Arrow Episode 6: Legacies - Discussion/Rate & Review Thread

The typical CW audience feels the same way as you only the reverse.

This ep actually lost me, I preferred the old diggle.

The flush gang, was just a random family gang, would have preferred something more of a threat with names and skills that drew more from the source material. Hopefully their surviving members will carry on and evolve into that.

Well, there's room for development. Note: two of its members (the mother and one of the sons) weren't in the bank when the cops arrived and are likely still at large. Who knows? They might recruit others and come back to seek vengeance against Arrow.

Is it just me or is there something kind of sadistic about all these a-hole people(Queen family, Tommy) hating on that Doctor guy for being a goody-toe shoes. LOL.

They're not hating on him for being a white hat but because he's being a complete **** about it at the same time.

The female characters dragged this episode down for me. Felt too much like a CW soap.

I completely disagree. IMO, Thea/Willa Holland was one of the highlights this episode. Her performance was excellent - for instance, you could see from her expression that she was completely misinterpreting Merlyn - and her lines hilarious. I thought she had pretty good chemistry with everyone. Even stone-faced Ollie/Stephen Amell; which is saying a lot.

Seriously, I think the show should give her more things to do. Because of what they gave her, she was brilliant in them.

Brilliant? Seriously. They write her like a predictable teen soap character. They're using her just as I expected they would.

It's really mediocre and doesn't fit in with the other stuff in the series. It's more in line with 90210 and Gossip Girl.

The character's only purpose is to be a drama instigator.

Last edited:
Brilliant? Seriously. They write her like a predictable teen soap character. They're using her just as I expected they would.

It's really mediocre and doesn't fit in with the other stuff in the series. It's more in line with 90210 and Gossip Girl.

Yes. But this is CW, after all. So that's par the course.

Also, note that I didn't say that the role itself was unique or revolutionary. Rather, that the actress performed very well in the role that was given to her.

Well, she's still young and obviously the character is going to evolve, is not that big of a deal, she has a few good lines and the actress is doing a fine job.

This episode has been the weakest so far, but the next bunch seem to be better, we'll see.

I really liked this episode, I thought they adapted the Royal Flush gang well and it'll be interesting to see them again as I imagine their bitterness will be stronger now the King is dead. I thought their back story was well as Ollie and Diggs conflict over defining justice and the mission added a layer of human quality to the ep.

Amell was particularly good in this ep I felt, especially in the scene where Ollie confronts Derek Reston not to mention the final scenes with his Mom.

I also liked Tommy in this episode, given where the arc will likely lead him I think it was necessary to make him more likable so that when his fall comes it will work. The Tommy/Thea scenes came off really well IMO, especially the last one in his car.

On the action front the trick arrows were neat and I'm just waiting for Diggs to get more hands on.......oh, and no voice over past the credits!

Last edited:
I meant to mention, it was funny seeing Cam Hicks from Alphas as a *****ey rich doctor. :woot:

I really liked this episode, I thought they adapted the Royal Flush gang well and it'll be interesting to see them again as I imagine their bitterness will be stronger now the King is dead. I thought their back story was well as Ollie and Diggs conflict over defining justice and the mission added a layer of human quality to the ep.

Amell was particularly good in this ep I felt, especially in the scene where Ollie confronts Derek Reston not to mention the final scenes with his Mom.

I also liked Tommy in this episode, given where the arc will likely lead him I think it was necessary to make him more likable so that when his fall comes it will work. The Tommy/Thea scenes came off really well IMO, especially the last one in his car.

On the action front the trick arrows were neat and I'm just waiting for Diggs to get more hands on.......oh, and no voice over past the credits!

Completely agree. You have summed up my thoughts on the episode. I liked this as an origin for The Royal Flush gang as well as where Ollie truly begins to become a hero. Diggle is pretty much his Jiminy Cricket and I see Arrow becoming closer to Robin Hood as a result. Maybe Ollie won't have to lose his entire fortune to become more empathetic to the middle and poor classes. Not to mention fight for everyone's justice and not just his.

