic writer who was behind all those episodes of THE BATMAN's first season that stunk. Notice that show got better once he wrote fewer episodes.

I actually credit The Batman's improvement to Michael Jelenic, who took a bigger role in seasons two and three, and became story editor for season four. The man is incredibly underrated. He also helped make the second season of Legion of Super-Heroes rock and also works in this show as story editor.

Did you guys notice the screaming woman was always the same? :p Lol.

That was a remarkably melancholy Christmas episode; I'm amazed they got away with making Batman's origin even sadder.

I was disappointed with this episode. I didn't like them turning Bruce into a little brat and tieing that in with his parents murder - there by giving Batman a Spider-Manesque guilt complex.

Well, almost every Batman origin story Bruce is a small factor that put his parents in the wrong place at the wrong time...Heck in Batman Begins it was because Bruce got freaked out by the opera. As for the brat thing, it was an interesting twist as all kids are like that at one time or another in thier lifetime, Bruce just happened to be bratty at the wrong time. I was surprised they went into Batman's backstory with this show being so lighthearted.

I loved the Baby Doll (Mary Dahl) reference/cameo with the exploding doll...I sure wish it said "I didn't mean to" when it was about to explode.

Well, almost every Batman origin story Bruce is a small factor that put his parents in the wrong place at the wrong time...Heck in Batman Begins it was because Bruce got freaked out by the opera.

Yeah, I didn't like that in Batman Begins, either. Parts of Batman Begins I love, and parts I don't like.

I was surprised they went into Batman's backstory with this show being so lighthearted.

I was surprised, too, and didn't like what they did with it. I just wanted to see Batman kicking robot Santa butt with Red Tornado. Not an origin revamp.

I actually credit The Batman's improvement to Michael Jelenic, who took a bigger role in seasons two and three, and became story editor for season four. The man is incredibly underrated. He also helped make the second season of Legion of Super-Heroes rock and also works in this show as story editor.

True. Beechen is also not a good writer.

Did you guys notice the screaming woman was always the same? :p Lol.

I did notice it. It got a little old.

This is got to be my favorite episode yet, I love Batman vs the Evil Santa Clause. I also thought it was really cool watching the Red Tornado try to find Christmas Sprit. The Red Tornado was Awsome in this episode, and I like the Blue Beetle in the beging argueing with his suit that was funny.

"Batman doesn't argue with his suit." Blue Beetle.

I sort felt bad for Red Tornado, in his search but though it was funny he try to make it in to a math probablem. Batman beating up santa in front of the kids, you didn't see that. I rather enjoyed that episodes.
Maybe Red Tornado should work on his Christmas Caroling for next year.

This episode was just great. I always love Christmas episodes for some reason, and this close to Christmas made it even more special. Red Tornado was great, I loved his design and his voice. I was shocked they showed Bat's origin. :wow:

The guy that voiced Reddy kinda sounds like John Lithgow.

This is the most single stupidly horrible and boring episode I have ever seen in my bat-life. God I think I regret the "JTV" episode of the batman. I voted 2 only because of the young Bruce Wayne moments, that was good. Maybe slightly caricatural, but I enjoyed it a lot.
BTW I enjoy the new batmobile, not sure about the red lines ... Anyway when I hear C.Burton, I hear Brainiac, I didn't buy the crappy "christmas spirit" that Red Tornado lacks, I despise Red Tornado a lot, find him (it) boring as hell, the villain was über-crap, stupid motivations, horribly stupid way to get his goals, batman in the middle of the Santas ... ... sorry but no. I am ready to see lighter Batman, but I feel this episode was just crap.

Did anyone notice the screaming woman that pops up during the Neptunian "invasion" also pops up during the attack of the Santas and the giant action figure? She really gets around! IMO, very funny.

Did anyone notice the screaming woman that pops up during the Neptunian "invasion" also pops up during the attack of the Santas and the giant action figure? She really gets around! IMO, very funny.

I did see that to, i thought it was ironic but kinda funny, i was thinking thiers that same women again, but all in all it was played out for fun. the rest of the episode was okay, but i to was shocked that they did bruce's parent's death scene in this show that so lighthearted & geared towards kids. but i guess they can pull out shockers in this show. & also thought that funhouse was related to the joker somehow since he had the jester makeup & whatnot.

Fun Haus was not as interesting as Ocean Master or Gentleman Ghost, but I have to admit I didn't recognize Williams's voice, since I'm used to seeing him in Malcolm In The Middle as Abe and The Boondocks as Uncle Ruckus.

Haus also does Uncle Ruckus? That's awesome. :woot:

I felt bad for Red Tornado when the kids told him "You're just a robot..." and they laughed it off...

"Observation: It is best not to laugh at someone who can blow your b***h-asses 300 feet into the air." -- What I would be tempted to put in were I writing this show.

Anyway, great episode. I loved how they connected Bruce's origin in this. It reminded me a bit of part of one of my favorite current Batman stories, Broken City.

The worst thing they ever did in this series is in this episode, it is a total insult to Bruce Wayne, and that, was showing Bruce as a spoiled little rich brat. Horrible thing to do. Bruce was never like that as a boy he was raised better than that and that was not the reason the Wayne's went to the movies. It made it look too much like it was Bruce's fault for their death.

It was a bad thing to do. The episode otherwise had some good moments, but this series sucks.

Haus also does Uncle Ruckus? That's awesome. :woot:

"Observation: It is best not to laugh at someone who can blow your b***h-asses 300 feet into the air." -- What I would be tempted to put in were I writing this show.

Anyway, great episode. I loved how they connected Bruce's origin in this. It reminded me a bit of part of one of my favorite current Batman stories, Broken City.
that exactly what spoiled bruce remind me

The worst thing they ever did in this series is in this episode, it is a total insult to Bruce Wayne, and that, was showing Bruce as a spoiled little rich brat. Horrible thing to do. Bruce was never like that as a boy he was raised better than that and that was not the reason the Wayne's went to the movies. It made it look too much like it was Bruce's fault for their death.

It was a bad thing to do. The episode otherwise had some good moments, but this series sucks.
Now if you were to calmly explain exactly why this episode was a letdown to you then people would take your opinion seriously, most have no problem with others disliking the series as that is a matter of opinion, but is it really necessary to just hate on it like that while only giving vague reasons?

Yes, Bruce was a brat in this episode, but you would be surprised how much this happens in the comics as well, showing young Bruce lose it. Do I think it was right? Maybe not, but I think it was handled well, as it was made so Bruce obviously just had a spat. But yeah, I'm not trying to insult you or anything, but I'm pretty sure people would like to hear a good argument from you rather than spouting out that "this series sucks" or "it is horrible garbage".

I really really really liked the origin for Batman that they portrayed. It was refreshing to see something different. I remember seeing them walking down the ally too and thinking "man you know what would suck?" bam bam "oooo damn"

My single favorite moment was Red Tornado singing "Jingle Bells".

His sigh at the end makes me laugh every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"