EVERYONE! Wonder Woman needs more comic titles and some DTVs

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
As much as I'am demanding for a, or a series, of DTV(s) on Wonder Woman, I'am also demanding for more Wonder Woman comic books. The reason why is the same as why I want one or more DTVs of her: she is important, and she deserves it. Now I want two more Wonder Woman books. I already know the All Star Wonder Woman book coming but these two are in the main continuity. One is a revival of an old comic title and the other is based on the new Superman & Batman title.

The first is a modern revival of Sensation Comics. When #1 of this book came out, she was the main feature and the first issue showed her origin but in FULL and her first adventure (same thing as they did to Superman in Superman #1 where they showed his origin with what was cut for page count back in and reprinted his first four adventures). Then six months later, she had her own book: Wonder Woman Volume 1. Same exact thing like Action Comics/Superman & Detective Comics/Batman. Although she first appeared in All Star Comics, I see that (as many would) as an JSA comic and not really a Wonder Woman one. I want this because the name of this comic is on the same line as Superman's Action Comics and Batman's Detective Comics. Plus, the word "Sensation" fits well with Wonder Woman as, even though Sensation means alot of things, one term for it is great visual. And her (as an ultimate woman), her stories, and the settings did have that and still do. So I want Sensation Comics to come back.

The second new Wonder Woman book I want is a Wonder Woman Confidential book. Just like Superman Confidential & Batman Confidential, her history was changed just like the others and instead of rebooting her whole history and starting fresh (thank god they didn't do that) they kept her the same and continued on but it was obivious her history was not entirely like what we read back when Volume 2 started. So just as the Superman one and Batman one will retell and reexplore the character's early years, I believe that will do best for Wonder Womana dn I really want that.

So those are the two books I want to give Wonder Woman as she needs and deserves more titles under her name so she can have as much as Superman & Batman (she is the third of THE BIG THREE). I really want these to happen.

Now along with the comics, Wonder Woman needs more media under her name. DC Comics, with the help of WB Animation, is producing the three already known DTVs that was announced at Comic Con '06. Those films are Superman: Doomsday, Justice League: The New Frontier & New Teen Titans: Judas Contract. It's also been told that after those films, they will go on to make a movies each on Wonder Woman, The Flash & Green Lantern, I'm assuming.

Now I would love a, no, I WANT a Wonder Woman animated movie. She is as important as everyone in comics and deserves her place as DCU Hero #3 next to Superman & Batman. Technically its not one DTV request but two of them. Below is my request I want to share including the reasons why I want it to be.

The first Wonder Woman movie I want is the first two arcs Perez did for Wonder Woman's reboot back in '87 which is what got the character out of a jam (sorta speak). It should also include more issues like the world and the women of paradise island meeting for the first time and ending with the island revealed and now open to the world (or to put it more simplily: Gods and Mortals, Challenge of the Gods, and something like #50 since that ends it). The reason why the movie should be about those two arcs, Gods and Mortals & Challenge of the Gods, and other issues is because that is her origin. Gods & Mortals is Part 1 while Challenge of the Gods is the second part. And that is proven as things from Part 2 relate back to Part 1. So you can't have one without the other. The other issues can be the ones finishing the Cheetah part of the second arc or Cheetah could be written out and instead have the Amazon vote and #50 finishing the movie.

The second Wonder Woman movie I want isn't based on an particular arc, but the entire run by Greg Rucka. Specifically his run from issues 195-217. The reason why I want this is because Rucka's run did the great job of showing readers why Wonder Woman is important in the first place and why she is of the Big Three. The whole series went about her ideals, whom she fights with, whom she lives with, and why she is who she is. I got on the series because of Rucka's run and I'm still here with OYL. If Rucka showed why Wonder Woman is important in the comic books, same would work in a DTV. There are some things I should note for this arc turned into DTV: all references of Infinite Crisis should be eliminated and Hippolyta should be alive and well and still as queen of the island.

The reason why for these changes on the Rucka arc DTV is because I originally wanted not two, but three Wonder Woman DTVs. The one before the Rucka run idea was the Phil Jimenez' issues which had Hippolyta dying. But I changed my mind and I don't want that. I just want these two DTVs stated.

Now for titles: the Perez based DTV should be called WONDER WOMAN: GODS OF MORTALS and the Greg Rucka one should be titled WONDER WOMAN: DOWN TO EARTH.

That's all I want to say. Again, I REALLY, REALLY want an animated Wonder Woman movie or movies. There are many reasons and those are my ideas. Besides, we can't rely on Wheldon on his movie nor can I, nor we, can wait longer for a live action feature Wonder Woman movie. So we need an animated Wonder Woman DTV(s). NEED IT, I say. Spread the word to DC Comics!

