New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie Coming

Punisher RULES

Live Simple
Reaction score
Source:Variety April 23, 2009

A big announced for today's 25th anniversary celebration of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - the heroes in a half shell are returning to the big screen!

Variety says that the Mirage Group, which owns the property, is moving forward with a live-action film focusing on the origins of the iconic crime fighters.

The project, targeted for release in 2011, would mark the fifth big screen outing for the sewer-dwelling heroes Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael as well as their master Splinter.

Legendary Pictures former chief marketing officer Scott Mednick is producing the new film alongside Galen Walker, who produced the 2007 computer-animated TMNT. Peter Laird, Gary Richardson, Frederick Fierst, Eric Crown and Napoleon Smith III are executive producing the film, which is based on the characters created by Laird and Kevin Eastman.

Laird said the film will remain true to the spirit of the original comic books. He added that the film may employ face replacement technology, which would allow the turtles to be much more expressive.

Holy *****.

Real life actors in suits like the amazing first movie:wow:???

CANT WAIT

a new movie will benfit from better choreography in todays action scenes all i hope is that they make the turtles darker like the first few books but i know its a pipe dream to be honest.

One of the best b-day presents one could ask for...

I'm super-excited for a new Live Action Turtles movie...if it's anything like the first film I'll be more than satisfied.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait untill 2011

I'd rather not have an origin movie, BUT overall this news is too awesome not to get excited.

Sounds great. I'm actually one of the few that thinks TMNT was the best of the four (I just think the Turtles belong in animation), but I'm super stoked for this.

I think TMNT was fun but forgettable. Honestly, I can't see how it's better than the first live action movie.

Shredder is confirmed as the villain.

I'm holding off my excitement until I see that they are taking this seriously. PG-13 or bust! If I see this rated PG then I'm not seeing it.

I would be pumped to see a TMNT film that's true to the Mirage comics...but I'll take the more cautious approach.

Was very glad to hear this. I was really disappointed when the 4th movie was CGI as I'm sure many fans from the past were. I hope it will have the same kind of mood as the first film was "darker" than the others by all means. The 2nd movie was pretty good, but not good as the first. And of course, let's sweep that 3rd movie under the rug and pretend like it never happened.

Shredder is confirmed as the villain.

I'm holding off my excitement until I see that they are taking this seriously. PG-13 or bust! If I see this rated PG then I'm not seeing it.

I would be pumped to see a TMNT film that's true to the Mirage comics...but I'll take the more cautious approach.

Thats probably best the TMNT only really have one major villain in Shredder anyway i would love Martial arts star Donna Yen to play him.

What i want to see in a new movie is real Ninja stuff, stuff they where known for in history, covert operatives who where asassins and spys, lets see some missions with the TNMT infiltrating some mafia/coperate/foot ect building using all thier Ninja skills in the process.

I can't wait, hopefully it's like the first film.

The first film was amazing, dark and a little humor.
Second film was great but less dark and more humor and the third film was a complete mess.

100_0092_2.jpg

this is great....

5194d7cb2155da6f.jpg

b828695b22dde802.jpg

but these are better. they look like real people almost. they're kind of.....cute :cool:

I want Kang, Bepob and Rocksteady. I want mutant friggin rhinos and warthogs and a whiny little brain perched in the belly of a robot. also one thing the sequels and the cgi movie missed is street gangs. teenage street gangs with skateboards and cigarettes is important

Interview with Peter Laird over at MTV. He shares the following:

-"Batman Begins" style origin story
-Shredder confirmed
-April & Casey confirmed
-Baxter Stockman & Mousers possible
-Set up for TCRI possible

http://tinyurl.com/dxxhmn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"