Essential Mirage TMNT Reads

Aztec

Sidekick
Reaction score
For those of you who have read the classic Mirage TMNT comics you know the incredible artistry and quality of these reads. It truly is some of the best comic reads I have read. Many of the issues (Leonardo, #10-11, Return to New York, City at War, #28, etc.) are some of the absolute best comics I have read. I figured I'd share what I feel are the essential TMNT reads that tell the Mirage story of TMNT. I'd love to see this collected into a trade some day.

This is by no means a list of what I consider to be the "only good" issues but this is what I would call the "essential canon". This IMHO completely and satisfactorily tells the Mirage TMNT story from the first issue through City At War (which ends with amazing closure FYI).

Here they are listed:

TMNT Vol. 1 #1-11, 19-21, 28, and 48-62
Micro-Series Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo, Leonardo, Fugitoid
Shell Shock Complete Carnage and Radical short
Tales of the TMNT Vol 1 #1-7
Tales of the TMNT Vol 2 #70

Here's a rough attempt to put them into chronological order (All issues are TMNT Vol. 1 unless otherwise prefaced):
9, 1-3, Raphael, 4, Fugitoid, 5-7, Complete Carnage and Radical short, Michelangelo, 8, Donatello, Tales 5, Tales 7, Tales 3, Leonardo, 10-11, Tales 1, Tales 2, Tales 4, 19, Tales 70, 20-21, Tales 6, 28, 48-62.

I can't wait to read these when I finally get the ultimate collection books.I've only read reprints of #1 and found the Dontello one shot in a dollar bin.

Speaking of ultimate collection, hopefully City at War will get its due.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"