Binker said:
The first is a modern revival of Sensation Comics. When #1 of this book came out, she was the main feature and the first issue showed her origin but in FULL and her first adventure (same thing as they did to Superman in Superman #1 where they showed his origin with what was cut for page count back in and reprinted his first four adventures). Then six months later, she had her own book: Wonder Woman Volume 1. Same exact thing like Action Comics/Superman & Detective Comics/Batman. Although she first appeared in All Star Comics, I see that (as many would) as an JSA comic and not really a Wonder Woman one. I want this because the name of this comic is on the same line as Superman's Action Comics and Batman's Detective Comics. Plus, the word "Sensation" fits well with Wonder Woman as, even though Sensation means alot of things, one term for it is great visual. And her (as an ultimate woman), her stories, and the settings did have that and still do. So I want Sensation Comics to come back.
Just what would be the purpose of that book?

Action Comics is meant to portray the Kryptonian in Superman, Superman is meant to portray the human in Superman.

Detective Comics is meant to be more grounded in Batman's reality-esque world and focus on the detective aspects of Batman. Batman is meant to portray the superhero aspects of Batman.

Personally I would rather have one-comic per character. Hell, I would even support the cancelation of Action Comics and Detective Comics if it didn't have such high issue numbers. Oh well, at least they canceled Superman (vol. 2), Batman: Gotham Knights, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Batgirl and Gotham Central, so it's a start in the reduction of the Bat and Super books. I personally think that the cancelation of Catwoman and Supergirl are inevitable. I won't be surprised if Robin and Superman/Batman got canceled, though at the moment, it seems like a long shot.

The second new Wonder Woman book I want is a Wonder Woman Confidential book. Just like Superman Confidential & Batman Confidential, her history was changed just like the others and instead of rebooting her whole history and starting fresh (thank god they didn't do that) they kept her the same and continued on but it was obivious her history was not entirely like what we read back when Volume 2 started. So just as the Superman one and Batman one will retell and reexplore the character's early years, I believe that will do best for Wonder Womana dn I really want that.
I think that if Batman Confidential and Superman Confidential are a success, then there will most definetely be a Wonder Woman Confidential, maybe even a Flash Confidential and a Green Lantern Confidential.

So those are the two books I want to give Wonder Woman as she needs and deserves more titles under her name so she can have as much as Superman & Batman (she is the third of THE BIG THREE). I really want these to happen.
Hence why I think that if they won't cancel Superman/Batman, they should add Wonder Woman to the book and call it Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman or Trinity.

Now I would love a, no, I WANT a Wonder Woman animated movie. She is as important as everyone in comics and deserves her place as DCU Hero #3 next to Superman & Batman. Technically its not one DTV request but two of them. Below is my request I want to share including the reasons why I want it to be.

The first Wonder Woman movie I want is the first two arcs Perez did for Wonder Woman's reboot back in '87 which is what got the character out of a jam (sorta speak). It should also include more issues like the world and the women of paradise island meeting for the first time and ending with the island revealed and now open to the world (or to put it more simplily: Gods and Mortals, Challenge of the Gods, and something like #50 since that ends it). The reason why the movie should be about those two arcs, Gods and Mortals & Challenge of the Gods, and other issues is because that is her origin. Gods & Mortals is Part 1 while Challenge of the Gods is the second part. And that is proven as things from Part 2 relate back to Part 1. So you can't have one without the other. The other issues can be the ones finishing the Cheetah part of the second arc or Cheetah could be written out and instead have the Amazon vote and #50 finishing the movie.

The second Wonder Woman movie I want isn't based on an particular arc, but the entire run by Greg Rucka. Specifically his run from issues 195-217. The reason why I want this is because Rucka's run did the great job of showing readers why Wonder Woman is important in the first place and why she is of the Big Three. The whole series went about her ideals, whom she fights with, whom she lives with, and why she is who she is. I got on the series because of Rucka's run and I'm still here with OYL. If Rucka showed why Wonder Woman is important in the comic books, same would work in a DTV. There are some things I should note for this arc turned into DTV: all references of Infinite Crisis should be eliminated and Hippolyta should be alive and well and still as queen of the island.

The reason why for these changes on the Rucka arc DTV is because I originally wanted not two, but three Wonder Woman DTVs. The one before the Rucka run idea was the Phil Jimenez' issues which had Hippolyta dying. But I changed my mind and I don't want that. I just want these two DTVs stated.