This episode has been the weakest so far, but the next bunch seem to be better, we'll see.

I dunno... I can see that as far as the action and main plot are concerned. However, I felt this episode was great in terms of fleshing out the characters. For the first time, the show didn't feel like everything revolved around Ollie.

Solid episode I think. The cgi on his wire arrows looked a bit sketchy and his flip that he does in the same scene bugged me a bit.
Looking forward to the next episode.

I thought the episode was ok.

Wasn't really feeling the Royal Flush Gang. Maybe some other family decides to copy them and does it better.

I was confused about the whole Thea/Tommy/Laurel thing. It was as if the episodes in which they acknowledge something was up between Tommy and Laurel never happened.

And this was the first time I wasn't annoyed and/or bored with Tommy.

Hope to see more of Ollie stopping criminals outside of the list. And he really needs a name. What happens when there's more than on vigilante in town?

Really liked the trick arrows Ollie used to tie the bags down and the show's take on the Royal Flush Gang. Good ep IMO - Digg is still the best character next to Ollie. Bring on Huntress.

I thought this was a good episode were the atention was around the characters and the action was just used to move the episode.

Regarding the Gang, I think most vilains so far are being introduced and they will comeback in the future. IMO with a archenemy (ok, they aren't really, but to be one) we expect more confrontation with the hero, and not just one.,Since this series is getting GA on the begining of the career, guess they're working with this angle.

A few things that stand out to me were GA not killing anyone on this episode, the trick arrows and the shield Ace used. They made a point of the criminals on the city knowing about him (and calling him vigilant and not The Hood) and maybe from now on the element of surprise won't be as strong as before, and he'll have a harder time taking ppl down (as was the case with Ace, it wasn't that easy this time).

Last edited:
The trick arrows were awesome this week. I also liked how the Dad of the royal flush gang described the Arrow as the local Vigilante kinda casual. Like ever other city has one. Bodes well for a lot of new heroes on the show. Me wanty NightWing!

^Well in the episode Diggs did mention and showed Ollie footage from Keystone City so that would be Wally West Flash as the local vigilante there. But how these guys got away from the Flash would be a mystery

^Well in the episode Diggs did mention and showed Ollie footage from Keystone City so that would be Wally West Flash as the local vigilante there. But how these guys got away from the Flash would be a mystery

He was probably MIA after DC retconned him out of existence.

That, or vigilantism in Keystone City had just been a 'Flash' in the pan. :D

And the other thing I didn't like about this episode was the ending. The last few episodes ended on cliffhangers setting each episode up to be part of an arc. It was good.

This episode... just faded to black and ended. It broke the chain.

This worries me because it makes me think we may start getting filler episodes soon. Hopefully the Christmas one isn't the first.

I think that this just means the arc of his origin is over. I did get a sense of closure from this episode as if it were the end of a movie. He's pretty settled in now. Now it's time to move on to other story arcs or to at least have them take center stage.

Disappointed they were only regular robbers unless J and O come back with a new A and K to seek revenge. Like how they worked in the gang into Oliver's development to go beyond that list.
[BLACKOUT]
I actually liked how they treated the characters without powers. We all know that Ace was an android in the comics with incredible strenght. Their take on it was to make him trigger happy and aggressive. I liked the twist whey he used a riot shield to fend off Ollie's arrows and then drive him through several plate glass windows. It gave you a mytical feeling that Ace was powerful.[/BLACKOUT]

How many pages of names do you suppose Ollie burned before he realized there were names in his father's book?There could be another 30 guys out there that should be brought to justice!:woot:

How many pages of names do you suppose Ollie burned before he realized there were names in his father's book?There could be another 30 guys out there that should be brought to justice!:woot:

"Oliver Queen! You have failed this city!" :D:D:D

Haha, I was thinking the same. I still wonder how much Oliver knows. They haven't really explained everything his father told him. Such as what he was such a bad guy for, and if he was told about his mother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"