Now for titles: the Perez based DTV should be called WONDER WOMAN: GODS OF MORTALS and the Greg Rucka one should be titled WONDER WOMAN: DOWN TO EARTH.
I'd rather have the Wonder Woman animated DTV be based on the DCAU version of Wonder Woman.

That's all I want to say. Again, I REALLY, REALLY want an animated Wonder Woman movie or movies. There are many reasons and those are my ideas. Besides, we can't rely on Wheldon on his movie nor can I, nor we, can wait longer for a live action feature Wonder Woman movie. So we need an animated Wonder Woman DTV(s). NEED IT, I say. Spread the word to DC Comics!
I have to agree with you that if Wonder Woman is part of the Big Three, should should be treated like a part of the Big Three. As equal to Batman and Superman. I can wait for the Whedon Wonder Woman movie because judging from interviews, he's taking his time because he wants it done right in a way that is not cheesy and hokey like we've seen in Catwoman, Supergirl, Elektra, the Tomb Raider movies, Resident Evil and other movies that have had female action leads.

Catwoman and Supergirl are both great reads. You want them cancelled why?

WompuM said:
Catwoman and Supergirl are both great reads. You want them cancelled why?

Maybe because they both suck the big one :o

And it would reduce the Batman and Superman lines.

All-Star Wonder Woman will be out next year.

Closing...

hippie hunter said:
Maybe because they both suck the big one

And it would reduce the Batman and Superman lines.

Well, Supergirl sucks, but Catwoman is good.

I

Anubis said:
Well, Supergirl sucks, but Catwoman is good.

I

Catwoman dragged out that stupid "Who's the father" story for waaaay too long and gave out the most dissapointing result.

And yet we got a pretty cool villain out of it and an entertaining story. At this point "who's the father" is meaningless, especially seeing as most people already figured out who the daddy was.

I would have to agree on the idea to put Wonder Woman into Superman/Batman thus retitling it Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman.

But if not the books, I STILL WANT THE DTVs!!!!

DC talked about wanting to make WW more important since she is part of Trinity but they have done nothing about it. DC will never have WW actually become as important as Superman and Batman, she is just there to have a female on the team.

Wonder Woman joining the Superman/Batman kind of defeats the purpose of JLA. Because with just the three of them doing everything you really don't need the others to much.

Do you think the mainstream DC universe would ever dare have Wonder Woman give birth to a kid?

She doesn't need more titles. In all honesty, Batman and Superman need less titles. In conti uity, at least. Personally, I really don't care how many out of continuity titles they have.

Not in a million years. No one wants to touch half of Diana's femaleness... I don't think most writers (male and female alike) know how to deal with it in a mainstream DCU fashion, where having kids is all but forbidden. (Wally had kids... look what happened to him for it!)

As far as collapsing title, I would read a wondergirl title if well developed and I think Sensation Comics would be a great way to track Diana if Wonder Woman the book is tracking Donna's exploits as Wondy...

Of course, all this needs to be prefaced by an overral revival in the quality of the character the power of the stories told. DC is JUST starting to move in a direction that makes Diana compelling and it wasn't without a whole lot of bching from fans who want the same old same old Diana so they can not bother buying her book. Perhaps in time she actually can rise to meet Bat and Superman in popularity and appeal... but it can't be done artificially but shoving a whole bunch of books out there that no one will buy.

I'd like to see more Wonder Woman titles too, but the fact is that it wouldn't be profitable for DC.

Female characters are a hard sell as it is. And even Wonder Woman herself barely makes passing numbers. One book of her is reasonable. Two books is dangerous. More than two books of her, especially in the same continuity, is just asking for disaster. Comics are a male medium, and the sad truth is that solo female characters -- even more popular ones -- don't incite the same amount of readers. Not enough to justify multiple ongoing titles; that's just the way it is.

Most writers don't even know what the hell to do with her anyway. I'd rather just have one who does -- like Heinberg -- instead of a bunch who don't -- like a variety of writers throughout the nineties -- that are just going to bloat the market.

All-Star Wonder Woman, Adam hughes....its happening, be patient.

I know ASWW is coming. And maybe that story might be adapted into a DTV. But to be honest, I wanan wait til I see what that story is about. And let's face it: I don't want another All Star with ALOT of delays.

If not Sensation, why not just Confidential with the main book?

GL1 said:
Not in a million years. No one wants to touch half of Diana's femaleness... I don't think most writers (male and female alike) know how to deal with it in a mainstream DCU fashion, where having kids is all but forbidden. (Wally had kids... look what happened to him for it!)
All too true...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"